ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship
Mar 31, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #1,906 of 2,544

Really? How many orders are there for A&E?

I ordered my Ori in early January, and soon after Zach sent me a link to his production spreadsheet for Ori. At the time I was one of 3 planar orders (think it was). I thought that might be a little low, historically, but attributed it to the new designs "stealing the spotlight" from the Ori--at least temporarily, due to pre-order buzz & discount, etc.

These designs are totally different: certainly the Ori (planar) is not very much like of the new dynamics, though its tonal signature is said to be similar to the Atticus'; and the Atticus & Eikon are voiced rather differently from each other. The Eikon seems to be emerging as a true high-end/endgame HP (Atticus not so much).

I love my Ori. Still not even close to figuring out everything it can do...haven't changed pads yet or really experimented much, beyond trying it on various SE amps. Have a couple balanced amps in house now & waiting for balanced cable to arrive so I can hear the Ori balanced.

Very likely an Atticus is in my future; also E-MU Teak, if they ever do another drop on Massdrop.

Looks like the planar list is at 12 while dynamic is sitting at 78 (i think it was 86 yesterday). So, more like 7:1.

I check it daily in anticipation.

Mar 31, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #1,907 of 2,544
  Looks like the planar list is at 12 while dynamic is sitting at 78 (i think it was 86 yesterday). So, more like 8:1.

I check it daily in anticipation.

Damn--that's more of both types than I expected. And it seems obvious that most if not all of the 78 dynamics are unaffected by the pre-order discount.

(Go, Zach, go!)

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #1,908 of 2,544

Damn--that's more of both types than I expected. And it seems obvious that most if not all of the 78 dynamics are unaffected by the pre-order discount.

(Go, Zach, go!)

That is pretty crazy, and I'm glad to hear it too. They've been getting a decent amount of coverage on YouTube reviews, seeing more every day. And very little negative said about them. I don't know if I'd talk myself into going with one of the newer sets. I'm kind of getting to a point where I'm fairly happy with what I have.

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #1,909 of 2,544

That is pretty crazy, and I'm glad to hear it too. They've been getting a decent amount of coverage on YouTube reviews, seeing more every day. And very little negative said about them. I don't know if I'd talk myself into going with one of the newer sets. I'm kind of getting to a point where I'm fairly happy with what I have.

"I'm kind of getting to a point where I'm fairly happy with what I have."

I'm guessing by the time you finished typing that, you were hit by lightning...

(never taunt the Audio Gods!)

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #1,910 of 2,544
I know, it's already happened to me at least twice. Then I just jumped on the freaking Massdrop train for the Kennerton Vali's the other night. I definitely have a wood fetish of some kind going on.

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #1,911 of 2,544
  I know, it's already happened to me at least twice. Then I just jumped on the freaking Massdrop train for the Kennerton Vali's the other night. I definitely have a wood fetish of some kind going on.

(you & me both!)

Funny you mention the Kennerton Vali's...I had heart palpitations over that drop. The angel on my right shoulder said, "DON'T DO IT!" and the devil on the left said, "BUY IT!" (the angel won)

True story about my Ori: I jonesed over it for >6 months. At the same time, I chased the E-MU Teak, kept adding my name to the "Request Drop" field on Massdrop. Finally snapped & ordered an Ori. Days later, Massdrop announced a new E-MU Teak drop. I went nuts...nearly duct-taped my arms to the office chair to stop from ordering.

Same thing happened last week, but with amps. For 1-2 months I looked for a mint/used violectric V281 (to hear the Ori balanced). At the same time, I haunted the Cavalli website, where (amazingly) the Liquid Carbon was still available. Getting nowhere w/the V281, I finally ordered the LC. Literally 2 days after it arrived, a Head-Fi'er contacted me directly, asking if I'd like to buy his V281--w/exactly the upgrade features I'd been obsessing over.

(the devil won that round)

Apr 3, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #1,912 of 2,544
My Ori came in.

Ormosia cups.

Beautiful. Simply gorgeous. Too good looking to share. I'm a selfish person like that. (Actually, haven't had time to take pictures.)

Running it through Bimby > Milo. Amazing.

Thanks Zach! A great compliment to my Eikon!

(And a great birthday present to myself!)

Apr 3, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #1,913 of 2,544
My Ori came in.

Ormosia cups.

Beautiful. Simply gorgeous. Too good looking to share. I'm a selfish person like that. (Actually, haven't had time to take pictures.)

Nice! Ori + Milo is the jam!

Apr 3, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #1,915 of 2,544
Apr 3, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #1,916 of 2,544
My Ori came in.

Ormosia cups.

(And a great birthday present to myself!)

I have the same ormosia henryi Ori. It's subtle & stunning at the same time--the sound totally lives up to the looks.

Apr 3, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #1,917 of 2,544
Yeah Wells Milo plus planar headphones = woah!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Apr 5, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #1,919 of 2,544
Man the Milo amp..... Only listened a little bit at CanJam  NY but I definitely liked what I heard. My one buddy raves about it. Power for days, seems to be its thing.

The Milo is awesome with the Ori. It pushes it really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back