ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Mar 23, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #5,236 of 12,488
Authorized EU sellers :

3330 $ - Poland
3200 $ - Denmark
3333 $ - Netherlands
3332 $ - Germany
3286 $ - France

and so on... My price of 3200 ordering directly from the US also includes a 3rd set of pads...

Hifitalo in Finland has them for 2800€, but they are out of stock at the moment. Not sure if they do international shipping.

Mar 23, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #5,238 of 12,488
Except it's 2799
1616505339615.png

Mar 23, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #5,244 of 12,488
I have found the Wywire Platinum to be nothing short of amazing. Substantial improvements and clarity, detail, transparency and 3-D soundstage. In my experience a bigger change in sound than swapping pads on the VC. That being said it may not be for everyone. I found most cables to be fairly microphonic with the VC probably because of the cup design and these are no exception so if you’re moving a lot they can be a little stiff and microphonic. I understand that some people feel a cable doesn’t make much difference in sound and I understand that as I have heard only subtle differences between silver and copper cables but this cable, being made of a super conductor, is very different. If you are like me and think cables only make a subtle difference, when you hear the WyWire Platinum I believe it will forever change your opinion. Alex’s RCA interconnects are amazing as well. I’ve never had the pleasure of trying the diamond interconnects but I can only imagine they would also be fantastic.

INo doubt...It sounds like an amazing cable. I couldn't resist the price or your comments so I ordered one. Important to realize the graphene carbon is not used as a conductor. More like sheilding and possibly insulation as Alex describes what it does. My Mad Scientest harness is graphene impreg carbon on the positive conductor. Bob says it's to resistive to run as a ground. The resistance apparently lowers the noise floor and helps just balance the cable out. It has virtually no capacitance. Alex on the otherhand discusses how the extremely low inductance of his cables significantly improves resolution. I will compare them after a couple hundred hours of burn in. But the Mad Sci
it much better than my previous 19awg neotech occ silver/gold multistrand running 8 wires. My favorite connector are Furutech. mini xlrs and either eidolic or furutech
rhodium copper 6.3mm. Looking forward to it. Alex says he will ship them next week. Of course had him upgrade with the Furutechs.

Alex must get a lot out of his geometry and general configuration. Have listened to and owned a couple different occ and ofc copper variants...I can tell you OCC is better than most silver, but not occ silver or occ silver gold. And carbon is a different ballgame. It's just more organic and more open. Alex was a blast to discuss this stuff with and he agreed carbon could work extremely well as a conductor but he is using it to lower the noise floor and interference. The materials and tech are awesome but it's the results so I'm open to a cable that utilizes litz strand copper in different multiples with carbon graphene around it etc outperforming even my graphene carbon fiber stuff.

Besides my Mad Sci is more of a dedicated system cable. It is not terribly flexible or convenient to use. You hook it up and stay put. The platinum seems to be designed to get the most out of a reasonably flexible somewhat portable approach. That will at the very least be extremely useful as an alternative when I need it.

Happy listening,

jgwtriode

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 1:53 AM Post #5,245 of 12,488
INo doubt...It sounds like an amazing cable. I couldn't resist the price or your comments so I ordered one. Important to realize the graphene carbon is not used as a conductor. More like sheilding and possibly insulation as Alex describes what it does. My Mad Scientest harness is graphene impreg carbon on the positive conductor. Bob says it's to resistive to run as a ground. The resistance apparently lowers the noise floor and helps just balance the cable out. It has virtually no capacitance. Alex on the otherhand discusses how the extremely low inductance of his cables significantly improves resolution. I will compare them after a couple hundred hours of burn in. But the Mad Sci
it much better than my previous 19awg neotech occ silver/gold multistrand running 8 wires. My favorite connector are Furutech. mini xlrs and either eidolic or furutech
rhodium copper 6.3mm. Looking forward to it. Alex says he will ship them next week. Of course had him upgrade with the Furutechs.

Alex must get a lot out of his geometry and general configuration. Have listened to and owned a couple different occ and ofc copper variants...I can tell you OCC is better than most silver, but not occ silver or occ silver gold. And carbon is a different ballgame. It's just more organic and more open. Alex was a blast to discuss this stuff with and he agreed carbon could work extremely well as a conductor but he is using it to lower the noise floor and interference. The materials and tech are awesome but it's the results so I'm open to a cable that utilizes litz strand copper in different multiples with carbon graphene around it etc outperforming even my graphene carbon fiber stuff.

Besides my Mad Sci is more of a dedicated system cable. It is not terribly flexible or convenient to use. You hook it up and stay put. The platinum seems to be designed to get the most out of a reasonably flexible somewhat portable approach. That will at the very least be extremely useful as an alternative when I need it.

Happy listening,

jgwtriode
It'll be great to hear your comparative impressions of your Mad Scientist with the WyWires when you receive it. Thanks @jgwtriode!

Mar 24, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #5,246 of 12,488

Happy listening,

jgwtriode
That is great information! You were able to get more out of Alex than I was 😀 I look forward to your impressions with the VC.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #5,248 of 12,488
Does cable really need burn in time? Sorry for the newbie question...
My personal experience is that interconnects and speaker cables certainly do need break-in. In those I have heard substantial changes to 100 hours but I have not found much change in headphone cables. I don’t know if it’s because of the small electrical current or other factors.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #5,249 of 12,488
Does cable really need burn in time? Sorry for the newbie question...
Yes indeed. I feel at 200 hours the cable is pretty much there. But you will still notice subtle improvements every 50 + hours after. up to maybe 400 or 500 hours...depending on the cable. More so with interconnects, digital cables and low current power cables. Speaker Cables due seem to settle more quickly. Its fun to listen ocassionaly in between burning to hear what is happening. I mostly burn it with random noise burst like JLabs burn in or Tara Labs has a new one you can download. Cascade noise id what they call their app. One tip as well for burning low current power cables get an iec male to 3 prong female adapter and plug your iec power cord between a refrigerator and the wall outlet.
Happy listening

Jgwtriode

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #5,250 of 12,488
Hey folks! I have some amazing news and I am so excited to share it. I have been dreaming of owning a pair of VC since they were first released, and I finally have a pair on the way. I should have them by next week, and I am so excited that I don't know what to do with myself! :smile:

I scored this Ambrosia Maple set from another member, who picked them up during ZMF November, and I can't wait to see them in person!

Screenshot_20210325-093937_Chrome.jpg

Fun times ahead!

Wes

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back