ZMF Caldera Closed
Mar 15, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #107 of 289
e3b912f02cc13df6100a44ba9c261ccf.gif
…ORANGE LAVA BURST SHOU-SUGI-BAN CALDERA CLOSED CONFIRMED!…

😂

(Sorry, could not help myself- that’s how the fans of the product I lead marketing for react when any of our devs put anything remotely related out on Discord, social media, etc.)

Mar 15, 2024 at 2:20 PM Post #108 of 289
Magma is my favorite English language word.
Carry on.

Mar 15, 2024 at 2:33 PM Post #109 of 289
And within calderas there can be many volcanic cones as there are in the Kileaua caldera up the road from me. Haleakala is a massive caldera with many large volcanic cones. Volcanic cones can also be well outside the caldera on the flanks, such these one which developed 6 years ago in the middle of a neighborhood 5 miles from me. Calderas aren't just a remnant after a volcano forms but can exist for hundreds of thousands of years while still active.

IMG_8239.jpegIMG_2039.jpeg
The Island of Tenerife is a great example of that. Many people mistake Mount Teide as the main volcano but in reality it’s a much younger “pimple” on the side of a huge Caldera.

Mar 15, 2024 at 2:34 PM Post #110 of 289
Don’t delete the posts about actual caldera facts. I think it’s relevant because we were talking about design elements and the caldera is the inspiration. And stupid me didn’t even realize that Crater Lake was from a volcano. I thought it was from some meteor that hit long ago and left the impact and then lake filled up. I’ve actually been there and didn’t bother to read the info.

Mar 15, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #112 of 289
You announced the new ZMF Magma finally! Ok everyone I've had a prototype for a few months now, this thing is so good its blistering HOT!!!! Comes in Hickory, Oak, and Mesquite.

You’re going to need suede pads with those or wearing them will be too warm in the summer.

Mar 15, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #115 of 289
Probably largest known caldera in our solar system: Olympus Mons on Mars

Speed leaving without warning
I need some place to sleep tonight
Blowing in the rocking of the pine
Speed leaving without warning
The sunlight is going into the mountain
I will crawl into the mountain
Sun shines in the rusty morning
Skyline of the Olympus Mons
I think about it sometimes
Sun shines in the rusty morning
Once I had a good fly
Into the mountain
I will fall

Joey Santiago is one of my favorite guitarists

Mar 16, 2024 at 4:07 AM Post #118 of 289
IMG_3051.jpeg
Doesn’t this symbolic cross section of a Caldera look like the triangle on the cup?
I think you beat my explanation with this one. Maybe you have to present this to Zach and tell him he must re-name the Caldera Closed to ‘The Yellowstone Caldera Closed’ and offer it in a customised colour of ‘Granitic Magma’ just for the sheer pleasure it would give to @Monsterzero. BUT, and don’t tell anyone else about this, it’s just between you and me, there is concern amongst earth scientists that the Magma Dome under Yellowstone could one day erupt again. This would be of Super-Volcano proportions and would have devastating consequences, not just for the US, but for the entire planet 🌎. So, keep it quiet, 🤐 we don’t want to set off any ⏰ alarm bells 🔔.

Mar 16, 2024 at 4:20 AM Post #119 of 289
I think you beat my explanation with this one. Maybe you have to present this to Zach and tell him he must re-name the Caldera Closed to ‘The Yellowstone Caldera Closed’ and offer it in a customised colour of ‘Granitic Magma’ just for the sheer pleasure it would give to @Monsterzero. BUT, and don’t tell anyone else about this, it’s just between you and me, there is concern amongst earth scientists that the Magma Dome under Yellowstone could one day erupt again. This would be of Super-Volcano proportions and would have devastating consequences, not just for the US, but for the entire planet 🌎. So, keep it quiet, 🤐 we don’t want to set off any ⏰ alarm bells 🔔.
This is a splendid idea and a great marketing chance for Zach to later on produce multiple custom headphones using the name of each and every caldera on planet and then mountain and the crater and so on. But you're right, my silence would be for the better of all of us. (Was I able to imitate your answering style at least a bit?)

Mar 16, 2024 at 6:26 AM Post #120 of 289
This is a splendid idea and a great marketing chance for Zach to later on produce multiple custom headphones using the name of each and every caldera on planet and then mountain and the crater and so on. But you're right, my silence would be for the better of all of us. (Was I able to imitate your answering style at least a bit?)
Just remember, when the Head-Fi Police come to take me away they will also search for people who associated with me. I suggest you edit your last comment. And when the Head-Fi Police come to visit you and show you my photograph, you look at the photograph, you look the Policeman in the eyes 👀, and you say “No Officer, I’ve never seen this loser in my life”.
Edit: do not in any circumstance say “this loser”. If you say that the Police will 100% know that you have talked to me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back