ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Apr 7, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #12,421 of 12,492
Finally made my way back to the club. I always felt something was missing from my closed back arsenal. I have plenty of notes of how much I enjoyed my first VC with this amp and that dac. Got a opportunity to acquire one again. Looks like I did a great job the second time around getting a VC.

This VC is saying try to get rid of me, I bet you can't. For sure, from the sound and now the amazing look, I think I have my keeper.

My VC name is Reef, a Blue Stabilized Maple Burl.

20240407_021008.jpg
New Queen of the Tower

I mean wow, she is a beauty. I think she's right, there's no way I'll be able to get rid of her. Sounds good and looks good, one of a kind, I'm one lucky guy. :beerchug:

Apr 7, 2024 at 11:56 AM Post #12,422 of 12,492
Finally made my way back to the club. I always felt something was missing from my closed back arsenal. I have plenty of notes of how much I enjoyed my first VC with this amp and that dac. Got a opportunity to acquire one again. Looks like I did a great job the second time around getting a VC.

This VC is saying try to get rid of me, I bet you can't. For sure, from the sound and now the amazing look, I think I have my keeper.

20240407_021008.jpg
New Queen of the Tower

I mean wow, she is a beauty. I think she's right, there's no way I'll be able to get rid of her. Sounds good and looks good, one of a kind, I'm one lucky guy. :beerchug:
That’s a gorgeous color scheme. Congrats.

Apr 7, 2024 at 12:00 PM Post #12,423 of 12,492
Headphone 🎧 or the missus 🙋‍♀️ ? .... 🤣

Apr 16, 2024 at 2:59 PM Post #12,424 of 12,492
Been using the VC (w/ Auteur Hybrid pads) exclusively tonight, instead of swapping it into sessions with the Bokeh and E3. Currently listening to the first Vampire Weekend LP and, damnit, this sounds just amazing! Plain fun and super engaging! Kinda soft and analog in the best of ways.

Been doing some amp and cable swaps this session, going between the HP8 and V590² Pro and a couple of cables (mad at myself for letting go of the FAW Noir Hybrid), with the Stock XLR into the V590² being my favorite. Total snapshot / moment in time, but not looking for anything else right now… 😵

Apr 17, 2024 at 12:41 AM Post #12,425 of 12,492
Been using the VC (w/ Auteur Hybrid pads) exclusively tonight, instead of swapping it into sessions with the Bokeh and E3. Currently listening to the first Vampire Weekend LP and, damnit, this sounds just amazing! Plain fun and super engaging! Kinda soft and analog in the best of ways.

Been doing some amp and cable swaps this session, going between the HP8 and V590² Pro and a couple of cables (mad at myself for letting go of the FAW Noir Hybrid), with the Stock XLR into the V590² being my favorite. Total snapshot / moment in time, but not looking for anything else right now… 😵
appreciate if you can share your impression of VC vs E3?

Apr 17, 2024 at 2:07 AM Post #12,426 of 12,492

20240407_021008.jpg
New Queen of the Tower

What headpad is that?

Apr 17, 2024 at 2:51 AM Post #12,427 of 12,492
Apr 17, 2024 at 6:41 AM Post #12,428 of 12,492

Heck yeah!

When the stars align with your gear/preferences and the VC's, it really can't get any better.

Apr 17, 2024 at 3:03 PM Post #12,429 of 12,492
I also own the E3 and the VC's using both the Noir MK2 cable from FAW, I would say the E3 is technically a step ahead, more recent, better precision, details, dynamics, separation, staging, but much harder to drive and may occur some fatigue after over 2 hours of listening and if the track has been badly mastered or recorded, then it is very very hard to listen to it with the E3.

Apr 20, 2024 at 3:04 AM Post #12,430 of 12,492
Apr 20, 2024 at 5:23 AM Post #12,431 of 12,492
Apr 20, 2024 at 6:11 AM Post #12,432 of 12,492
Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 6:15 AM Post #12,433 of 12,492
Nice review. Although I could’ve sworn I read somewhere that the VC does use the ADS (or at least a form of it before it news formally called that)…
Thank you. I don't know that. I don't believe the VC uses ADS. I believe the first headphone to get that system was the Atrium Open, the Atrium Closed, The Auteur Classic, and then the Caldera. I don't know about Bokeh, but would assume it does.

Apr 20, 2024 at 6:26 AM Post #12,434 of 12,492
Thank you. I don't know that. I don't believe the VC uses ADS. I believe the first headphone to get that system was the Atrium Open, the Atrium Closed, The Auteur Classic, and then the Caldera. I don't know about Bokeh, but would assume it does.
Bokeh too :wink:

Apr 20, 2024 at 11:01 AM Post #12,435 of 12,492
Nice review. Although I could’ve sworn I read somewhere that the VC does use the ADS (or at least a form of it before it news formally called that)…
I believe @zach915m had mentioned that the Verite series does have some elements of the ADS, or some tuning similarities that helped inspire the ADS. Damned if I can find the post though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back