ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Dec 31, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #8,972 of 12,529
Dec 31, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #8,974 of 12,529
Well I joined the family. Just bought a VC in Sapele. Less than 5 hours on it and so I get to break it in. It also came with WyWires Platinum cable but I'll see if they will re-terminate it as I need 4 pin XLR.

I'm looking forward to hearing it.
Congrats! Let us know what you think after they break in a bit.
Also -- that was like really fast! Lol

Jan 1, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #8,976 of 12,529
Well I joined the family. Just bought a VC in Sapele. Less than 5 hours on it and so I get to break it in. It also came with WyWires Platinum cable but I'll see if they will re-terminate it as I need 4 pin XLR.

The stabilize VC would produce fuller body sound, more tactile impact/bite with bigger soundstage image compare to your Sapele. For me Sapele produce the smoothest (most polite) bite/impact compare to any VCs I ever heard.

P.s: I know what Zach said about sound with different type of woods, I just express my experience after tried multiple VCs with different woods.

Jan 1, 2022 at 9:50 AM Post #8,977 of 12,529
The stabilize VC would produce fuller body sound, more tactile impact/bite with bigger soundstage image compare to your Sapele. For me Sapele produce the smoothest (most polite) bite/impact compare to any VCs I ever heard.

P.s: I know what Zach said about sound with different type of woods, I just express my experience after tried multiple VCs with different woods.

Well everybody hears what they hear. I’ve had people tell me that there’s not much difference in sound.

I’ve never even heard a ZMF headphone at all. . However regardless of the wood, stabilized or not stabilized, I bet my life that after hearing the ones that I’m buying, it will let me know if I like the VC. Any nuances due to a different wood etc., will not change my perception one way or another if I like the headphones. It’s not gonna be where I listen to mine and I don’t like them, but I listen to stabilized and then say, wow this is the best headphones I’ve ever heard in my life!!

Jan 1, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #8,978 of 12,529
Well everybody hears what they hear. I’ve had people tell me that there’s not much difference in sound.

I’ve never even heard a ZMF headphone at all. . However regardless of the wood, stabilized or not stabilized, I bet my life that after hearing the ones that I’m buying, it will let me know if I like the VC. Any nuances due to a different wood etc., will not change my perception one way or another if I like the headphones. It’s not gonna be where I listen to mine and I don’t like them, but I listen to stabilized and then say, wow this is the best headphones I’ve ever heard in my life!!
Sound differences in wood are absolutely minimal if audible. Either you'll like the VC or you won't, but the only thing to note is that it takes time to (1) adjust to the tuning and also (2) figure out which set-up best suits you. Pad rolling affects the tuning on the VC like no other headphone I know. Which is good because you can cater it to your taste. Cable rolling, along with wood variations, is way down the line of tuning mods to make. I would also say, contrary to the sense here, that the VC is quite a picky headphone in terms of amps. That will also involve a bit of experimenting. For me, the amp source is everything.

Jan 1, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #8,981 of 12,529

Another good example here of why the stock woods are never "lesser" ZMFs. Really nice set and the chatoyance of Sapele is something that can't be captured in photos very well.

Jan 1, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #8,983 of 12,529
This whole hobby is infectious. I actually had about three hours of clarity after I sold my 1266 TC and said to myself, I’m out of the hobby and I’ll just use my speakers.
Just when you were out...

Jan 1, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #8,984 of 12,529
Just when you were out...

I’m still 50-50 on being out and staying with speakers. Just listened to the Susvara with stock and a couple different Dekoni pads. Not impressed at all. Maybe the VC will do it for me, but I’d be more surprised if it did, than if it didn’t. I’ve never heard a close back headphone before, and so who knows. For me, the biggest obstacle is that I’m comparing everything to the TC in my mind.

Jan 1, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #8,985 of 12,529
I’m still 50-50 on being out and staying with speakers. Just listened to the Susvara with stock and a couple different Dekoni pads. Not impressed at all. Maybe the VC will do it for me, but I’d be more surprised if it did, than if it didn’t. I’ve never heard a close back headphone before, and so who knows. For me, the biggest obstacle is that I’m comparing everything to the TC in my mind.
The TC effect in full force!

COF

LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back