ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Mar 24, 2024 at 9:33 AM Post #12,391 of 12,469
Woo WA3 with Western Electric 396A / 2C51 tubes is another otherworldly driver of Verite Closed !!
IMG_7594.jpeg
Jonathan, I’m still not used to seeing your stack with the Taurus where the Mojo used to be!

Mar 30, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #12,392 of 12,469
I'm hoping to get some advice from those of you who have tried different pads on the VCs. I've read the excellent reviews from @heliosphann and other comments on this thread and am torn between the Auteur Hybrids and Universe Lambskin pads. I have the Auteur Lambskins right now, and while I like them, they sounds slightly veiled/muffled to me and a little bloated in the bass/low mids, compared to my other headphones, including my AOs. I'm looking for pads with a bit more incisiveness that don't (drastically) take away the richness/warmth of the Auteur Lambskins. Any advice from those who have tried these pads?

Mar 30, 2024 at 5:23 PM Post #12,393 of 12,469
I'm hoping to get some advice from those of you who have tried different pads on the VCs. I've read the excellent reviews from @heliosphann and other comments on this thread and am torn between the Auteur Hybrids and Universe Lambskin pads. I have the Auteur Lambskins right now, and while I like them, they sounds slightly veiled/muffled to me and a little bloated in the bass/low mids, compared to my other headphones, including my AOs. I'm looking for pads with a bit more incisiveness that don't (drastically) take away the richness/warmth of the Auteur Lambskins. Any advice from those who have tried these pads?
Auteur Hybrids all the way. Solid bass response, very good holographics, treble tamed. I rock them on my VC blackwoods and for me, they saved the day and have not been taken off since. YMMV…

Mar 30, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #12,394 of 12,469
I’ve tried Auteur Lambskin, Universe Lambskin, and Auteur Suede so far.

Auteur Suede gives the smoothest response but there is a very noticeable reduction in bass.

Universe Lambskin seems to have the best bass response, but emphasizes the midrange dip.

Auteur Lambskin has a little less bass than Universe Lambskin, but brings the upper mids up a smidge so they feel more present.

I haven’t tried hybrids yet, but I may give Auteur and Universe hybrids a shot.

Mar 30, 2024 at 5:57 PM Post #12,395 of 12,469
Might try the Universe Suede. I always find myself going back to those out of the seven or eight different sets of pads that I have. The most revealing out of the bunch IMO. Very neutral and clear - of course as always, YMMV.

Mar 30, 2024 at 6:00 PM Post #12,396 of 12,469
I'll have the Caldera Ultra Perf Suede pads in a few days, so I'll be updating my VO pad review in the next week or so.

Mar 30, 2024 at 7:43 PM Post #12,397 of 12,469
Eikon suede are excellent. I imagine Universe suede are similar to them.

Mar 31, 2024 at 3:39 AM Post #12,398 of 12,469
Woo WA3 with Western Electric 396A / 2C51 tubes is another otherworldly driver of Verite Closed !!
IMG_7594.jpeg
Where has your Mojo gone?! Or you are rotating DACs now also?

Mar 31, 2024 at 9:08 AM Post #12,399 of 12,469
I'll have the Caldera Ultra Perf Suede pads in a few days, so I'll be updating my VO pad review in the next week or so.
I get mu ultra perf caldera suedes tomorrow so i m really eager to try it out on my VO and compare my impressions with you. As for the VC, I never swayed away from the trusted auteur hybrid perf pads.

Mar 31, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #12,400 of 12,469
I get mu ultra perf caldera suedes tomorrow so i m really eager to try it out on my VO and compare my impressions with you. As for the VC, I never swayed away from the trusted auteur hybrid perf pads.
I finally got a VC again and will be revisiting/redoing my pad write up.

The Auteur Hybrid's are still really good. We'll see if they remain my favorite...

Mar 31, 2024 at 9:23 PM Post #12,401 of 12,469
Mar 31, 2024 at 9:38 PM Post #12,402 of 12,469
In post #12,376 I said that with the right headphone amplifier, Verite Closed sounds divine and hardly like a closed-back. Here is one of those headphone amplifiers:
IMG_7671.jpeg
Donald North Audio Sonett2 - tubes are NOS Mullard GZ34 (seven ridge plates), pair EH 6H30p. The left toggle switch settings are IEC and low. Output impedance at IEC is 120 ohms: perfect for 300-ohm dynamic-driver ZMFs 🤪☺️ !!

Apr 1, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #12,405 of 12,469

Users who are viewing this thread

Back