ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Feb 23, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #4,952 of 12,513
But my local dealer don't sell Be2 pads, Verite pads will be enough (lambskin perforated)?
I would not recommend perforated pads on a closed back. I think your best bet is to DM or email Zach for options on how to ship them to you

Feb 23, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #4,953 of 12,513
If he is an authorized dealer in Poland he should be able to get the Be2 pads but like @gugges said reach out to @zach915m, he should be able to ship you pads without breaking the bank on duty imports. They can be classified as pillows. Ear pillows. :)

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #4,954 of 12,513
So Be2 pads is best when you want more air and brighter tonality?
Becouse even Universe Lambskin are too warm and dark for me, so i think Verite or Be2 pads will be good?
For what youre looking for, The auteur hybrid pads are the best. I have tried just about every pad that zmf offers for the VC and the Auteur hybrid is the best of all the pads. The universe is warm and narrow sounding. The BE2 is slightly brighter than the auteur but it doesnt have the magical airy mids and vocals. I keep asking zach to make the auteur hybrid pads default because it simply is the best overall tonality for the VC, imo.

Feb 23, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #4,955 of 12,513
I would not recommend perforated pads on a closed back. I think your best bet is to DM or email Zach for options on how to ship them to you
Perforated pads are for open backs. Non perf are for closed back...at least that is what my understanding and experience tells me.

Feb 23, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #4,956 of 12,513
Definitely brighter and more neutral overall than Universe lambskin, so I think they may be a good fit for you.

The Be2 also has slightly less slam compared to the Universe pads but in no way would I call it thin.

And as for airy, they are airy in the sense that they are more delicate and you can hear more separation between instruments. But I also think of airy as having a wide soundstage with room behind it like an open back headphone, which is not the type of airy you get from Be2. More holographic.

All the pads have their perks and I truly rotate them depending on genres or if I am going for a more laid back or analytical listening experience. The Be2 is definitely the most analytical as you just hear all the little details in the songs.
That pretty much is my experience. That said, the VC with Be pads isn’t quite as analytical as a Focal Clear for example.

Feb 23, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #4,957 of 12,513
Interesting to hear these takes on the Be2. I might hold off on them for a bit.

Definitely been rotating pads over the past few weeks. My favorite right now is the Universe Hybrids, but tends to aggravate my left ear as it gets pushed up against the driver. Right now running the Auteur Hybrids which are a little less intense, but more comfortable and brings back some of the spacious sound.

Feb 23, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #4,958 of 12,513
Interesting to hear these takes on the Be2. I might hold off on them for a bit.

Definitely been rotating pads over the past few weeks. My favorite right now is the Universe Hybrids, but tends to aggravate my left ear as it gets pushed up against the driver. Right now running the Auteur Hybrids which are a little less intense, but more comfortable and brings back some of the spacious sound.
In my experience, we don’t all hear the same thing when changing pads. I believe those who strongly prefer the Auteur pads, but they sound muddy to me. I figure it’s my big ears, shape of my ear canal, etc.

In other words, take pad recommendations with a grain of salt. There is no guarantee you’ll hear what others hear. This seems especially true of closed phones.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 11:01 PM Post #4,959 of 12,513
In my experience, we don’t all hear the same thing when changing pads. I believe those who strongly prefer the Auteur pads, but they sound muddy to me. I figure it’s my big ears, shape of my ear canal, etc.

In other words, take pad recommendations with a grain of salt. There is no guarantee you’ll hear what others hear. This seems especially true of closed phones.

Oh, no worries, I'm only holding off for a BIT, I'll eventually get around to trying them. :o2smile:

The Auteur Lambs are the only pads I feel like I've soured on. Overly dark with a bit of harsh treble, and the tonality is not as natural as the hybrids. I initially didn't like the Universe Lambs, but warmed up to them. Compared to the hybrid version, the lamb to me is a bit comfier and adds a "shimmery" quality to the vocals, though I find the hybrids a bit more balanced and with better slam to my ears.

No one pad rules them all, which of course is a big draw to ZMFs.

Feb 24, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #4,960 of 12,513
But my local dealer don't sell Be2 pads, Verite pads will be enough (lambskin perforated)?
I've shipped items to Poland for my buddies and mixed new items with old so there was no duty. Just looked like a care package. :wink:

Feb 24, 2021 at 4:58 AM Post #4,962 of 12,513
Thanks to @zach915m for posting a song from this guy awhile back :wink:
I got the album and I love it, sounds killer with the VC!
a1005081567_10.jpg

Feb 24, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #4,963 of 12,513
Thanks to @zach915m for posting a song from this guy awhile back :wink:
I got the album and I love it, sounds killer with the VC!
That crunchy fuzz pedal blues guitar is so sweet on the VCs. Great share - jamming on this now 🤘

Feb 24, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #4,964 of 12,513
Well my Be2 arrived a few days ago and for me I'd say the vocals made more of a difference. It made the vocals more intimate, which is something I like since I find the vocals are too laid back on the VC. It also pulled me closer to the stage. It's still too early to decide which of the pads I like better. Before I've been listening to the Universe pads since I really liked the fun factor of instruments appearing all over the place, but I like the Be2 for the vocals. The rollable transformers on my DSHA-3F amp also helped me tone down the warmth for the Universe, but now I'm gonna swap to the other one that will add back some body and bass for the Be2.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #4,965 of 12,513

The Auteur pads sound muddy to me as well. They sound like the bump the upper bass, lower mids too much and recess upper mids(female vocals). While I actually find the Universe Hybrid pad to be much less muddy, more 3D sounding. Definite bump in bass but seems to start all the way down in the sub bass and not recess the upper mids as much. In contrast I also like the BE2 and find they have less bass, but sub bass isn’t lost by a bump in upper bass. Definitely a very in your face listen but I really like the BE2 with acoustic music, feel like the artist is sitting across from me. The BE2 to me give more of a Focal sound but with a little more smoother edges. Thinking of trying the Eikon pad for contrast from the BE2, anyone else try the Eikon’s with the VC? Also I have the Universe in hybrid, I wonder how they compare to full leather or full suede?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back