ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Jul 26, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #10,681 of 12,524
I own the Cayin iHA-6 , Feliks Euphoria OTL amp and several ZMF headphones.

Your Zmf headphones will sound better out of the Cayin iHA-6 because of its higher output impedance sockets. It will remove the hardness of the driver dampening. It's definitely better syngergy than the RME DAC/amp.

Still the Euphoria OTL is a step up in timbre, staging and decay of the zmf driver. The Cayin is good but lacks the magic of OTL for ZMF headphones.
I actually connect my wa2 as a preamp to the iha-6 for my best result out of the iha-6 balanced output . This yields best result compared to just wa2 (OTL) or just iha-6. Got best of both worlds.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #10,682 of 12,524
Jul 26, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #10,683 of 12,524
zSgv3P5.jpg

Now I don't even want to work anymore...

Jul 26, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #10,684 of 12,524
Jul 26, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #10,685 of 12,524
Jul 26, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #10,687 of 12,524
Thanks buddy.

As per headphone pairings, "worse" case would be a ZMF VC & Atrium. "Best" case is ZMF VC/Atium & Focal Radiance. The missus once to partake in my new obsession to hear where all our money is suddenly going! :sweat_smile:
You could try the Cayin with the Focal Radiance on the low impedance output, and ZMFs from the high impedance. I suspect the Radiance will appear to be slightly louder than the ZMFs, especially the Atrium.

I've also shared listening sessions with my wife from my OTL BH Crackatwoa. But, that was always two 300 Ohm cans (ZMF | Senn). This isn't quite ideal as you're dropping impedance, and most OTLs have an output impedance of around 100 Ohms IIRC. But, it still sounded amazing. My Neurochrome HP-1 handles two headphones with no problem at all, but that thing is over-engineered :wink:

I say grab a Y-splitter and see what you think. Some amp pairings will perform better than others.

Jul 28, 2022 at 12:03 AM Post #10,689 of 12,524
The VC's are literally the most addicting headphones I've ever used. Like, by far. No matter how "wow'd" I am by a new headphone entering the stable, I can always go back to the VC on my Euforia and just be absolutely enthralled. The elements that make up this headphone just can't be matched by any other headphone I've ever heard. I love my Susvara. It's amazing, the best technical performer I've ever heard. When I put on the VC, though, I just feel the music more.

They are the perfect pairing. One ultra performer with the best neutrality you could ask for and another one that just keeps a smile on your face the entire time you listen to it. Not even the Susvara has made the VC feel "redundant" or unnecessary in the small but mighty line up. I could honestly have either of these headphones as a "one headphone for everything" type scenario and they'd both satisfy that requirement to perfection.

Jul 28, 2022 at 12:30 AM Post #10,690 of 12,524
@SlothRock nailed it. :)

I can't help but wonder how an Atrium Closed will complement the VC. But, on the whole, I'm pretty smitten with my Blackwood VC's. I use my 800S mostly for gaming, and enjoying some instrumentals. But the VC gets the majority of head time.

I'm chillin in bed with them at this second.
VC + OTL = basically sex.

It's basically the Goldilocks cans for me, and I honestly haven't been bothered by gear acquisition syndrome for awhile now.
Except for when Zach does his magic... $_$

Jul 28, 2022 at 2:40 AM Post #10,691 of 12,524
The VC's are literally the most addicting headphones I've ever used.
The VC is like a VO but with low-end on steroids. There is some 3D staging capabilities especially with the universe lambskin pads, that's very unique. Maybe that is amplified by my tube OTL amp.
Still the VC always give me the feeling of being closed in even it sounds so "wide" for a closed back.
Yesterday I did listen to the VC for the most part but at the end I switched to the VO and it clearly opened up the music.
As much as I love my ZMF closed backs, sadly I always come back to listen to my open back ZMFs. 🥲🎧

Jul 28, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #10,695 of 12,524
The VC's are literally the most addicting headphones I've ever used. Like, by far. No matter how "wow'd" I am by a new headphone entering the stable, I can always go back to the VC on my Euforia and just be absolutely enthralled. The elements that make up this headphone just can't be matched by any other headphone I've ever heard. I love my Susvara. It's amazing, the best technical performer I've ever heard. When I put on the VC, though, I just feel the music more.

They are the perfect pairing. One ultra performer with the best neutrality you could ask for and another one that just keeps a smile on your face the entire time you listen to it. Not even the Susvara has made the VC feel "redundant" or unnecessary in the small but mighty line up. I could honestly have either of these headphones as a "one headphone for everything" type scenario and they'd both satisfy that requirement to perfection.
That right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back