ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Feb 4, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #11,476 of 12,524
I own the VC since over 3 years now, impossible since then to find a better closed back, this unique and great 3D surround balanced and detailed sound is absolutely addictive, my request might be a bit ridiculous, but I try, in case someone could help me.
Is there anyone who could find a closed back headphone less bulky, lighter, more on the go friendly which I could use in the office, but being the closest possible in sound as the VC.

Feb 4, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #11,477 of 12,524
I own the VC since over 3 years now, impossible since then to find a better closed back, this unique and great 3D surround balanced and detailed sound is absolutely addictive, my request might be a bit ridiculous, but I try, in case someone could help me.
Is there anyone who could find a closed back headphone less bulky, lighter, more on the go friendly which I could use in the office, but being the closest possible in sound as the VC.
:gs1000smile: We all are looking for it
Sony Z1R is very comfortable but has messed up FR. Meze Liric looks great as portable closed back. I have no idea how it sounds though.
However nothing beats a good DAP and a good Eq’d IEM for on the go music

Feb 4, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #11,479 of 12,524
However nothing beats a good DAP and a good Eq’d IEM for on the go music
This.
If you want HiFi on the go, I'd be checking out IEMs.
It's always a game of compromise, and, in the VC's case that's it's size (and weight).

If you just want something for use in an office setting, the Meze Liric or Focal (Radiance or Stellia) could be a great option, too.
I'd be annoyed with having to lug them around in a carrying case everyday because they're too expensive to bang up (for my blood.)

As an audiophile, I'm also quite okay with subpar fidelity when being out in public. I view it as a compromise to begin with, therefore why even bother. I use Sony noise-cancelling cans when I'm out and about. Bluetooth, even. 🙀😁

Feb 4, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #11,480 of 12,524
You might consider waiting for the new sub-$1K ZMF headphone that apparently is essentially finished. I would imagine that would be the closest to the VC of any portable closed back out there, though that is just semi-educated speculation on my part.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #11,482 of 12,524
Anyone able to recommend a all-in-one that has good synergy with the VC?

Let's say reasonably budget friendly. $1000 USD or so.
I really like the xDuoo TA-30 tube rolled with a Sylvania 5931 in the rectifier for example.

Feb 8, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #11,483 of 12,524
After saving up every cent i could they are finalliy here :gs1000smile:

PXL_20230208_153654116.jpg

Feb 8, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #11,484 of 12,524
After saving up every cent i could they are finalliy here :gs1000smile:

Don't be afraid to op-roll that Burson. I've made very enjoyable changes to my ZMF VC sonic profile by doing so (as you can see in my signature below). There are Burson forums on Head-Fi with lots of details and comments. Enjoy!

Feb 8, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #11,485 of 12,524
Feb 8, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #11,486 of 12,524
Don't be afraid to op-roll that Burson. I've made very enjoyable changes to my ZMF VC sonic profile by doing so (as you can see in my signature below). There are Burson forums on Head-Fi with lots of details and comments. Enjoy!

Good to know will look into it thanks im using the V6 Vivid at the moment .

Feb 8, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #11,487 of 12,524
Good to know will look into it thanks im using the V6 Vivid at the moment .
I didn't really enjoy the V6 vivid as much with my VC.

I'd definitely take a look at Sparkos discrete opamps if you're looking around for options. If the SS3602 fits into that location, I've found that to pair up very nicely with my ZMFs. Analog and detailed, sounds like a very clean and neutral tube amp in my WHAMMY amp.

Feb 8, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #11,488 of 12,524
I'll be looking into this too - thanks!
p.s. are you named after the Main Attrakionz song?

Feb 8, 2023 at 11:46 AM Post #11,489 of 12,524
Last edited:
Feb 8, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #11,490 of 12,524
I didn't really enjoy the V6 vivid as much with my VC.

I'd definitely take a look at Sparkos discrete opamps if you're looking around for options. If the SS3602 fits into that location, I've found that to pair up very nicely with my ZMFs. Analog and detailed, sounds like a very clean and neutral tube amp in my WHAMMY amp
If i understand this correctly i need two SS3602 . is that right ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back