ZMF Caldera - New Planar Magnetic from ZMF!
Feb 17, 2024 at 8:29 PM Post #6,452 of 7,196
It's pretty advanced to get your Caldera its own comfortable chair...
Gotta give your ZMF headphone its own chair. A headphone stand just doesn’t provide enough *lumber* support.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 8:34 PM Post #6,453 of 7,196
I’m waiting on reviews on the Caldera closed back before I jump on the Calderas. Also, can ZMF create like a buy 2 Caldera discount deal? If you have open and closed sold as a pair with like say $500 off?
I certainly wouldn't expect them to do that. Years after release they did do a discount if one bought both Verites one November. You do get bundled cable and amp discounts if you buy them with any of their headphones.

Feb 17, 2024 at 8:55 PM Post #6,455 of 7,196
Thankfully, right when my kid will be born. I'll be too distracted for the temptation. At least for a little while...

1708221329548.png

Feb 17, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #6,457 of 7,196
Beeeeeutiful! What wood is that? Man, the red Calderas have their own kind of awesome going on.

Looking forward to hearing the Caldera Closed at CanJam next month! A closed back version of my favorite headphone? Can't wait!
You and me both! I anticipate spending a good bit of time at the ZMF booth to listen xD

Feb 17, 2024 at 11:13 PM Post #6,458 of 7,196
She's lava.

IMG_1616-5.png
With this new Taylor Swift fad of wearing your gear on your neck, you can tie a Grand Palladium or Verite Silver cables around your neck and hook that Caldera in front. Now you can do a TikTok rap battle like a boss.

Feb 18, 2024 at 3:33 AM Post #6,460 of 7,196
Beeeeeutiful! What wood is that? Man, the red Calderas have their own kind of awesome going on.

Looking forward to hearing the Caldera Closed at CanJam next month! A closed back version of my favorite headphone? Can't wait!
She's the Redheart of a Caldera :darthsmile:

Feb 18, 2024 at 4:32 AM Post #6,462 of 7,196
With this new Taylor Swift fad of wearing your gear on your neck, you can tie a Grand Palladium or Verite Silver cables around your neck and hook that Caldera in front. Now you can do a TikTok rap battle like a boss.
Oh, if only they were smaller :joy:
Though I wouldn't risk my Calderas in any way (including them appearing in a TikTok video). On the other hand I wouldn't mind tiny Calderas in the form of necklace or keychain :yum:

Feb 18, 2024 at 9:07 AM Post #6,463 of 7,196

The red Calderas are so pretty and yet I am considering selling my redwood Caldera to recoup funds.
IMG_7350.jpeg

IMG_7615.jpeg

Feb 18, 2024 at 9:24 AM Post #6,465 of 7,196
Very pretty indeed. Do you prefer your other ZMFs?
Yeah I prefer the Atrium Open and the Auteur Classic over Caldera. Maybe even the Atrium Closed (but possibly not). The Caldera has a bit too much upper mid energy for me with its stock pads. Not to mention its treble does bother my ears. Really good bass for a planar though. Super punchy.

I will probably grab another Caldera if I sell at some point but I just bought the WA23 for a great deal. Plus am going to Canjam so want to have funds for if I say buy a ZMF at Canjam.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back