ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
May 29, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #6,361 of 12,488
Has anyone tried using their VC with a Denafrips DAC (like the Ares or Pontus) or a Schiit Gungnir Multibit? Also curious if anyone tried the Musician Pegasus. Looking to upgrade my DAC soon and was curious about the R2R/Multibit trend

May 29, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #6,362 of 12,488
Just got these beautes today thanks to @Junglebook3

Have only quickly listened to 2 tracks but so far, so very, very good :) Proper listening session incoming tonight! 🥃

DSC_3189x.jpg
DSC_3177edit.jpg

Last edited:
May 30, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #6,366 of 12,488
Has anyone tried using their VC with a Denafrips DAC (like the Ares or Pontus) or a Schiit Gungnir Multibit? Also curious if anyone tried the Musician Pegasus. Looking to upgrade my DAC soon and was curious about the R2R/Multibit trend
It is high 3k on Zach's wood chart. Love it on my Auteurs. But I am quite happy with Leopardwood on my VC's. High 2K!

Happy listening,

jgwtriode.
I can concur about the leopardwood being an excellent choice and kind of middle of the road hardness being 2-2200 on the janka scale I believe. Has some nice fast transients but also a touch of the reverb goodness adding to the 3D holographic qualities.

May 30, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #6,367 of 12,488
I can concur about the leopardwood being an excellent choice and kind of middle of the road hardness being 2-2200 on the janka scale I believe. Has some nice fast transients but also a touch of the reverb goodness adding to the 3D holographic qualities.
Indeed the VC in leopardwood has both those qualities in spades. Much better than the Auteur in both regards!

May 31, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #6,370 of 12,488
No not currently. Unfortunately. I wood have taken Ironwood based on the hardness, if it was available. But I like the looks of leopardwood and Zach had B stock!
Nice one! :)

May 31, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #6,371 of 12,488
Just got these beautes today thanks to @Junglebook3

Have only quickly listened to 2 tracks but so far, so very, very good :) Proper listening session incoming tonight! 🥃

DSC_3189x.jpg
DSC_3177edit.jpg
Wow, this is some great photography as well as the beautiful headphones.

Jun 1, 2021 at 4:11 AM Post #6,375 of 12,488
How did you like it? Did you mainly use it for listening to music only? Or have you tried it for other uses as well like gaming? Curious to the versatility since I heard Denafrips DACs do have some latency issues...
I use PC like source my music..and of course movies..YouTube etc play by Pontus. I don't play games only chess.
So far I like Pontus very much. I have like amp Shitt magni, but I wait for Feliks Echo.And I hope there will be synergy and this will be probably my end game.For Pontus I made good power cable(YARBO SP-1100PW). And for VC I use WyWires Platinum. And I planning use some network streamer. And that's all. I am very satisfies and looking forward for Echo.,🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back