ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Mar 25, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #5,251 of 12,524
After listening to my VCs for a month or so I finally tried a different set of pads - went from the installed Auteur Lambskins to the BE2 Lambskins. Y'all aren't kidding, that's a huge difference. Auteur lambskins, I really didn't like the sound so much... my Auteurs with Auteur perf suedes sounded a lot better to me. BE2s really get this to the sound I was looking and hoping for. Which makes sense, they're rated as way more on the "neutral" side of things on ZMF's pad sonics chart.

Makes me wonder if the Verite pads would be even better, since they're the furthest neutral pads on the chart? I may need to order some Verite pads in suede.

Mar 25, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #5,252 of 12,524
I think sp
Hey folks! I have some amazing news and I am so excited to share it. I have been dreaming of owning a pair of VC since they were first released, and I finally have a pair on the way. I should have them by next week, and I am so excited that I don't know what to do with myself! :smile:

I scored this Ambrosia Maple set from another member, who picked them up during ZMF November, and I can't wait to see them in person!

Screenshot_20210325-093937_Chrome.jpg

Fun times ahead!

Wes

Gorgeous!

Mar 25, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #5,253 of 12,524
Hey folks! I have some amazing news and I am so excited to share it. I have been dreaming of owning a pair of VC since they were first released, and I finally have a pair on the way. I should have them by next week, and I am so excited that I don't know what to do with myself! :smile:

I scored this Ambrosia Maple set from another member, who picked them up during ZMF November, and I can't wait to see them in person!

Fun times ahead!

Wes

They are really beautiful, congrats and welcome to the club :wink:

Since you are coming from the Aeolus/Atticus (like me), I highly recommend you to try the Auteur Hybrid pads and the Universe Hybrid pads. I slightly prefer the Auteur Hybrid pads these days, but the Universe Hybrid pads are also a must have in my opinion.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #5,254 of 12,524
They are really beautiful, congrats and welcome to the club :wink:

Since you are coming from the Aeolus/Atticus (like me), I highly recommend you to try the Auteur and the Universe Hybrid pads. I slight prefer the Auteur Hybrid pads now but the Universe Hybrid pads are also a must have in my opinion.
Thanks and I will be ordering a set of the Auteur and Universe Hybrids shortly.

Mar 25, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #5,255 of 12,524
After listening to my VCs for a month or so I finally tried a different set of pads - went from the installed Auteur Lambskins to the BE2 Lambskins. Y'all aren't kidding, that's a huge difference. Auteur lambskins, I really didn't like the sound so much... my Auteurs with Auteur perf suedes sounded a lot better to me. BE2s really get this to the sound I was looking and hoping for. Which makes sense, they're rated as way more on the "neutral" side of things on ZMF's pad sonics chart.

Makes me wonder if the Verite pads would be even better, since they're the furthest neutral pads on the chart? I may need to order some Verite pads in suede.

You should also try the Auteur Hybrid pads. They are much better than the Auteur Leather pads in my opinion.

Mar 25, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #5,256 of 12,524

Fun times ahead!

Wes
I want those!!! Congrats! That wood is amazing looking. Love the grain and contrast.

Mar 25, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #5,258 of 12,524
LOL for the first time ever I can actually hear the infamous "Dual rumble" on my Dual 1019. Clarity, y'all. It has its drawbacks sometimes.

Mar 25, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #5,259 of 12,524

Fun times ahead!

Wes
Nice pair, wonder why they sold them.

Mar 25, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #5,260 of 12,524

Fun times ahead!

Wes

Beautiful!!! Congrats Wes! Can’t wait to hear your impressions compared to your Aeolus and Atticus. Going to sound awesome with all your tube gear :D

Mar 25, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #5,261 of 12,524

Fun times ahead!

Wes
Those are drop dead gorgeous!
So excited for you brother, I can't wait to hear your impressions.
Fun times indeed....congrats.

Mar 25, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #5,262 of 12,524
If you really like the Beyer/Etymotic sound the Verite Closed is tuned very differently so it might not be your cup of tea.
The DT880 holds the record for shortest time a headphone has lasted in my collection. I plugged it into my Glenn, listened to it for less than one minute, unplugged it, handed it to my stepson and never looked back. He uses the DT880 for practicing guitar.
but hell no would I pay MSRP for any of those. List branded cables generally sell at a 50-60% profit margin to the dealer.
A friend, who is in the high end audio business, refers to cable mfgs as being in the money printing business.
Does cable really need burn in time? Sorry for the newbie question...

Fun times ahead!

Wes
Lovely. Congrats dude!

Mar 25, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #5,263 of 12,524
I have been searching for some bluegrass.....I found this a couple of days ago and it is quite enjoying so I will leave it here.

Mar 25, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #5,264 of 12,524
My personal experience is that interconnects and speaker cables certainly do need break-in. In those I have heard substantial changes to 100 hours but I have not found much change in headphone cables. I don’t know if it’s because of the small electrical current or other factors.
I have been dreaming this week of a higher end headphone system that looks a lot like yours. Chord Mscaler, Chord Hugo TT2 and either a ZMF Pendant tube amp or another Ampsandsound tube amp like a Mogwai. Can you share your experience with these products for configuring it for optimal future proofing? In other words, I'd like to enable it to drive full sized speakers like you have. Plus, I'd like to be able to drive other high end headphones like Hifiman Susvara or Focal Utopias along with my ZMF VC and HD800S. TY.

Mar 25, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #5,265 of 12,524
I have been searching for some bluegrass.....I found this a couple of days ago and it is quite enjoying so I will leave it here.

Oh thats good stuff! Thanks for sharing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back