ZMF November 2022 is here!!!
Nov 19, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #526 of 898
I think this one was up for sale but there were a couple that were listed accidentally from Zach’s personal collection which were removed a couple hours before the sale opened up.
Oh ok! I understand. Phew, that was a close one! Zach almost went from having 299 instead of 300 personal zmf headphones. 😜

(Which brings me to a great idea!! It would be really cool to see a video of Zach’s collection! Food for thought if you ever need a cool video idea!)

Nov 19, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #527 of 898
We would send it on the side instead of doing the install. It's important to us that headphones are sent out in stock form for first impressions as it helps linearity and all that. If you're a past direct owner of atrium send us an email at support@zmfheadphones.com and we'll figure it out!
Thanks for the reply. I'm not a current Atrium owner, this would be my first, but after talking with a few people whose ears I trust I felt the solid mesh would be what I needed. I'm a little sensitive in that 5K region, it comes across as hardness or glare to me so I was wanting the full mesh to tame it. I can always start out stock and figure something out if I felt the need I guess. At these pricepoints my OCD about having to have things just right gets turned up pretty high I guess. :)

I'm absolutely torturing myself right now actually. The limited edition set I want hasn't been taken yet, but I bought my first house very recently and I'm struggling to tell myself yes to a purchase that's a want and not a need. But man are these limited woods beautiful........ this is maximum FOMO right here.

Nov 19, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #528 of 898
Thanks for the reply. I'm not a current Atrium owner, this would be my first, but after talking with a few people whose ears I trust I felt the solid mesh would be what I needed. I'm a little sensitive in that 5K region, it comes across as hardness or glare to me so I was wanting the full mesh to tame it. I can always start out stock and figure something out if I felt the need I guess. At these pricepoints my OCD about having to have things just right gets turned up pretty high I guess. :)

I'm absolutely torturing myself right now actually. The limited edition set I want hasn't been taken yet, but I bought my first house very recently and I'm struggling to tell myself yes to a purchase that's a want and not a need. But man are these limited woods beautiful........ this is maximum FOMO right here.
Ha I totally understand and yeah there are some nice sets left!

I do think it's best for owners to hear them in stock form, and don't worry changing mesh out isn't too bad, we can definitely add it in if you want it on the side.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Nov 19, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #529 of 898

The FOMO is real with me too! But apparently it’s one of those “learning to appreciate what I have” times, which is a muscle I find I always need to develop more. (Fast forward to tomorrow when I cave in and buy my favorite pair 😂)

Nov 19, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #530 of 898
The FOMO is real with me too! But apparently it’s one of those “learning to appreciate what I have” times, which is a muscle I find I always need to develop more. (Fast forward to tomorrow when I cave in and buy my favorite pair 😂)
I actually have this sentiment a lot these days, but I personally haven't bought a new headphone since early 2016 so I've definitely been enjoying what I have for a while now. For me the timing is just bad with the new mortgage, it feels like I'm being reckless buying a luxury item right now.

Nov 19, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #531 of 898
I actually have this sentiment a lot these days, but I personally haven't bought a new headphone since early 2016 so I've definitely been enjoying what I have for a while now. For me the timing is just bad with the new mortgage, it feels like I'm being reckless buying a luxury item right now.
Wow you’re a master! You haven’t bought a new headphone since I got into the hobby haha

I hope you get to splurge again soon!

Nov 19, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #532 of 898
Nov 19, 2022 at 8:23 PM Post #533 of 898

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2022 at 8:24 PM Post #534 of 898
I'm a little sensitive in that 5K region, it comes across as hardness or glare to me so I was wanting the full mesh to tame it.
I'm sensitive in that region, too, and much preferred the solid mesh to the stock one on the loaner pairs I heard. The pads also helped. With the solid mesh, the Auteur pads made the overall tuning just a bit too dark and rounded, for me, with the leading edges of notes (the transients) sounding softer; I much preferred the Universe pads which kept the snappier attacks while taming the 5kHz-ish emphasis perfectly. With the stock mesh, though, which I found too hard and glarey with the Universe pads, the hybrid Universe pads worked well, although not quite as well as the solid mesh + Universe pads. (My full impressions are here, for what they're worth).

In other words, if you buy that pair of Atrium you've been hankering after, you might like to snag a few pairs of b-stock pads, too!

That last statement's not intended to tickle your FOMO. I'm saving for an Atrium and have been sorely tempted by some of the wonderful offerings this November - just as I was during both of the Hot Cup Summer sales earlier this year. There'll always be other glorious ZMFs in the future.

Nov 19, 2022 at 8:31 PM Post #535 of 898
@haasaaroni - how're you liking your Aeolus?
I love them! Got them 2 years ago at CanJam 2020 and they keep surprising me. I recently changed to a Pendant and found I love the stock OG Aeolus pads with that combo. It’s the best I’ve heard them yet.

Nov 19, 2022 at 8:51 PM Post #537 of 898
The FOMO is real with me too! But apparently it’s one of those “learning to appreciate what I have” times, which is a muscle I find I always need to develop more.^^ (Fast forward to tomorrow when I cave in and buy my favorite pair 😂)
^^ that ‘muscle’ will develop more when you have more to appreciate…🤣🤣🤣

Nov 19, 2022 at 9:39 PM Post #538 of 898
There's a possibility we missed some emails as we tried to grab all the orders from yesterday, which is why I wanted to post here. If you have any questions beyond what's in the email definitely hit us up at support@zmfheadphones.com
I can only imagine the flood of emails during ZMF November lol I give it to ya though for still balancing emails and forum posts all while get headphones to us!

Nov 19, 2022 at 10:54 PM Post #539 of 898
I love them! Got them 2 years ago at CanJam 2020 and they keep surprising me. I recently changed to a Pendant and found I love the stock OG Aeolus pads with that combo. It’s the best I’ve heard them yet.
Sweet! I'm thinking of getting one at some point.

Nov 19, 2022 at 11:49 PM Post #540 of 898
I was feeling left out so I bought some pads for my Aeolus. I’m happy with the universe suede perf, but not many of us know how to leave well enough alone. Going to try universe lamb perf and Aeolus perf.

There are a lot more Atriums left than I imagined. I kept telling myself all the good ones must be gone by now, but several of them were practically begging for me to give them a home. I may have made a list of the ones I want, but never put any in my cart. How long does ZMF November last again? I might need to hide my credit cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back