ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Jun 1, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #6,376 of 12,488
Hi guys, I just ordered a VC LTD Olive couple days ago, today order status changed to Wood Selection and Machining. Can any of you please share your order timeline with me? Such as how long each stage took and how long in total it took from you placed the order to shipped? Can't wait to listen to them, thanks!

Jun 1, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #6,377 of 12,488
Hi guys, I just ordered a VC LTD Olive couple days ago, today order status changed to Wood Selection and Machining. Can any of you please share your order timeline with me? Such as how long each stage took and how long in total it took from you placed the order to shipped? Can't wait to listen to them, thanks!
I am not sure of the timing of each stage and that can change based on the model and other factors, but the total time takes 6-8 weeks. Zach and team just sold a bunch of stabilized sets so those would be ahead of yours but they should have been in the later stages to take pics of them. Well worth the wait. The key is to not think about them too much. I think the wait makes them more special. Amazon has spoiled us with this same day/next day delivery concept but finer things take time and you will cherish it.

Jun 1, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #6,378 of 12,488
I am not sure of the timing of each stage and that can change based on the model and other factors, but the total time takes 6-8 weeks. Zach and team just sold a bunch of stabilized sets so those would be ahead of yours but they should have been in the later stages to take pics of them. Well worth the wait. The key is to not think about them too much. I think the wait makes them more special. Amazon has spoiled us with this same day/next day delivery concept but finer things take time and you will cherish it.
That is so true, I find myself just keep wandering in their website as well as here for pictures and reviews given I know it will take 6 - 12 weeks... Need to focus on somewhere else lol

Jun 1, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #6,379 of 12,488
That is so true, I find myself just keep wandering in their website as well as here for pictures and reviews given I know it will take 6 - 12 weeks... Need to focus on somewhere else lol
Lol same, it’s such a worthwhile wait that I am constantly excited just seeing everyone else’s VC knowing that one day mind will ship out.

Jun 1, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #6,380 of 12,488
Those emails are not exact, and pretty random, honestly. I had a headphone move from sanding to shipping with no emails in between, and another headphone shipped and a few days later I got an email saying sanding was complete haha. A better way to look at it is total time from order to shipping. My orders average about 8-12 weeks normally. Each headphone is unique though so that's only a guideline. Could take longer or less time, only time will tell :)

Jun 1, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #6,381 of 12,488
Those emails are not exact, and pretty random, honestly. I had a headphone move from sanding to shipping with no emails in between, and another headphone shipped and a few days later I got an email saying sanding was complete haha. A better way to look at it is total time from order to shipping. My orders average about 8-12 weeks normally. Each headphone is unique though so that's only a guideline. Could take longer or less time, only time will tell :)
Thank you, will try to forget about it and one day it suddenly delivered would be such a happy surprise :)

Jun 2, 2021 at 3:25 AM Post #6,382 of 12,488
Has anyone tried using their VC with a Denafrips DAC (like the Ares or Pontus) or a Schiit Gungnir Multibit? Also curious if anyone tried the Musician Pegasus. Looking to upgrade my DAC soon and was curious about the R2R/Multibit trend
I had ordered the vc ltd olive's back on 4/10. Hopefully, it will ship in the next few weeks so I can let you know how it sounds paired with the pegasus. I am thoroughly enjoying the pegasus. But to be fair, I only have experience with one other dac, the very linear Topping D90. The D90 is like a detail retrieval expert but very two dimensional. I don't think the Pegasus is far behind in detail retrieval and the Pegasus has a more spacious r2r sound. I've heard that the denafrips ares II is a good choice as well, if you're looking for that r2r sound, but I have also heard that the detail retrieval is lacking in the Ares. There were someone on the headphones forum who had said that "The integrated sound on my motherboard was more resolving". Some really good info in the musician pegasus thread if you're interested.

Jun 2, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #6,383 of 12,488
I had ordered the vc ltd olive's back on 4/10. Hopefully, it will ship in the next few weeks so I can let you know how it sounds paired with the pegasus. I am thoroughly enjoying the pegasus. But to be fair, I only have experience with one other dac, the very linear Topping D90. The D90 is like a detail retrieval expert but very two dimensional. I don't think the Pegasus is far behind in detail retrieval and the Pegasus has a more spacious r2r sound. I've heard that the denafrips ares II is a good choice as well, if you're looking for that r2r sound, but I have also heard that the detail retrieval is lacking in the Ares. There were someone on the headphones forum who had said that "The integrated sound on my motherboard was more resolving". Some really good info in the musician pegasus thread if you're interested.
I bought the Ares and Soekris 1421 at the same time and found the Ares definitely lacking in details. It was the warmer of the two, but not quite as warm as the Drop Airist and at least more detailed than that. I quickly sold it and didn't get all the praise, though it does measure well. The 1421 was up there with the Chord Hugo 2 in terms of detail. With the 1421 I quickly noticed some aspects of songs which were very distinct, such as acoustic guitar, sounded smushed into the center and was almost totally lost. It made me wonder what else I was missing from my music with the Ares. The amp on it isn't terrible either, but is on the dry/analytical side, but the Ares doesn't even have an amp so it can't be used as an all in one.

Jun 2, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #6,384 of 12,488
I ordered a VC Olive Wood this past weekend as well! Also got the email about it being in the Machining stage (on Tuesday). Probably will have to find a new focus to endure the wait haha, I am extremely excited for them.

I am looking at amp pairings for it in the meantime, and it seems like the Pendant would be the best choice, though admittedly I am a little put off by the hum a lot of people have reported. Does anyone have any experience with the Auris Euterpe or the Cayin HA-6A with the Verite Closed?

Thanks all!

Jun 2, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #6,385 of 12,488
I ordered a VC Olive Wood this past weekend as well! Also got the email about it being in the Machining stage (on Tuesday). Probably will have to find a new focus to endure the wait haha, I am extremely excited for them.

I am looking at amp pairings for it in the meantime, and it seems like the Pendant would be the best choice, though admittedly I am a little put off by the hum a lot of people have reported. Does anyone have any experience with the Auris Euterpe or the Cayin HA-6A with the Verite Closed?

Thanks all!
The hum with the Pendant is really only audible on the High Z (at least with the Pendant SE) but tubes could help alleviate the hum on the High Z, currently what I’m trying to eliminate with tube rolling while still keeping the sound profile I like.

Jun 2, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #6,386 of 12,488

Thanks all!
The Kenzie line of amps from Ampsandsound are much quieter than the Pendant/Mogwai series, and pair wonderfully with ZMF (especially the VC and Auteur). My Kenzie Ovation is dead quiet even on the 300ohm tap with the VC.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #6,387 of 12,488
The hum with the Pendant is really only audible on the High Z (at least with the Pendant SE) but tubes could help alleviate the hum on the High Z, currently what I’m trying to eliminate with tube rolling while still keeping the sound profile I like.

The Kenzie line of amps from Ampsandsound are much quieter than the Pendant/Mogwai series, and pair wonderfully with ZMF (especially the VC and Auteur). My Kenzie Ovation is dead quiet even on the 300ohm tap with the VC.
Are we talking hum with NOS tubes, hum with new production tubes, or just hum in general w/ or w/o tubes?
Tubes in general, especially NOS tubes, or previously used old tubes can add hum to the equation. Often the culprit causing the hum are dirty pins. Clean the pins with alcohol and for especially grimy pins, I've used sandpaper, Deoxit, alcohol (in that order) with good results.

Other Glenn owners have reported good results using a dremel on the pins.

If the hum still persists, its time to toss the tubes and buy more. Life is too short to deal with hum.

EDIT:

Research carefully how to use Deoxit, alcohol or any other solvent on tube pins. Never ever, EVER insert damp pins into a socket!!!!!

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #6,388 of 12,488
Research carefully how to use Deoxit, alcohol or any other solvent on tube pins. Never ever, EVER insert damp pins into a socket!!!!!
In my youthy-youth, I used to wonder how we acquired such interesting and arcane bits of knowledge.

But now that I am older, I do not wonder about such things any more.

Jun 2, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #6,389 of 12,488

I wonder how the Pegasus compares with the Pontus II or Schiit Gugnir Multibit. From what I heard, the Pegasus is like a souped up Ares II

Jun 3, 2021 at 5:26 AM Post #6,390 of 12,488
Are we talking hum with NOS tubes, hum with new production tubes, or just hum in general w/ or w/o tubes?
Tubes in general, especially NOS tubes, or previously used old tubes can add hum to the equation. Often the culprit causing the hum are dirty pins. Clean the pins with alcohol and for especially grimy pins, I've used sandpaper, Deoxit, alcohol (in that order) with good results.

Other Glenn owners have reported good results using a dremel on the pins.

If the hum still persists, its time to toss the tubes and buy more. Life is too short to deal with hum.

EDIT:

Amen brother!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back