ZMF November 2022 is here!!!
Nov 11, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #17 of 898
Wow the Kingswood is gorgeous, I'm more a utilitiarian look kinda of a guy though. Still, great work!

When are the on sale cables and pads launching? I want my 120 bux uranium based cable to nuke my tunes!

With the super rare wood, what makes you decide if it's a closed back or an open back? Are there flaws where the grate is located? I'd love to see the cups being made.

Did you announce pricing last year ahead of the sale? I don't think you did. Why the change? Or am I mistaken?

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #18 of 898
Can't wait to see what's available from the VCs.

And the Atrium redheart is probably the first time I've had even a twinge of Atrium-envy, probably makes sense they share so many similarities with my Macassar Ebony pair (colored matting behind the grille, the buffalo (iirc?) strap, etc.).

Nov 11, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #20 of 898
Wow the Kingswood is gorgeous, I'm more a utilitiarian look kinda of a guy though. Still, great work!

When are the on sale cables and pads launching? I want my 120 bux uranium based cable to nuke my tunes!

With the super rare wood, what makes you decide if it's a closed back or an open back? Are there flaws where the grate is located? I'd love to see the cups being made.

Did you announce pricing last year ahead of the sale? I don't think you did. Why the change? Or am I mistaken?
The cables and pads will be up by the 18th - we are still checking inventory of what we have. Likely more pads than cables ofc.

With the wood, it mostly depends on the thickness of the wood. Since the closed cups need 8/4 and the open 6/4.

The pricing that is up now for the A vs B Stock are place-holders, there will be more nuanced pricing varied by unit and specs which will start being listed next week. The biggest change is that the A and B stock will be on the same page for each model, to consolidate better.
In case you did not read the small print, for $100 more than a Caldera, you can have a Verite PAIR!

Verite Bundle Discount: If you bundle a VO and a VC of any type, we will discount the purchase of the two headphones by $500 USD. It has to be one VO and one VC though!
Yep it is a good deal! We have a good amount of really nice Verite's.

The code is VERITE2TIMES

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Nov 11, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #23 of 898
To mix things up from the somewhat boring "white box" photos- I have taken it upon myself to photograph all of the new models with black backdrop. I then do every set of headphones on my listening table with a more "homey" style. Here are some teasers!

Resin Atrium - we are using more and more Burly Oak in the Resin sets. The asymmetry is stunning to me.

I was able to procure a few boards of Black and White Ebony. It's much too rare a wood to do a run of, but we were able to make 4 or 5 Atriums.

I've still got a batch of Macassar Ebony left, I will release it in small amounts so I can make it last. Who knows when I'll find it again.

A single set of Tasmanian Blackwood that's ribboned is available. This thing glows like a night-lite.

I always like having some camphor burl around. This one is flamey.

A first ever for us, a few sets of redheart. I'm definitely going to use more of this in the future. It's like African Padauk on steroids. It's brighter than most of the red stabilized wood we carry. Crazy times.

This auteur classic is absolutely bonkers.

This piece of maple burl was turned blue, and honored.

I love it when the color of a piece of wood is indescribable.

Lastly - I've found two sets of spalted Koa wood. I've NEVER seen this before.

Caldera Kingwood reminds me of Purple Heart mixed with Cocobolo. Maybe the most luxurious feeling and looking headphone I've built.

I'm still taking pics of Verite Closed/Open and we're still finishing our Aeolus batch. I'll update pictures here and on the website as we head into the releases!
Thank goodness you'll be getting more redheart. I'd want that in an Atrium Closed or a caldera closed!!

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #24 of 898
Gorgeous work, as usual!

Nov 11, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #26 of 898
Resin Atrium - we are using more and more Burly Oak in the Resin sets. The asymmetry is stunning to me.

_DSC0161.jpg

A first ever for us, a few sets of redheart. I'm definitely going to use more of this in the future. It's like African Padauk on steroids. It's brighter than most of the red stabilized wood we carry. Crazy times.

_DSC0266.jpg

This auteur classic is absolutely bonkers.

_DSC0272.jpg

These three indeed in drooling level.

Can't wait to see more Redheart on other ZMF!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back