ZMF Caldera Closed
Mar 16, 2024 at 9:05 AM Post #121 of 495
Looking forward to some impressions by those who heard it at CanJam. I’m looking to blind buy this.

Mar 16, 2024 at 9:46 AM Post #122 of 495
Looking forward to some impressions by those who heard it at CanJam. I’m looking to blind buy this.
I heard it at CanJam - standard caveats apply - I'm trying to recall all of the amps I tried it with, at least Feliks Envy, Holo Bliss, Aegis, and DCS Lina. Tried both pads they were deployed with. My takeway was it sounds like a Caldera with some bass lift. I think this extra touch of bass helps those who find the mids a bit forward, as they likely play it at a slightly lower volume. Staging was good, noise blocking was okay, I didn't ask others about leakage but it wasn't my focus. It wasn't eliminated from further consideration, which is my personal show baseline of evaluation. I'm not sure I have a use case, as I have a Caldera.

Mar 16, 2024 at 9:55 AM Post #123 of 495
I heard it at CanJam - standard caveats apply - I'm trying to recall all of the amps I tried it with, at least Feliks Envy, Holo Bliss, Aegis, and DCS Lina. Tried both pads they were deployed with. My takeway was it sounds like a Caldera with some bass lift. I think this extra touch of bass helps those who find the mids a bit forward, as they likely play it at a slightly lower volume. Staging was good, noise blocking was okay, I didn't ask others about leakage but it wasn't my focus. It wasn't eliminated from further consideration, which is my personal show baseline of evaluation. I'm not sure I have a use case, as I have a Caldera.
Thanks! Sounds perfect for me if it has the Caldera sound with a touch more bass!

Mar 16, 2024 at 11:56 AM Post #124 of 495
Product page for the caldera closed is writing itself:

1710579219140.png

1710579238519.png

Magma

1710579444846.jpeg

Mar 17, 2024 at 3:21 AM Post #125 of 495
I for one have learned the difference between a caldera and a volcano thanks to this thread...

That said, bring the stabilized lava version of this headphone :)

Mar 17, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #127 of 495
I for one have learned the difference between a caldera and a volcano thanks to this thread...
Here's another tidbit that some may not know....

Magma and lava are essentially the same thing. When magma breaks through the soil and is visible, it magically turns into lava.

Mar 17, 2024 at 1:41 PM Post #128 of 495

Magma and lava are essentially the same thing. When magma breaks through the soil and is visible, it magically turns into lava.
Just as a meteor magically turns into a meteorite when it hits the ground. Geology and language are amazing. :)
To stay on topic, the same magic applies to the ZMF flagship headphones: as you put them on your head, they sail you away on sound waves to a musical dimension. :)

Mar 17, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #129 of 495

I for one can’t wait to see the magmar stabilized drop.
IMG_8434.jpeg

Mar 17, 2024 at 2:29 PM Post #130 of 495
I for one can’t wait to see the magmar stabilized drop.
IMG_8434.jpeg

The downside is that you’ll need an app-based game to find them.

Mar 17, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #134 of 495

Magma is lava underground and under pressure. Lava is magma above ground, flying free & going nuts.

I always though there should be a muscle car model, "The Magmatic." I would buy that car.

(reviews we can only dream of) "The Caldera Closed has a magmatic effect on this listener"

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #135 of 495
I always though there should be a muscle car model, "The Magmatic." I would buy that car.

(reviews we can only dream of) "The Caldera Closed has a magmatic effect on this listener"
Hmmmm......a Hemi Orange wood stain.

It would be cool to have a set of cans that would match the color of my Challenger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back