ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Apr 20, 2024 at 11:22 AM Post #12,436 of 12,510
I believe @zach915m had mentioned that the Verite series does have some elements of the ADS, or some tuning similarities that helped inspire the ADS. Damned if I can find the post though.
I remember hearing about it in a YouTube video, but can't remember which one. . .I think it might have been one of Tyler's interviews. . .?

Apr 20, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #12,437 of 12,510
I believe @zach915m had mentioned that the Verite series does have some elements of the ADS, or some tuning similarities that helped inspire the ADS. Damned if I can find the post though.
This is correct

Apr 20, 2024 at 2:22 PM Post #12,438 of 12,510
If so, I will change my review to ensure it is accurate. Thank you!

Apr 20, 2024 at 2:23 PM Post #12,439 of 12,510
Apr 20, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #12,440 of 12,510
What are the similar elements and I will correct?
I'm not sure specifically which aspects, as he did not elaborate with me.

Zach has mentioned it several times whenever various members, myself included, asked if the Verites would be reworked to include the ADS.

Apr 20, 2024 at 2:57 PM Post #12,441 of 12,510

Zach has mentioned it several times whenever various members, myself included, asked if the Verites would be reworked to include the ADS.
And? He told me he wouldn’t re-work it. But that was a long time ago. I want to make sure I accurately express the ADS or how he uses parts in the Verite.

I apologize to all if I didn’t accurately portray how the VCs dampening affects the headphone.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #12,442 of 12,510
I reached out to Zach. If I mis-represented the VC and how it is dampened I will fix my review. I want it to be accurate.

I was under the impression he hasn’t changed the VC and had no plans to. But, it doesn’t really matter. I just want to give an accurate depiction. I will fix once I get the info needed.

Apr 20, 2024 at 5:00 PM Post #12,443 of 12,510

I will make any changes necessary once Zach tells me that what I have written is wrong. Until then I will leave as is. I distinctly remember speaking with him about the ADS and Verite, so unless he changed his thinking I will leave as is until I hear otherwise.

I do appreciate all those who are trying to correct my review to be more accurate. I am always amenable to changing something that isn't correct.

Apr 20, 2024 at 9:53 PM Post #12,445 of 12,510
Hey no worries Geoff, I wasn't correcting you just passing along the information as I remember. Hopefully Zach will chime in when he can.

I'm just glad there's another quality review out there for people to read.
Thanks. I am fairly certain my review is accurate. Zach did reply to me that my review was super thorough, so hopefully all good.

Apr 21, 2024 at 12:23 AM Post #12,446 of 12,510
Oh sorry about the confusion. I read the review and the info is correct, VC doesn't have ADS, even though there are minor elemtns, but the main defining element of ADS is damping material that is suspending a distance from the driver as well as a distance from the back volume, the verite closed doesn't have this.

There are other elements that are part of ADS that are a subtle part of the patent, but not the defining characteristic.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Apr 21, 2024 at 12:35 AM Post #12,447 of 12,510
Oh sorry about the confusion. I read the review and the info is correct, VC doesn't have ADS, even though there are minor elemtns, but the main defining element of ADS is damping material that is suspending a distance from the driver as well as a distance from the back volume, the verite closed doesn't have this.

There are other elements that are part of ADS that are a subtle part of the patent, but not the defining characteristic.
Thanks Zach. My review stands as is…

Hope you all enjoy it.

Apr 21, 2024 at 7:16 AM Post #12,448 of 12,510
Thanks Zach. My review stands as is…

Hope you all enjoy it.

I enjoyed reading your review of the AC, couldn't have said it better. Your comparisons with VC is pretty much how I remember them when I had them both on loan at the same time. Both are different on so many levels, but unmistakably ZMF.

Apr 21, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #12,449 of 12,510
I enjoyed reading your review of the AC, couldn't have said it better. Your comparisons with VC is pretty much how I remember them when I had them both on loan at the same time. Both are different on so many levels, but unmistakably ZMF.
Thank you for the kind words. Much obliged...

Apr 22, 2024 at 7:13 PM Post #12,450 of 12,510
Rotating cans and its back to my ZMF Walnut Burl Verite Closed backs..
Coming off of HE1000Se's...really light saber bright...
Verites closed are warm and musical...what a delight.

Pairing here is a new Tungsol 2C51 in a Schiit Vali 2+.
Tried in Vali 3, with higher (100 volt) plate voltage.
Sounds better with the Vali 2+ with lower voltage...

Driving with Schiit Modius E (ESS dac chip).
Wonderful pairing...

Alex

Great listen...try "Big Fat Hen"...
1713829502520.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back