ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Oct 3, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #3,751 of 12,529
I'm also going to be the guinea pig for a SET based EL34/KT66 headphone by @A2029.

And from everyone's reports on here the VC closed sound amazing. Maybe next year for me too....
Its getting lonely here all by myself in the VC/Lampi/Glenn club....
Hopefully I will get to hear one of Mischa's amps sooner rather than later.

Oct 3, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #3,752 of 12,529
My initial system impression is the I'm happy with what I'm hearing so far. I've started with the Osram L63'S in the Blue Halo.
So last night at the end of a song, I bursted out clapping like we do for a live performance.
With still 2 components left to burn in I'm excited to just imagine just how good the sense of realism will get.

I have those same tubes and am going to give them a listen this evening.
Going to try the SET amp tomorrow.

Oct 3, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #3,753 of 12,529

VC/Holo/Glenn...we are a bit on the same page :beerchug:

Oct 3, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #3,754 of 12,529
My initial system impression is the I'm happy with what I'm hearing so far. I've started with the Osram L63'S in the Blue Halo.
So last night at the end of a song, I bursted out clapping like we do for a live performance.
With still 2 components left to burn in I'm excited to just imagine just how good the sense of realism will get.

LOL, what version of alcoholic beverage are you using to end up clapping out loud ? :darthsmile:

Oct 3, 2020 at 8:27 PM Post #3,755 of 12,529
LOL, what version of alcoholic beverage are you using to end up clapping out loud ? :darthsmile:
I wish I could claim that. LOL It was just sheer listening amazement. I wasn't quite expecting this!!! :wink:

Oct 3, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #3,756 of 12,529
VC/Holo/Glenn...we are a bit on the same page :beerchug:
Well... Glenn's awesome amps are "old news". Not in a bad way by any means!
Mischa's amps are the shiny new toy.
People like talking about the shiny new toy. I still enjoy very much my GOTL and my 6EL3N amps!! :wink:

Oct 3, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #3,757 of 12,529
Well... Glenn's awesome amps are "old news". Not in a bad way by any means!
Mischa's amps are the shiny new toy.
People like talking about the shiny new toy. I still enjoy very much my GOTL and my 6EL3N amps!! :wink:
Of course its new and folks are talking. Apparently it is a fine sounding amp. im looking forward to hearing it, but that doesnt diminish my love for my Glenn.

VC+GOTL is hard to beat.

Oct 3, 2020 at 11:14 PM Post #3,758 of 12,529
Of course its new and folks are talking. Apparently it is a fine sounding amp. im looking forward to hearing it, but that doesnt diminish my love for my Glenn.
I have no doubt - @chrisdrop whose opinions I trust, owns and praises both, so I am sure Mischa's amps are great sounding.

Oct 4, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #3,761 of 12,529
Did anyone try these EQ settings for the VC?
https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/Au...inacle_harman_over-ear_2018/ZMF Verite Closed

I tried them in Roon, and while the Susvara profile on this site is a great improvement in my opinion, I am not sure about this one. I think this profile makes the sound signature of the VC quite sharply etched, less organic sounding. The difference is massive, and I need to give it more time, but I was wondering about your experiences with EQing the VC.

Oct 4, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #3,762 of 12,529
Did anyone try these EQ settings for the VC?
https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/crinacle/crinacle_harman_over-ear_2018/ZMF Verite Closed

I tried them in Roon, and while the Susvara profile on this site is a great improvement in my opinion, I am not sure about this one. I think this profile makes the sound signature of the VC quite sharply etched, less organic sounding. The difference is massive, and I need to give it more time, but I was wondering about your experiences with EQing the VC.

EQ is a bit of a hit and miss. I tried eq with the VC and preferred the non EQ sound. Stellia also didn't sound good after EQ. Utopia sounded better with the Crinacle EQ over the Oratory1990 one.

Oct 4, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #3,763 of 12,529
EQ is a bit of a hit and miss. I tried eq with the VC and preferred the non EQ sound. Stellia also didn't sound good after EQ. Utopia sounded better with the Crinacle EQ over the Oratory1990 one.
Yes first impressions upon switching to EQ are not favorable with this profile, so I'll stick to default in this case.. Up next to try, the MDR-Z1R. I doubt that one will sound better with EQ, because the profile looks like it's taking the bass shelf down, which is the whole point of owning that headphone for me... :)

Oct 4, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #3,764 of 12,529
Day 3

Just a small update and initial VC Ltd impressions.

Currently rolling Osram/GEC L63's.

Even though there's still 2 components burning in (my Rockna Dac and Blue Halo OTL) the level of realism is already extremely noticeable. The elongated decay is exquisite and the new ability to peer into the music allowing me to hear the air around the artist was quite impactful.
If I'm being completely honest, I was getting goosebumps listening to Alice in Chains live track of "Heaven Beside You" as this level of realism was totally unexpected , but most welcomed as it signaled to me that I'm on the right track (no pun intended)!
One thing I'm pretty sure on already is that the synergy of the VC Ltd / Rockna/ Blue Halo is pretty special.

Attachments

• IMG_20201002_211417 (1).jpg
    IMG_20201002_211417 (1).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Oct 7, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #3,765 of 12,529
Does anyone have a DAC pairing that they really like in their chain with the VCs?

I’m considering moving away from my Chord gear and thinking a warmer Dac would go nicely with the VC’s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back