ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Jun 3, 2021 at 6:08 AM Post #6,391 of 12,507
For the people that a small hum or hiss in the back round bothers them to the point that they do not enjoy the music....them maybe a SS amp would work better for you.
NOS tubes that have set on a shelf since the 1940's can take a while to wake up and quiet down. I always clean the pins on new tubes coming in. Sometimes this works and sometimes it just takes many hours for the tube to settle in.

Combine the tubes with a chance of RFI or EMI interference and the chance of some noise from the transformer and cables that are not shielded very well and it can be too much for some people who have OCD to deal with :)
Tubes with higher gain and amps that have higher gain settings can all attribute to some noise as well as the more sensitive headphones that you use.

People who like the tube sound have dealt with some sort of noise forever. If it does not effect your listening pleasure, then most just ignore it and enjoy the music.

If for some reason you can not ignore it, then maybe a SS amp will ease your mind.
If you are still bothered by a small noise, then maybe a true balanced dual mono block type amp like the GS-X mk2 would be best...the noise floor is quite astounding if one is just looking for the blackest back round possible.
There are also tube amps designed with a separate chassis for the power supply if this is what you seek.

There are always options to enjoy your ZMF headphones....some just cost more than others.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #6,392 of 12,507
For the people that a small hum or hiss in the back round bothers them to the point that they do not enjoy the music....them maybe a SS amp would work better for you.
NOS tubes that have set on a shelf since the 1940's can take a while to wake up and quiet down. I always clean the pins on new tubes coming in. Sometimes this works and sometimes it just takes many hours for the tube to settle in.

Combine the tubes with a chance of RFI or EMI interference and the chance of some noise from the transformer and cables that are not shielded very well and it can be too much for some people who have OCD to deal with :)
Tubes with higher gain and amps that have higher gain settings can all attribute to some noise as well as the more sensitive headphones that you use.

People who like the tube sound have dealt with some sort of noise forever. If it does not effect your listening pleasure, then most just ignore it and enjoy the music.

If for some reason you can not ignore it, then maybe a SS amp will ease your mind.
If you are still bothered by a small noise, then maybe a true balanced dual mono block type amp like the GS-X mk2 would be best...the noise floor is quite astounding if one is just looking for the blackest back round possible.
There are also tube amps designed with a separate chassis for the power supply if this is what you seek.

There are always options to enjoy your ZMF headphones....some just cost more than others.
Well said buddy!

Jun 4, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #6,400 of 12,507
I was trying to get the Charon, but obviously that went before I could get it lol
I think you got the better looking one but both look great. Did you already receive it? Good luck trying to sell it I tried to do the same for an ltd order in the classifies but it was removed due to reports. Luckily found someone in this thread to take them.

Jun 4, 2021 at 1:30 AM Post #6,401 of 12,507
I think you got the better looking one but both look great. Did you already receive it? Good luck trying to sell it I tried to do the same for an ltd order in the classifies but it was removed due to reports. Luckily found someone in this thread to take them.
Negative, I got with @zach915m immediately and he said they can just transfer ownership and send it to them. What do you mean reports? Not sure on what the issue would be.

Jun 4, 2021 at 1:36 AM Post #6,402 of 12,507
Negative, I got with @zach915m immediately and he said they can just transfer ownership and send it to them. What do you mean reports? Not sure on what the issue would be.
The item has to be in your possession to list it in the classifieds, that's why people were probably reporting the listing. Many have done this without issue, and Zach is as trustworthy as they come, so not sure why it's such a big deal. I haven't heard of anyone getting ripped off this way, especially since Zach has the unit, and will confirm the transfer with the new owner.

Jun 4, 2021 at 1:37 AM Post #6,403 of 12,507
That’s not the problem. The problem is finding a buy / sell place that will let you sell an item you don’t have in your possession. People reported my sale in 2 different communities and they were removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back