ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Aug 5, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #7,081 of 12,522
I agree the Olives are gorgeous. However, I'm keeping the LCD-4 because there are times I'll want to hear nice open planar. I do think having the Eikon could be somewhat redundant with the VC and I might offer them up in a sale. The Auteurs offers a different sound signature that I like but I find them sometimes lacking in the bass department though.
It's great to be able to have a good Planar Magnetic to keep company to the VC. I got a Hifiman HE1000se to replace the LCD4, so I get an amazing clarity and pretty good bass from the HeKse so I won't miss the LCD4. I never had an issue with the LCD4's weight but after you are used to them putting on the VC or the HeKse.... it's like having nothing on! Enjoy your VC.

Aug 6, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #7,083 of 12,522
mew VC owner here, and all I can say is wow!
It has a way of bringing instruments to life, and the vocals absolutely pull at your heartstrings.
Is this the zmf magic dust I've been hearing so much about? haha
It's awesome right?
Show them off with some pictures, we always like to see members cans, lol!

Aug 6, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #7,085 of 12,522
It has a way of bringing instruments to life, and the vocals absolutely pull at your heartstrings.
Congrats! Wondering what dac/amp you are using with VC?

Aug 6, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #7,086 of 12,522
Isn't it amazing when the hype turns out to be real? :L3000:

Aug 7, 2021 at 5:46 AM Post #7,087 of 12,522
Posted this in the Auteur Thread, maybe some more luck here.

Hi, does anybody know which type of 6,3 mm jack are used for the stock cable?
I like the vintage look of it and looking for one for a custom made cable.
It looks like a jack for a guitar cable, but I can only find mono jacks, no stereo.
This would be the one I am looking for.
8x8_LlektrikC_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Thx

Aug 7, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #7,088 of 12,522
Aug 7, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #7,089 of 12,522
I agree the Olives are gorgeous. However, I'm keeping the LCD-4 because there are times I'll want to hear nice open planar. I do think having the Eikon could be somewhat redundant with the VC and I might offer them up in a sale. The Auteurs offers a different sound signature that I like but I find them sometimes lacking in the bass department though.
Yeah, your Olives are beautiful! :)

The ZMF VC & LCD-4 compliment each other very well IMO.

Both have great weight to the music and notes are flying all around your head with fantastic timbre.

Aug 7, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #7,090 of 12,522
Posted this in the Auteur Thread, maybe some more luck here.

Hi, does anybody know which type of 6,3 mm jack are used for the stock cable?
I like the vintage look of it and looking for one for a custom made cable.
It looks like a jack for a guitar cable, but I can only find mono jacks, no stereo.
This would be the one I am looking for.
8x8_LlektrikC_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Thx
I don't tknow if it is them exactly, but I have used the Redco HP3C in a few builds which look very similar.

Aug 7, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #7,091 of 12,522
0C679672-4957-4014-9D9F-D6F70A8D9081.jpeg

Finally got mine. Breaking in my piece of art.

Aug 7, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #7,093 of 12,522
0C679672-4957-4014-9D9F-D6F70A8D9081.jpeg
Finally got mine. Breaking in my piece of art.
Lovely! What a nice combination with that stand. Sound as good as they look?

Aug 7, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #7,094 of 12,522
So I've been listening to the vc for about a week now and I'm really liking it for vocal centric music. The guitars and brass instruments are really great on it.

However, when I listen to hard music like prog metal or stone rock, it feels softer than I prefer. I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing that.

my source is just burson 3xp and universal pads using tidal

Aug 8, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #7,095 of 12,522
So I've been listening to the vc for about a week now and I'm really liking it for vocal centric music. The guitars and brass instruments are really great on it.

However, when I listen to hard music like prog metal or stone rock, it feels softer than I prefer. I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing that.

my source is just burson 3xp and universal pads using tidal
I have similar finding - the VC is extremely easy to listen to while retaining the details and resolutions. They are not as 'bitey' which I think sometimes you need the extra attack on certain notes.

With that being said, I still find it potraiting the emotion fairly well. Usually at those area I will tend to lower down the level from other headphones as they tend to be a tad shouty or piercing to my ear, but on VC it just goes up effortlessly.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back