ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Aug 20, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #122 of 12,524
Any word on what accounts for the 590-620 weight difference on the Desert Ironwood Ltds?
Different kinds of wood have different density, some kinds of wood are going to be heavier. Also the weigh might vary depending on the specific piece of wood used, so there can be differences even with the same type of wood.

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #123 of 12,524
Any word on impedance and sensitivity? Obviously, as this is a direct competitor to the Stellias, I’d be interested to know how they would fare when being powered straight from my sp1k. Also, does anyone know how they perform when it comes to sound leakage? Although I do most of my listening at home, I do take a long bus ride every other week, and significant leaking would be a complete deal breaker.

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #124 of 12,524
Any word on impedance and sensitivity? Obviously, as this is a direct competitor to the Stellias, I’d be interested to know how they would fare when being powered straight from my sp1k. Also, does anyone know how they perform when it comes to sound leakage? Although I do most of my listening at home, I do take a long bus ride every other week, and significant leaking would be a complete deal breaker.
Well, no one has one yet so the latter would probably be hard for a lot of people to comment on. That said I can't imagine wearing a $2300 headphone on public transportation is the wisest of decisions... However, regarding for the former:
I'd be surprised if the impedence was different than the Verite open (99 dB/mW @ 300ohm) since it's using the same driver.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #125 of 12,524
Well, no one has one yet so the latter would probably be hard for a lot of people to comment on. That said I can't imagine wearing a $2300 headphone on public transportation is the wisest of decisions... However, regarding for the former:
I'd be surprised if the impedence was different than the Verite open (99 dB/mW @ 300ohm) since it's using the same driver.
Thanks for the quick reply. If you are right about the former, I suppose I’ll have to relax my veritè interest and focus more on the Stellias.

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #126 of 12,524
Thanks for the quick reply. If you are right about the former, I suppose I’ll have to relax my veritè interest and focus more on the Stellias.
They were driven easily by my SP1000SS when I tried them at The London CanJam. The noise isolation was also much, much better than the Stellia at the show. I ordered my VC on the strength of this demo and also put my Stellias up for sale. Sure the volume was setting was lower with the Stellia compared to the VC but there was still tons of headroom and please don’t even get me started on how they sounded. Spoiler alert they were amazing

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #127 of 12,524
They were driven easily by my SP1000SS when I tried them at The London CanJam. The noise isolation was also much, much better than the Stellia at the show. I ordered my VC on the strength of this demo and also put my Stellias up for sale. Sure the volume was setting was lower with the Stellia compared to the VC but there was still tons of headroom and please don’t even get me started on how they sounded. Spoiler alert they were amazing
Well thats a relief to hear, especially when you mentioned the noise isolation. It looks like you peaked my interest again. Although id be happy to buy them blindly (especially with the $300 off deal they currently have going), i doubt i should take any chances. Hopefully a dealer near me will get them in asap so i can have a lengthy demo.

Thanks

Aug 20, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #128 of 12,524
Wow so you own Stellia now and are selling them and getting the VC? How does the detail and soundstage compare?

Aug 20, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #129 of 12,524
Very good isolation ! ! I am also interested now for them to go my SP1000 !

but...where is it possible to preorder them ? Do they have an estimlated shipping date ?

and...is there a possibility to choose the type of wood's look ? (not fan of the "zebra" type on the left ! I MUCH prefer the brown version on the right !! )

Capture d’écran 2019-08-21 à 00.15.11.png Capture d’écran 2019-08-21 à 00.15.20.png

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #130 of 12,524

but...where is it possible to preorder them ? Do they have an estimlated shipping date ?

and...is there a possibility to choose the type of wood's look ? (not fan of the "zebra" type on the left ! I MUCH prefer the brown version on the right !! )

Order here when pre-order goes live:
https://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals

It sounds like Zach is planning to have some sets ready at pre-order date, so may be less time than previous new launches. Took about 6 or 7 weeks to get my Verite open back, which was well worth the wait.

When you purchase, you can leave a note regarding aesthetic preferences and ZMF will do their best to match you up with a headphone that looks how you want, but do keep in mind that wood patterns/visuals different per piece, so a specific look may not be guaranteed.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #131 of 12,524
I ordered my VC on the strength of this demo and also put my Stellias up for sale.

Thats quite a statement. I would have to say that after the Verite open,the Stellia is the best headphone Ive ever heard.

(not fan of the "zebra" type on the left ! I MUCH prefer the brown version on the right !! )

Im just the opposite. I love heavily figured "zebra striping"

Aug 20, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #132 of 12,524
Thanks for the advice.. I can see they have quite a few cable upgrade optiond ! hard to choose ! which cable were used for the demos at CAnjam or other show ?

Aug 20, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #133 of 12,524
Thats quite a statement. I would have to say that after the Verite open,the Stellia is the best headphone Ive ever heard.

Im just the opposite. I love heavily figured "zebra striping"

Is this going to be a tough choice for you VC vs Stellia?

Yeah that zebra wood might look even better with a light ebony or mahogany stain on top of it.

Aug 20, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #134 of 12,524

Are those two the same type of wood?

Aug 20, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #135 of 12,524

Users who are viewing this thread

Back