ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Aug 9, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #92 of 12,524
I'm curious about the Verite closed, but I'm gonna be honest- I'm not really sure if I understand what niche it's supposed to fill? It's not as bassy as the eikon or atticus, right? The site says it accentuates imaging, but is less 3D than the verite open which has me a bit confused as to what exactly that's supposed to mean?

I love Zach's work so I'm trying to have an open mind but seeing as I already have an Atticus, Auteur and Verite open I think maybe the Verite closed might be a little redundant for me... as much as that desert ironwood has me salivating lol

This is exactly where I am at, trying to figure where the VC figures into my headphone collection. For me if it doesn't have the 3D presentation of the Verite and a little extra bass goodness, then why would this be better than an Eikon or Atticus for hundreds less? I guess I am trying to find out is.....what is it's thing vs the Eikon and other closed modes out there?

Aug 10, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #93 of 12,524
The prices shown at the moment are surely inclusive of the pre-order discount?

Aug 10, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #95 of 12,524
Yes, when you select all the options required (cable and all), it will show the discounted price in red.

Can't do anything with it though, as you can't the item to the cart in the site.

You can dream, Brother, dream....

On another note, they are absolutely beautiful Headphones, I didn’t notice any vents, a la Eikon/Atticus, or am I just missing them?

Aug 10, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #96 of 12,524
Yes, when you select all the options required (cable and all), it will show the discounted price in red.

Can't do anything with it though, as you can't the item to the cart in the site.
Ah well spotted!

Aug 10, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #97 of 12,524
You can dream, Brother, dream....

On another note, they are absolutely beautiful Headphones, I didn’t notice any vents, a la Eikon/Atticus, or am I just missing them?
Yeah, doesn’t seem to be any. At first I thought that, for something comparably priced to the OG verité, it looked a bit plain without the exquisite grill or vents, but it has an understated aesthetic that has grown on me.

Also, the fact that it has the benefits of true isolation, both in terms of leakage and from external noise, whilst (hopefully) maintaining the technical chops of the og verité make it a huge draw IMO.

Aug 10, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #98 of 12,524
Think I’ve finally decided to pull the trigger on these when they become available. I’d been about to snatch up a Verité when I saw these were coming out and it seems silly not to be a bit patient and take advantage of pre-sale pricing that’s only $200 or so more than a used pair of open-backs. That desert ironwood looks amazing too!
Plus I miss my Eikons. I love my Sony’s but ZMF closed-backs are the only ones I’ve had that I wanted to listen to even when there was no need for the isolation. And I know these will absolutely kill with my Pendant amp! I’m assuming they’re 300ohms like the other ZMF dynamics?

Aug 10, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #99 of 12,524
@Wildcatsare1 On another site Zach mentioned that there is one vent but it's on the side of the cup like the Verite-Open. The venting is smaller than Eikon or Atticus, making it ZMF's most closed headphone to date

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #100 of 12,524
@Wildcatsare1 On another site Zach mentioned that there is one vent but it's on the side of the cup like the Verite-Open. The venting is smaller than Eikon or Atticus, making it ZMF's most closed headphone to date
I hope it absolutely destroys ambient noise. My latest move has made open backs and tbh even my closed backs at times almost redundant. Getting new windows put in to help, but even then all it takes is for some clattering from the kitchen, or from some obnoxious stair/ceiling stomping and I get yanked right out of my happy place.
When I get my closed Verités, depending on how well they isolate and how they sound, I could see myself selling off the rest of my collection and rebuilding it when I live in a quieter place / can give more of my time to multiple attention thirsty headphones....
Having said all that... in reality I'll probably own three more headphones by the time the Verités arrive... getting rid of gear is easier said than done lol!

Aug 12, 2019 at 3:31 AM Post #101 of 12,524
I hope it absolutely destroys ambient noise. My latest move has made open backs and tbh even my closed backs at times almost redundant. Getting new windows put in to help, but even then all it takes is for some clattering from the kitchen, or from some obnoxious stair/ceiling stomping and I get yanked right out of my happy place.
When I get my closed Verités, depending on how well they isolate and how they sound, I could see myself selling off the rest of my collection and rebuilding it when I live in a quieter place / can give more of my time to multiple attention thirsty headphones....
Having said all that... in reality I'll probably own three more headphones by the time the Verités arrive... getting rid of gear is easier said than done lol!

Try some CIEMs if the Verite Closed don't work out, they are ultimate isolation!

Aug 12, 2019 at 4:12 AM Post #102 of 12,524
Try some CIEMs if the Verite Closed don't work out, they are ultimate isolation!
I've definitely toyed with going the DAP + CIEM route so I can just jam out wherever I please in whatever orientation I please. As I work from home at the moment (and for the most part find it difficult to concentrate on work while listening to music - or I'm just simply not able to give enough attention to the music, which is a crime with the better headphones) sitting any longer at my desk for a listening session is not always an inviting idea.... ugh first world problems...

Aug 12, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #103 of 12,524
I've definitely toyed with going the DAP + CIEM route so I can just jam out wherever I please in whatever orientation I please. As I work from home at the moment (and for the most part find it difficult to concentrate on work while listening to music - or I'm just simply not able to give enough attention to the music, which is a crime with the better headphones) sitting any longer at my desk for a listening session is not always an inviting idea.... ugh first world problems...

To be honest with most CIEMs you don't even need a DAP as they are so easy to drive. For reference I can sit on a train and have someone talk next to me and I won't even be able to hear what they are saying lol, I don't listen loud either as I would rather not go deaf. I would definitely say if you do go CIEMs that getting quality moulds are critical, someone like Gisele from http://aid2hearing.co.uk/

Aug 12, 2019 at 4:36 AM Post #104 of 12,524
To be honest with most CIEMs you don't even need a DAP as they are so easy to drive. For reference I can sit on a train and have someone talk next to me and I won't even be able to hear what they are saying lol, I don't listen loud either as I would rather not go deaf. I would definitely say if you do go CIEMs that getting quality moulds are critical, someone like Gisele from http://aid2hearing.co.uk/
Nice! The main attraction of the dap for me would be the separation from my phone tbh, if I had to take a stab at what I would get it would probably be the upcoming Fiio M11 pro. As for IEMs, I'm completely ignorant tbh. I've totally shunned in ears apart from my gym buds. I'm hoping the windows and some THICCK wood from the Verités will do the trick ha, otherwise I will have to educate myself in that area!

Aug 12, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #105 of 12,524

Don't get your hopes up bud, in my experience bigger headphones tend to have worse isolation and sound blockage. I've owned Z1R, and have auditioned The Stellia.
Both are just OK for me, when I play the music quote loud the leakage is apparent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back