ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 23, 2020 at 2:15 AM Post #3,706 of 12,553
Yeah, I read where they will get better, and they sound fantastic out of the box.
It makes perfect sense that once the drivers have had some time, they will improve.

Yes it sure is. I love the comfort also, the new chassis is light and these do not at all feel heavy to me. I am use to heavy cans though.
Not sure how much the stabilized wood weighs against others,but I am digging the comfort.

The sound makes it hard to believe it is a closed headphone
Well VC with OTL and NOS R2R is a drooling combo. You have some nice synergistic system at play. You are all set for next few months at least.

Sep 23, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #3,707 of 12,553
Yeah, I read where they will get better, and they sound fantastic out of the box.
It makes perfect sense that once the drivers have had some time, they will improve.

Yes it sure is. I love the comfort also, the new chassis is light and these do not at all feel heavy to me. I am use to heavy cans though.
Not sure how much the stabilized wood weighs against others,but I am digging the comfort.

The sound makes it hard to believe it is a closed headphone
Agree, easily the most "open" closed-back headphones I have heard.

Sep 24, 2020 at 7:52 AM Post #3,709 of 12,553
Just tried my ZMF VC with the Pathos inPol headphone amp fed by my Bricasti M3 DAC and WOW that inPol amp is something else. I also used it with the D8kpro and the HD800s and compared it with other amps on hand.
For me the Pairing with the inpol is my number 1.
However I still havent tried ZMFs own tube amp with them...

Sep 24, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #3,710 of 12,553
Just tried my ZMF VC with the Pathos inPol headphone amp fed by my Bricasti M3 DAC and WOW that inPol amp is something else. I also used it with the D8kpro and the HD800s and compared it with other amps on hand.
So does that mean that you’re thinking of getting a ZMF Pendant tube amp? I’m thrilled with the sound of the VC with my MicroZOTL 2, but I would also love to hear them with the Pendant some day, since Zach optimized it specifically for his headphones—and we all know how amazingly outstanding he is at optimizing, tuning, tweaking, etc!

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #3,711 of 12,553

I would love to hear that amp!

Sep 25, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #3,712 of 12,553
These stabilized are ridiculously good looking

ACP_ZMF_VC_mapleburl_1_1000x.jpg

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #3,713 of 12,553
These stabilized are ridiculously good looking

ACP_ZMF_VC_mapleburl_1_1000x.jpg

I know right! They look killer.

I am quickly getting addicted to the sound. The headphones are fast and punchy and there is some meat to the over all sound.

Sep 26, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #3,714 of 12,553
Want to hear something crazy? My VCs arrived almost 1y ago! 10th October 2019! That is 2w from today. I cannot believe it has been almost 1y. I'm still loving them. They seem new. I haven't thought about other headphones. Pretty amazing.

OK, I admit, I have visually headphone-lusted after these stabilised woods are amazing looking. @whirlwind - awesome new cans man!

Sep 26, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #3,715 of 12,553
Want to hear something crazy? My VCs arrived almost 1y ago! 10th October 2019! That is 2w from today. I cannot believe it has been almost 1y. I'm still loving them. They seem new. I haven't thought about other headphones. Pretty amazing.

OK, I admit, I have visually headphone-lusted after these stabilised woods are amazing looking. @whirlwind - awesome new cans man!

Thanks man, I love them visually and sonically :beerchug:

I wanted to get them way back, probably about the time you got yours....but I bought tubes and other things and it just never happened.
It has all worked out in the end as I love these cans....I have listened to the whole Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers 4 cd set today - The Live Anthology ....sounded sublime

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2020 at 8:42 PM Post #3,717 of 12,553
Currently going back and forth between deciding whether to pick up an Eikon + Another Closed back or a VC + something else later on. Can anyone offer commentary about the sound signature of the Eikon vs the VC? Thanks.

Mostly listening to Hip Hop/Rap/Pop, if that helps

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #3,718 of 12,553
Whats the general consensus regarding pad rolling the VC. I am currently using Auteur Lambskin pads but also have a pair of Auteur hybrids available. Anyone using anything different? Would love to know the impression...

Thank you

Sep 26, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #3,719 of 12,553
Currently going back and forth between deciding whether to pick up an Eikon + Another Closed back or a VC + something else later on. Can anyone offer commentary about the sound signature of the Eikon vs the VC? Thanks.

Mostly listening to Hip Hop/Rap/Pop, if that helps
I did the best as I could in my write up ( https://www.head-fi.org/threads/zmf-verite.890270/page-251#post-15402387 )

My vote would probably be for the VC & something down the line, but I honestly think the other choice isn't bad either. No real bad choices with ZMF for my tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back