ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 20, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #3,691 of 12,532
Anyone tried Trafomatic Head 2 with ZMF cans?

1600625316225.png

Sep 21, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #3,692 of 12,532
My Verite Closed arrived yesterday and I listened to them a small amount last night and this morning before work.
The sound great right out of the box, but I know I need a lot of hours of burn in so I will just listen and hear them transform.

I just want to say thanks to Zach & Bevin. They are such nice and kind people and go above and beyond pretty much every other business that I have ever dealt with.
Kudos to you guys. Running a business when there is a pandemic and all the other things the country is going through has to be pretty tough, and to be able to produce hand made items of this quality and still get them to people
in a timely manner is impressive. Thanks again.

When I opened up these headphones last night saw them and felt them...the quality of the product, you just know they were made with love, man they look and feel top -notch. You can tell that Zach love's what he is doing and it shows in the final product.

I am going to be listening tonight for sure and I can't wait :)

Here are a few pics, but they don't do them justice....they are drop dead gorgeous.

DSC04367.JPG

DSC04356.JPG

DSC04365.JPG

Sep 21, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #3,693 of 12,532
My Verite Closed arrived yesterday and I listened to them a small amount last night and this morning before work.
The sound great right out of the box, but I know I need a lot of hours of burn in so I will just listen and hear them transform.

I just want to say thanks to Zach & Bevin. They are such nice and kind people and go above and beyond pretty much every other business that I have ever dealt with.
Kudos to you guys. Running a business when there is a pandemic and all the other things the country is going through has to be pretty tough, and to be able to produce hand made items of this quality and still get them to people

When I opened up these headphones last night saw them and felt them...the quality of the product, you just know they were made with love, man they look and feel top -notch. You can tell that Zach love's what he is doing and it shows in the final product.

Here are a few pics, but they don't do them justice....they are drop dead gorgeous.

DSC04367.JPG
DSC04356.JPG
DSC04365.JPG
Jesus man, someone let me buy some Stabilized VCs! UHG

Sep 21, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #3,694 of 12,532

:relaxed::relaxed::relaxed::right_facing_fist:
Jesus man, someone let me buy some Stabilized VCs! UHG

Soon enough! We're getting caught up and then will release some for ZMF November.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Sep 21, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #3,695 of 12,532

DSC04367.JPG
DSC04356.JPG
DSC04365.JPG
Part of me is regretting not holding out for the stabilized sets, but I know the Camphor Burl are going to be beautiful too! I'll just have to keep an eye out for other stabilized sets down the road.

Sep 21, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #3,696 of 12,532
Part of me is regretting not holding out for the stabilized sets, but I know the Camphor Burl are going to be beautiful too! I'll just have to keep an eye out for other stabilized sets down the road.
Camph burl is on the same level man, they're just as gorgeous.

Sep 21, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #3,697 of 12,532
I'm another of those who ordered a stabilized maple burl set a while ago, and they look pretty great to me. I was in French Polynesia a year ago today, which is when I bought my first ZMFs on here, and the left cup especially reminds me of the ocean there from the air.

6 more bought since then (including Auteur & Atticus replaced with different woods) and now only missing an Eikon.

It's safe to say these are next to impossible to photograph correctly. They all came out much more blue than reality and it took a lot of my non-existent tweaking skills to get them to appear closer to reality. Like my other ZMFs they change a lot as light changes throughout the day. They're a lot more beautiful in person than shown here. All the ones I've seen so far have been stunning in pics to me, but then so are those camphor burl ones and the other woods I've seen them in--really can't go wrong.

Not much to say about impressions though the treble stands out more to me than on the Open and they sound pretty great even without burn in. I have a lot of suede pads but my initial impression is the the Universe have more of a wow factor than the others, and since the perf suede Universe are what I use on the Open, I'll probably keep these on for a while, especially to compare the two with the most similar pads.

With occasional neck issues (including now), weight is always a consideration for me and these are up there at 570g with Suede eikon pads on. Nevertheless, extremely comfortable and I am surprised they're actually 115g heavier than my lightest ZMFs, the Silk VO. 4 hours of wearing so far without issue.

IMG_3368.jpeg
IMG_3372.jpeg
IMG_3373.jpeg
IMG_3376.jpg

The whole family: VC, Auteur Cocobolo, Atticus Purple Burst stained Camphor Burl, Verite Silk, Aeolus Sapele, with Salires in Leopardwood, Katalox, and Purpleheart.

Now just waiting on the Glenn OTL!

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #3,698 of 12,532

DSC04367.JPG
DSC04356.JPG
DSC04365.JPG
I'm another of those who ordered a stabilized maple burl set a while ago, and they look pretty great to me. I was in French Polynesia a year ago today, which is when I bought my first ZMFs on here, and the left cup especially reminds me of the ocean there from the air.

6 more bought since then (including Auteur & Atticus replaced with different woods) and now only missing an Eikon.

It's safe to say these are next to impossible to photograph correctly. They all came out much more blue than reality and it took a lot of my non-existent tweaking skills to get them to appear closer to reality. Like my other ZMFs they change a lot as light changes throughout the day. They're a lot more beautiful in person than shown here. All the ones I've seen so far have been stunning in pics to me, but then so are those camphor burl ones and the other woods I've seen them in--really can't go wrong.

Not much to say about impressions though the treble stands out more to me than on the Open and they sound pretty great even without burn in. I have a lot of suede pads but my initial impression is the the Universe have more of a wow factor than the others, and since the perf suede Universe are what I use on the Open, I'll probably keep these on for a while, especially to compared the two with the most similar pads.

With occasional neck issues (including now), weight is always a consideration for me and these are up there at 570g with Suede eikon pads on. Nevertheless, extremely comfortable and I am surprised they're actually 115g heavier than my lightest ZMFs, the Silk VO. 4 hours of wearing so far without issue.

IMG_3368.jpegIMG_3372.jpegIMG_3373.jpegIMG_3376.jpg
The whole family: VC, Auteur Cocobolo, Atticus Purple Burst stained Camphor Burl, Verite Silk, Aeolus Sapele, with Salires in Leopardwood, Katalox, and Purpleheart.

Now just waiting on the Glenn OTL!
Those are both absolutely gorgeous VCs
(and one helluva collection there @robo24 !)

Sep 21, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #3,699 of 12,532
Those are both absolutely gorgeous VCs
(and one helluva collection there @robo24 !)
LOL, yeah, I got issues. Issues which have since been addressed by getting laid off. So glad I paid for them before that happened. So like everyone else I'll be selling off organs whenever Zach has his next creation.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2020 at 6:13 AM Post #3,700 of 12,532
One of the things that stands out to me after only a few hours of listening is how darn good the instrument separation is....sounds are flying all around my head....great stuff.

I have only listened with my GOTL so far.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #3,701 of 12,532
I've spent the time setting up my mobile A/B and household listening station. All it needs is a bit of ZMF love!

IMG_20200918_081412_1.jpg
Hi,

Like your set up. I got T1 as well. How's the T1 comparing to the Veriete? Also would like to hear more about Musician Pegasus

Sep 22, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #3,702 of 12,532
Hi,

Like your set up. I got T1 as well. How's the T1 comparing to the Veriete? Also would like to hear more about Musician Pegasus

Still waiting for my VC to be delivered, so can't comment on how they compare to the T1.2 just yet. I do enjoy the T1.2 very much, tho.

As for the Musician Pegasus, I just got it a couple weeks ago so still testing it out. So far I do enjoy it much more than the old SMSL SU-8 it replaced. I find the instrument separation and staging to be quite a bit better. It has a much more three-dimensional sound whereas the SU-8, while sounding very clean, was a bit flat-sounding with my system. Once I get more airtime with it, I'll be sure to share more impressions.

Overall tho I'm quite happy with it so far. It really makes the THX 789 shine, and also reveals some of the shortcomings with my S.E.X. The THX 789 sounds much more lively with the Pegasus, but the S.E.X. sounds better with my Sigma-Delta DACs, such as the SU-8, Topping S10, and Grace SDAC, at least to my ears. Like anything you read here, please take my opinions with a grain of salt!

Sep 22, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #3,703 of 12,532
One of the things that stands out to me after only a few hours of listening is how darn good the instrument separation is....sounds are flying all around my head....great stuff.

GOTL + VC = :grin:

Just wait until you hit 120-150 hours....Schwiiiing!

Sep 22, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #3,704 of 12,532

Its mind blowing, isnt it?!

Sep 22, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #3,705 of 12,532
GOTL + VC = :grin:

Just wait until you hit 120-150 hours....Schwiiiing!

Yeah, I read where they will get better, and they sound fantastic out of the box.
It makes perfect sense that once the drivers have had some time, they will improve.

Its mind blowing, isnt it?!

Yes it sure is. I love the comfort also, the new chassis is light and these do not at all feel heavy to me. I am use to heavy cans though.
Not sure how much the stabilized wood weighs against others,but I am digging the comfort.

The sound makes it hard to believe it is a closed headphone

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back