ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 1, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #10,847 of 12,549
Just received some new Auteur Lamb Solid pads. Lovely fit lovely sound. Think I just prefer Lamb pads to Suede..

20220901_110543.jpg

Sep 1, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #10,848 of 12,549
Just received some new Auteur Lamb Solid pads. Lovely fit lovely sound. Think I just prefer Lamb pads to Suede..

20220901_110543.jpg
Just curious but how long do you listen before you decide whether you like or dislike a pad?

Sep 1, 2022 at 7:35 PM Post #10,849 of 12,549
Just curious but how long do you listen before you decide whether you like or dislike a pad?
If it comes down to fit or comfort (spectacles wearer here), it's pretty quick to be honest. But when fit and comfort are equal for me and it is down to sound, it takes a bit longer. Often I will play EDM mix of the week and a few specific non-EDM tracks over a handful of separate listening sessions over 2-3 weeks before I decide to finally sell a pad that I will not use anymore.

This case was, for the moment, kind of easy for me as I only have an Eikon Suede Solid, Eikon Lamb Solid, and a Verite Be2 Solid, on hand at the moment. I prefer Lamb to suede for feel and comfort I have come to decide and love the slant the Eikon delivers (have Eikon Lamb Solid on my Eikon). Auteur Lamb is perfect for the VC for me.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2022 at 12:54 AM Post #10,850 of 12,549
With the VC there was no ambiguity. 5 seconds max before I decided the solid auteur pads weren’t for me (sorry folks who like them- they just don’t work for me). I’ve tried them several times just to make sure. I liked the Universe pads right away.

That said, on the Auteur it’s more like different flavors of fudge. All good.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2022 at 1:10 AM Post #10,851 of 12,549
I have
With the VC there was no ambiguity. 5 seconds max before I decided the solid auteur pads weren’t for me (sorry folks who like them- they just don’t work for me). I’ve tried them several times just to make sure. I liked the Universe pads right away.

That said, on the Auteur it’s more like different flavors of fudge. All good.
I have had pads where I initially thought I didn't like and then months later I ended up loving them. It's really strange how that has happened with me. I didn't listen for long and gave up. I'm definitely glad I went back to them.

Sep 2, 2022 at 8:30 PM Post #10,852 of 12,549
Last edited:
Sep 4, 2022 at 11:57 PM Post #10,853 of 12,549
Which other pad apart from default Auteur Lambskin solid should I try? I like the head stage with Auteur lambskin and would like a earpad that can compliment it.

Sep 5, 2022 at 12:53 AM Post #10,854 of 12,549
Which other pad apart from default Auteur Lambskin solid should I try? I like the head stage with Auteur lambskin and would like a earpad that can compliment it.
auteur hybrid and universe suede

Sep 5, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #10,855 of 12,549
I've had my VC for 3 days now (I have Auteur suede, Universe Hybrid, Eikon suede, Verite BE2) and Im starting to favor the Eikons the most. I'd say 2nd is the Universe hybrids. I like the sound of the Verite pads but they are shallower and my big ears touch on the inside which can get annoying. The problem I'm having is all the pads sound excellent in different ways, so it's hard to just stick with one pair. I'm considering buying Eikon lambskin perf and the Auteur lambskin to try for fun.

The VC's have completely blown my expectations out of the water in every aspect. SO glad I took the plunge and ordered them after returning my Stellias. Now I'm planning on Atriums or Auteur Classics to try ZMF's open backs in the future.

Sep 5, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #10,856 of 12,549
I've had my VC for 3 days now (I have Auteur suede, Universe Hybrid, Eikon suede, Verite BE2) and Im starting to favor the Eikons the most. I'd say 2nd is the Universe hybrids. I like the sound of the Verite pads but they are shallower and my big ears touch on the inside which can get annoying. The problem I'm having is all the pads sound excellent in different ways, so it's hard to just stick with one pair. I'm considering buying Eikon lambskin perf and the Auteur lambskin to try for fun.

The VC's have completely blown my expectations out of the water in every aspect. SO glad I took the plunge and ordered them after returning my Stellias. Now I'm planning on Atriums or Auteur Classics to try ZMF's open backs in the future.
I would try the Autuer Hybrid and Autuer Lambskin. They are both great pads. My top 3 are those 2 and universe lambskin

Sep 5, 2022 at 8:10 PM Post #10,857 of 12,549
auteur hybrid and universe suede
Second for Universe suede. I look for clarity and transparency and the Universe suede delivers.

Sep 5, 2022 at 9:09 PM Post #10,859 of 12,549
I would try the Autuer Hybrid and Autuer Lambskin. They are both great pads. My top 3 are those 2 and universe lambskin
Do you have any experience with their perforated pads? I emailed them asking if I could change 1 of the pads to a perforated version right after I ordered and they recommended not using perforated with their closed backs. They obviously know what they're talking about. But I'm still curious what they sound like on the VC. Definitely going to try the Auteur lambskin, maybe the Eikon perforated as well.

Sep 5, 2022 at 10:06 PM Post #10,860 of 12,549
Do you have any experience with their perforated pads? I emailed them asking if I could change 1 of the pads to a perforated version right after I ordered and they recommended not using perforated with their closed backs. They obviously know what they're talking about. But I'm still curious what they sound like on the VC. Definitely going to try the Auteur lambskin, maybe the Eikon perforated as well.
I believe the closed backs only use solid pads, and open backs only perforated pads...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back