ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Oct 2, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #3,736 of 12,527
Oct 2, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #3,737 of 12,527
Oct 2, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #3,738 of 12,527
Hi mate,

could you tell us, how much does your version of VC weight, without cable?
there is no fixed weight for ZMF headphones but it will be under certain range as stated in the website for a particular wood. You may be on the lower end of range or may end up on the higher side of range.

Oct 2, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #3,739 of 12,527
Last Call for Camphor Burl - We are shutting down LTD editions for a little bit to get caught up. But if you want a Camphor Burl V Closed we will take the order today!

https://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/verite-closed-ltd

_DSC5000.jpg

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Oct 2, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #3,740 of 12,527
I understand this question will have likely been answered, but would someone be kind enough to summarise how the FR of the VC compares to that of the Eikon. In particular, can someone give a brief impression in terms of the treble response/brightness between these headphones? Much obliged.

Oct 2, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #3,741 of 12,527

Oct 2, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #3,742 of 12,527
My camphor burl Atticus with the same magnesium chassis as the VC is only 469 grams with suede Ori pads and no cable. I was very surprised how light it is.

Oct 2, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #3,743 of 12,527
Hey Guys,
The day anticipated for 7 months has finally arrived. My system is now complete to complement my ZMF Verite C LTD (Leapardwood) I received in August.

I've already posted a similar post in the 1101 Audio Custom Headphone Amp thread . However, I wanted to wait to complete my review of my ZMF Verite C Ltd that I received in Aug until I had the rest of my system. That review day is now a lot closer now.
These individuals have already been thanked in the other thread. Folks, I don't care. They are all getting another shout out because they deserve it! So an encore thank you to @L0rdGwyn for his brilliant recommendation to use @A2029 . Mischa's professionalism, knowledge and service made it one of the best buying experiences that I've ever had. No, Mischa is not paying me to say this. I wish lol. Seriously Mischa I can't thank you enough.
A huge shout out to @koven for his dac recommendation of the Rockna Wavelight. I'm not sure if you've seen the latest review in addition to Terry London’s very favourable one, but here it is.
http://v2.stereotimes.com/post/rockna-audio-wavelight-pre-dac-–-followup-by-mike-wright/
Of course I gotta thank @Monsterzero for his recommendation of the ZMF Verite C. It's everything you said it was!!
Finally to @zach915m Zack and Bevin for your absolutely wonderful creation. I can tell you with certainty, It will be the centerpiece of my audio system forever!!
A full Monsterzero-like(ish) review will follow after I have some time with my new system.
Attachments

Oct 3, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #3,744 of 12,527
Hey Guys
Sorry I feel like Robin Williams forgetting to thank his Mother in his Oscar winning speech. How you ask? Because I'm old lol
It was actual @leftside and @L0rdGwyn who pointed me to @A2029 Mischa . @leftside was instrumental in my decision after he relayed his thoughts on his newly built 1101 Audio "V6" amp Mischa had built him. My apologizes Leftside.

Oct 3, 2020 at 6:55 AM Post #3,745 of 12,527
Beautiful setup and I like how all of the components and headphone stand all have similar colors and I am a big fan of that Leopardwood! Look forward to your impressions as I am interested in that dac but I understand sometimes you just have to enjoy the sound for a while so no worries. Also just want to say that amp looks really interesting to me I think I'm good for a while on the amp front but it's cool that you don't need power tubes as those can really add to the cost of tubes and from all reports that sounds like a really low noise amp which is a big positive. Tube amps sound amazing but sometimes you have to do some work to clean up the signals going into them so any help you can get in that department is a big bonus and it sounds like these are really clean sounding. Also I ended up picking up @L0rdGwyn old amp and would basically trust him on any of this stuff he's an amazing resource and was really helpful getting me to understand the basics of tube rolling (@Monsterzero posted the link to the amp and I also actually became really interested in VC even though I had the VO because of his great review). I have also just been really inspired by @leftside's amp that @A2029 built that thing is a thing of beauty, tube roller's dream and then the blue halo just seems really focused on getting the best sound of those particular tubes which is another great way to go. I'd be interested to hear how the blue halo sounds once everything gets back to normal it sounds like an interesting approach to me.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #3,746 of 12,527
Hey Guys,
The day anticipated for 7 months has finally arrived. My system is now complete to complement my ZMF Verite C LTD (Leapardwood) I received in August.

I've already posted a similar post in the 1101 Audio Custom Headphone Amp thread . However, I wanted to wait to complete my review of my ZMF Verite C Ltd that I received in Aug until I had the rest of my system. That review day is now a lot closer now.
These individuals have already been thanked in the other thread. Folks, I don't care. They are all getting another shout out because they deserve it! So an encore thank you to @L0rdGwyn for his brilliant recommendation to use @A2029 . Mischa's professionalism, knowledge and service made it one of the best buying experiences that I've ever had. No, Mischa is not paying me to say this. I wish lol. Seriously Mischa I can't thank you enough.
A huge shout out to @koven for his dac recommendation of the Rockna Wavelight. I'm not sure if you've seen the latest review in addition to Terry London’s very favourable one, but here it is.
http://v2.stereotimes.com/post/rockna-audio-wavelight-pre-dac-–-followup-by-mike-wright/
Of course I gotta thank @Monsterzero for his recommendation of the ZMF Verite C. It's everything you said it was!!
Finally to @zach915m Zack and Bevin for your absolutely wonderful creation. I can tell you with certainty, It will be the centerpiece of my audio system forever!!
A full Monsterzero-like(ish) review will follow after I have some time with my new system.
Attachments

Congrats, that is some wonderful gear and that leopard wood is beautiful.

Oct 3, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #3,747 of 12,527
Beautiful setup and I like how all of the components and headphone stand all have similar colors and I am a big fan of that Leopardwood! Look forward to your impressions as I am interested in that dac but I understand sometimes you just have to enjoy the sound for a while so no worries. Also just want to say that amp looks really interesting to me I think I'm good for a while on the amp front but it's cool that you don't need power tubes as those can really add to the cost of tubes and from all reports that sounds like a really low noise amp which is a big positive. Tube amps sound amazing but sometimes you have to do some work to clean up the signals going into them so any help you can get in that department is a big bonus and it sounds like these are really clean sounding. Also I ended up picking up @L0rdGwyn old amp and would basically trust him on any of this stuff he's an amazing resource and was really helpful getting me to understand the basics of tube rolling (@Monsterzero posted the link to the amp and I also actually became really interested in VC even though I had the VO because of his great review). I have also just been really inspired by @leftside's amp that @A2029 built that thing is a thing of beauty, tube roller's dream and then the blue halo just seems really focused on getting the best sound of those particular tubes which is another great way to go. I'd be interested to hear how the blue halo sounds once everything gets back to normal it sounds like an interesting approach to me.
I'm also going to be the guinea pig for a SET based EL34/KT66 headphone by @A2029.

And from everyone's reports on here the VC closed sound amazing. Maybe next year for me too....

Oct 3, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #3,748 of 12,527
I'm in the same boat as MZ more or less. I tried to roll pads a bunch of times. I kept going back to the Auteur non-perfs too. It was a nice experiment, but I don't do it anymore.

Another vote for the roll for giggles and then stick with stock! It might just be the pads that I have, and my head, but I also found them to be the most comfortable over time.

Oct 3, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #3,749 of 12,527
Hey Guys,

Attachments

Congrats! So glad that DAC finally turned up - looks awesome. I bet that lot sounds incredible.

p.s. I love my Leopardwood so much. Is there a support group for those addicted? :D

Oct 3, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #3,750 of 12,527
Congrats! So glad that DAC finally turned up - looks awesome. I bet that lot sounds incredible.

My initial system impression is the I'm happy with what I'm hearing so far. I've started with the Osram L63'S in the Blue Halo.
So last night at the end of a song, I bursted out clapping like we do for a live performance.
With still 2 components left to burn in I'm excited to just imagine just how good the sense of realism will get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back