ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Jul 25, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #10,667 of 12,529
I picked up a Cayin iHA-6 on Zach's recommendation and I'm really enjoying it a lot with the VC. It's actually my favorite solid state amp I've tried the VCs on, including singxer SA1 and GS-X mini at a fraction of the cost of the GS-X.
It might have been you I said this to, but I wasn't expecting to sell them and bought on just for fun. It's a shockingly good amp and yeah I don't think there's another solid state anywhere near 1K that sounds as good as it!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jul 25, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #10,668 of 12,529
It might have been you I said this to, but I wasn't expecting to sell them and bought on just for fun. It's a shockingly good amp and yeah I don't think there's another solid state anywhere near 1K that sounds as good as it!
Looking forward for that JDS Labs. Will it be amp only or DAC/amp like the element ?

Jul 25, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #10,670 of 12,529
I’m running my VC out of the amp on an RME ADI-2 DAC fs. I’m curious if adding this Cayin into the chain will change things for the better. The VC has plenty of headroom with the RME but I wonder if there would be an improvement in the sound. Thanks!

Jul 25, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #10,671 of 12,529
I’m running my VC out of the amp on an RME ADI-2 DAC fs. I’m curious if adding this Cayin into the chain will change things for the better. The VC has plenty of headroom with the RME but I wonder if there would be an improvement in the sound. Thanks!
I've tried the built in amp on the RME with my VCs and while it drives them loud enough (so does my macbook), It's nothing special. ZMFs really benefit from a higher output impedance and I think that's one of the things the iHA-6 has going for it (it also has a super low OI on the balanced out for headphones that prefer that, it's so versatile). I think the VCs sound totally fine off the RME, and if you don't have a good tube amp I'd recommend picking one up first if you're interested in that, but this amp is the closest I've heard a solid state amp get to the sound of a tube amp at this price

Jul 26, 2022 at 3:30 AM Post #10,674 of 12,529
Just curious . As a for instance , you and a friend can listen to the same song at the same time with two different headphones
Yeah, you could do this with little no concerns to the amp itself.

What two pairs of cans were you thinking of connecting? You'll want to keep in mind that one of the 1/4" TRS outputs is for higher impedance headphones while the other is for low impedance.

I'm also not sure if the balanced and unbalanced run simultaneously.

You could always just grab a Y-splitter adapter and use just about any solid amp to the same effect as well. At the end of the day, you're decreasing the impedance load the amp sees, and tapping into the same total power capacity as well, whether it's the Cayin or your existing amp. The Cayin has plenty of juice for driving two headphones at listening levels.

Jul 26, 2022 at 3:46 AM Post #10,675 of 12,529
Yeah, you could do this with little no concerns to the amp itself.

What two pairs of cans were you thinking of connecting? You'll want to keep in mind that one of the 1/4" TRS outputs is for higher impedance headphones while the other is for low impedance.

I'm also not sure if the balanced and unbalanced run simultaneously.

You could always just grab a Y-splitter adapter and use just about any solid amp to the same effect as well. At the end of the day, you're decreasing the impedance load the amp sees, and tapping into the same total power capacity as well, whether it's the Cayin or your existing amp. The Cayin has plenty of juice for driving two headphones at listening levels.
Thanks buddy.

As per headphone pairings, "worse" case would be a ZMF VC & Atrium. "Best" case is ZMF VC/Atium & Focal Radiance. The missus once to partake in my new obsession to hear where all our money is suddenly going! :sweat_smile:

Jul 26, 2022 at 4:43 AM Post #10,676 of 12,529
I own the Cayin iHA-6 , Feliks Euphoria OTL amp and several ZMF headphones.

Your Zmf headphones will sound better out of the Cayin iHA-6 because of its higher output impedance sockets. It will remove the hardness of the driver dampening. It's definitely better syngergy than the RME DAC/amp.

Still the Euphoria OTL is a step up in timbre, staging and decay of the zmf driver. The Cayin is good but lacks the magic of OTL for ZMF headphones.

Jul 26, 2022 at 4:46 AM Post #10,677 of 12,529
With Amp
20220724_063456.jpg

Without AMP...
20220724_203927.jpg

Still my daily driver...

Jul 26, 2022 at 4:55 AM Post #10,678 of 12,529
I own the Cayin iHA-6 , Feliks Euphoria OTL amp and several ZMF headphones.

Your Zmf headphones will sound better out of the Cayin iHA-6 because of its higher output impedance sockets. It will remove the hardness of the driver dampening. It's definitely better syngergy than the RME DAC/amp.

Still the Euphoria OTL is a step up in timbre, staging and decay of the zmf driver. The Cayin is good but lacks the magic of OTL for ZMF headphones.
I'm looking at a similar setup, but starting off with a Feliks Auido Echo 2 as I dont have that Euphoria money!

Jul 26, 2022 at 7:48 AM Post #10,679 of 12,529
The VC and Americana night

Bendix 6080wb+NU 6j5
GL KT77+ USAF 596

20220723_210550.jpg

I saw Blackberry Smoke last year and it was a real fun time....Charlie Starr is a great frontman!

Jul 26, 2022 at 8:32 AM Post #10,680 of 12,529

Users who are viewing this thread

Back