ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 18, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #3,661 of 12,524
zach,

I am very interested in the ELISE or atleast an echo. However, I am afraid that i might lose the ability to use planar and low impedence cans that i have using the Elise or echo. Thats the only reason i have yet to sell my TUBA since it plays well with just about anything. TBH, it plays well with my VC as well, but i would LOVE to listen to my VC and its full potential. I wanna hear what you hear with your gear (LOL i wish). I would LOVE to own a pendant since it will literally take care of my amp problem, once and for all but the current price a little too steep for me since i just got done paying off my VC.

The VC sounds okay with my THX 887 but can you suggest any SS amp that migth work well with the VC?

I'm currently driving my VO off of Echo.

You probably won't be listening to anything else after you experience Felik audio + ZMF anyway. Just make the purchase. :gs1000smile:

Sep 18, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #3,662 of 12,524
Mischa is making a tube hybrid amp for me which will drive most anything except the most demanding cans. A hybrid is much more practical for my uses.
You are in good hands. I was most impressed by his professionalism. I had all my power cables , interconnects , amp and power conditioner made by Mischa.

Sep 18, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #3,663 of 12,524
My LP with the cap mod is by far my favorite hybrid amp. It powers just about everything with 6wpc. Its also currently my fav amp to pair with my VC. My tuba is pure tube amp and since i will be replacing it, i would like to buy a pure tube amp (OTL not preferable).
I have an LP as well and am really enjoying it which is why I am having Mischa build me another hybrid. Take a read of the 1101 Audio thread to see what Mischa has done and can build for you. I will say that Leftside's amp is over the top.

Sep 18, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #3,664 of 12,524
It's hard to believe I've had my VCs for 2 weeks already. I also got a stabilized set. Great to see these starting to show up in the wild!

VC Reveal.jpg
VC and Pendant.jpg
Stabilized VC Detail.jpg

The VC, however, is the first headphone that made me speechless from the moment I put it on. It makes no sense what the actual hell is going on inside the cups when I press the play button.

I can relate to this sentiment, lol. I have never heard such an extraordinary combination of detail, clarity, and out-of-head staging in a closed headphone. Coupled with the characteristic ZMF warmth and musicality and the sense of spaciousness and smooth delivery from the Pendant, VCs deliver a truly magical listening experience.

Sep 18, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #3,665 of 12,524
The stabilized wood is a thing of beauty, very unique.

Sep 18, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #3,666 of 12,524
zach,

I am very interested in the ELISE or atleast an echo. However, I am afraid that i might lose the ability to use planar and low impedence cans that i have using the Elise or echo. Thats the only reason i have yet to sell my TUBA since it plays well with just about anything. TBH, it plays well with my VC as well, but i would LOVE to listen to my VC and its full potential. I wanna hear what you hear with your gear (LOL i wish). I would LOVE to own a pendant since it will literally take care of my amp problem, once and for all but the current price a little too steep for me since i just got done paying off my VC.

The VC sounds okay with my THX 887 but can you suggest any SS amp that migth work well with the VC?

FWIW, I can pair up my Feliks' (admittedly I'm using a Euforia not an Elise) with planar's with no problems at all (generally a great volume knob turn is all that's needed!)

Sep 18, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #3,667 of 12,524
FWIW, I can pair up my Feliks' (admittedly I'm using a Euforia not an Elise) with planar's with no problems at all (generally a great volume knob turn is all that's needed!)
I've not tried planars myself w/my Elise (LOVE IT w/Auteur) but from specs Elise has 200mW and Euforia 250mW output power, should be able to drive similar cans as difference isn't huge...

Sep 18, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #3,668 of 12,524
Been listening to my new Camphor Burl VC for the last two weeks using my LP (cap modded) and my Hagerman Tuba. I just cant imagine how crisp and dynamic this headphone sounds. Ive listened to many headphones all my life. I currently also own a ZMF Auteur LTD which blew my mind when i first got it and i couldnt believe how good that headphone was. The VC, however, is the first headphone that made me speechless from the moment I put it on. It makes no sense what the actual hell is going on inside the cups when I press the play button. I thought I had high end headphones, but tbh, my Focal Clear, LCD-X, AEON 2 Closed all have been collecting dust since I bought the VC and all these are happening using my two, mid range amps.

I prefer my LP with my VC. Its extremely dynamic, the bass is punchy, the treble is crystal clear and the mid range is lush. My tuba, on the other hand, is laid back, a little bass shy, but smooth and detailed. Can anyone plz give me some advice regarding amp choice with my VC? I think I m gonna keep my LP since its combines beautifully with the rest of my headphones. I am thinking about replacing my THX 887 with a either a GSX mini ($1800) or I can replace my Tuba amp with a tube amp for ~$1000.00.

Can anyone suggest an amp for me? Plz and Thank you

I have VC and VO as my two main headphones, with the GSX-Mini and the Pendant being my two amps. While they all sound great, for the last three weeks all I've been listening to every day is the VC/Mini combination. It is a perfect combination, for my preferences and in my system of course. The speed is insane, it resolves complicated passages with no trouble, and it never gets too bright or fatiguing. Important for me is that it sounds great with all types of music and recording quality. I just pick what I feel like listening to, don't think twice about the equipment and crank up the volume.

Sep 18, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #3,669 of 12,524
A lot of these showing up for sale on head-fi lately. I could have had several pair while I wait for mine, but the anticipation.................

Sep 18, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #3,670 of 12,524
Since an OTL amp often doesnt play nice with planars and low impedance HP, I think i m gonna stay away from it. I would like an amp that covers all, if not most of the grounds.

So I think i can narrow it down to two options, plz help me choose/decide. If i were to spend 2k on my next amp..........

1) I can sell my THX 887 and get a GSX mini (SS to SS upgrade) which should behave well with the headphones that I have.
2) I can sell my Hagerman Audio TUBA and get a ZMF Pendant (tube to tube upgrade) which "should" also work well with what i have.

Which one do you guys think would yield me more enjoyment for my money? Would love to have more

Sep 19, 2020 at 3:09 AM Post #3,672 of 12,524
Since an OTL amp often doesnt play nice with planars and low impedance HP, I think i m gonna stay away from it. I would like an amp that covers all, if not most of the grounds.

So I think i can narrow it down to two options, plz help me choose/decide. If i were to spend 2k on my next amp..........

1) I can sell my THX 887 and get a GSX mini (SS to SS upgrade) which should behave well with the headphones that I have.
2) I can sell my Hagerman Audio TUBA and get a ZMF Pendant (tube to tube upgrade) which "should" also work well with what i have.

Which one do you guys think would yield me more enjoyment for my money? Would love to have more
Really enjoyed my pendant. tube rolling is a lot of fun. TBH I would probably upgrade both of your amps. Also do you still need your LP if you are possibly stepping up to a Pendant? I would probably sell all 3, get an FA-10 for SS, and get a pendant. just my thoughts. not particularly a fan of thx amps. id also probably set aside some money for tube rolling to your preferred sound.

Sep 19, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #3,673 of 12,524
zach,

I am very interested in the ELISE or atleast an echo. However, I am afraid that i might lose the ability to use planar and low impedence cans
I have an Euforia (and a VO), and this OTL is really good with my Final D8000 (as well as a 32ohm Grado GH3).

Sep 19, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #3,674 of 12,524
Last edited:
Sep 19, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #3,675 of 12,524
Got my tracking number and am I stoked to get to hear them.
Will have them on my head early Monday morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back