ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Aug 12, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #106 of 12,522
Don't get your hopes up bud, in my experience bigger headphones tend to have worse isolation and sound blockage. I've owned Z1R, and have auditioned The Stellia.
Both are just OK for me, when I play the music quote loud the leakage is apparent.
I have no issue bothering others, it's just my enjoyment that I'm concerned with :D

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #107 of 12,522
@Wildcatsare1 On another site Zach mentioned that there is one vent but it's on the side of the cup like the Verite-Open. The venting is smaller than Eikon or Atticus, making it ZMF's most closed headphone to date

I’ll be getting a VC to review, I cannot wait to listen and see these in person!

Aug 16, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #108 of 12,522
When is someone reviewing these? So far only some quick impressions from CanJam London.

Aug 16, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #109 of 12,522
When is someone reviewing these? So far only some quick impressions from CanJam London.

Zach's working on getting demo's out. So it'll probably be at least a few weeks before you start see some write ups.

Aug 16, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #110 of 12,522
Zach's working on getting demo's out. So it'll probably be at least a few weeks before you start see some write ups.
I'm really hoping we get some impressions before they're actually up for sale! I need to know if I need to come up with an excuse as to why I just dropped another 2k on headphones lol.

Aug 16, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #111 of 12,522
I'm really hoping we get some impressions before they're actually up for sale! I need to know if I need to come up with an excuse as to why I just dropped another 2k on headphones lol.
Exactly that’s what my rush is for. Would like to have more in depth impressions before they go on sale next month.

Aug 16, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #112 of 12,522
Exactly that’s what my rush is for. Would like to have more in depth impressions before they go on sale next month.

Speaking only for myself,I like to have 2 weeks minimum before I feel like I can offer a fair and objective opinion. Factor in whether or not the headphone is burned in or not can add more time.

ZMF is working hard to get these into the hands of reviewers,but these things take time,especially when you consider that theyre not an assembly line company. The looks and sound of their headphones that we love so much are a labor of love.

Aug 16, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #113 of 12,522
Speaking only for myself,I like to have 2 weeks minimum before I feel like I can offer a fair and objective opinion. Factor in whether or not the headphone is burned in or not can add more time.

ZMF is working hard to get these into the hands of reviewers,but these things take time,especially when you consider that theyre not an assembly line company. The looks and sound of their headphones that we love so much are a labor of love.

Do you think you're going to do another video review of the VC like you did with the open version? I thought you did a great job of describing the sound and the fact that you took your time with them really showed in the review!

Aug 16, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #114 of 12,522
My review will be ink, I’m not as good looking as @Monsterzero (a mug made for radio), but he and I are in full agreement on time with a headphone, a minimum of 2 weeks.

Aug 16, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #115 of 12,522
Do you think you're going to do another video review of the VC like you did with the open version?

Yup. Same type of review,with many comparisons to the original Verite. Unfortunately I do not own a TOTL closed back to compare it to,and im guessing that it will smoke my humble HD250,even though I love that headphone to death.

I thought you did a great job of describing the sound and the fact that you took your time with them really showed in the review!
Thank you. I appreciate the feedback.

Aug 16, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #116 of 12,522
Yup. Same type of review,with many comparisons to the original Verite. Unfortunately I do not own a TOTL closed back to compare it to,and im guessing that it will smoke my humble HD250,even though I love that headphone to death.

Thank you. I appreciate the feedback.
Well you did review the Stellia, which is the VC's main competition. Hopefully you can do somewhat of a comparison even though I am sure you don't have the Stellia around any more.

Aug 16, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #117 of 12,522
Well you did review the Stellia, which is the VC's main competition. Hopefully you can do somewhat of a comparison even though I am sure you don't have the Stellia around any more.

Yup,I really liked it too,but its gone on to the next reviewer. Stuff like brightness I can remember,but comparing stuff like depth and width of staging,leading edges,etc. I really need to have both on hand to do a proper a/b.

Aug 16, 2019 at 11:48 PM Post #118 of 12,522
Same type of review,with many comparisons to the original Verite. Unfortunately I do not own a TOTL closed back to compare it to
+1 fan of your reviews (and cannot wait to meet with you at the Festivus!!!)
I think that some of us (me included) would love to hear your take on whether or not the closed Verite is a good addition for someone who already owns the open Verite, and isolation is not a big concern. Are they different enough to justify owning both, or having the open and not caring about isolation means - no need to buy the closed??

Aug 20, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #119 of 12,522
I'm interested in getting the Verite Closed when it arrives, but i'm just concerned about the weight of the Desert Ironwood variant. 590-620g is approaching ''Audeze territory'' and while i didn't find the LCD-4 uncomfortable when i had it, i did find that going to an Abyss Diana Phi makes a significant difference in wear time and comfort. I don't mind the look of the Monkeypod and would definitely compromise in choosing it if the lower weight would make it more comfortable. Can anyone chime in who had the open Verite in one of the lighter wood variants and compare it with a heavier wood build (doesn't have to be the Verite, but soomething like the EIkon or Auteur) and say whether the 150 grams difference is significant?

Aug 20, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #120 of 12,522
I'm interested in getting the Verite Closed when it arrives, but i'm just concerned about the weight of the Desert Ironwood variant. 590-620g is approaching ''Audeze territory'' and while i didn't find the LCD-4 uncomfortable when i had it, i did find that going to an Abyss Diana Phi makes a significant difference in wear time and comfort. I don't mind the look of the Monkeypod and would definitely compromise in choosing it if the lower weight would make it more comfortable. Can anyone chime in who had the open Verite in one of the lighter wood variants and compare it with a heavier wood build (doesn't have to be the Verite, but soomething like the EIkon or Auteur) and say whether the 150 grams difference is significant?

I have the Eikons and while hefty, I have never found them to be uncomfortably heavy on the head while listening. I just put them on the kitchen scale and they weighed in at 580 grams.

Since I have to spend the majority of my listening time with closed backs, I am really interested in how the VC will sound. While I love my Eikons I would like a bit more detailed, refined and open sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back