ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Mar 16, 2024 at 12:01 PM Post #1,936 of 2,348
Mar 16, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #1,937 of 2,348
For those looking for a case (or waiting for ZMF to release a Bokeh case) there is a great deal on an Audeze case that looks like it might do well for the Bokeh (or other headphones). I don’t have one but have put 2 on order…

https://www.audeze.com/collections/accessories/products/aluminum-travel-case-for-lcd-5-and-crbn
Very nice and quite a bargain. I've seen somewhere that the ZMF Bokeh case will be out this month, will be 'moulded' to the shape of the Bokeh's, artificial leather and about $40--$50.

Mar 16, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #1,938 of 2,348
Those are spectacular. Did you order from the 'first batch' and then get offered this unstained variant of the limba wood? If so, good things most certainly do come to those who wait.

Yeah, I was #191 in the initial batch. Received an email a few weeks back giving me the option to switch to natural limba wood instead. Just snapped a photo outside to give you a clearer look at the colors and nuances in the wood.

JR6F2uh.jpg

Mar 16, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #1,939 of 2,348
Yeah, I was #191 in the initial batch. Received an email a few weeks back giving me the option to switch to natural limba wood instead. Just snapped a photo outside to give you a clearer look at the colors and nuances in the wood.

JR6F2uh.jpg
Thanks very much. I had been thinking about a couple of options for my next headphones, but I have to say these photos (together with the latest stellar reviews) are the convincer.

Mar 16, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #1,941 of 2,348
Am I the only one who thinks the full meshes that come with the Bokeh are too big? The perforated holes on the ones I received don't align well with the screw holes. So now my ears are touching the meshes. Looks like I'll need to drill some new holes in both meshes.

Would you mind taking a picture and DM’ing it to me? I’d like to see if there’s an issue with your mesh.

Mar 16, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #1,943 of 2,348
Am I the only one who thinks the full meshes that come with the Bokeh are too big? The perforated holes on the ones I received don't align well with the screw holes. So now my ears are touching the meshes. Looks like I'll need to drill some new holes in both meshes.
I ran into this a bit with the solid mesh on the Bokeh as well - right side was fine but left side created a bit of a lump. I got it mostly flattened down by loosening them, really holding the mesh down flat with my hand and tightening the screws back up.

Mar 16, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #1,944 of 2,348
Yea mine is like that as well and I noticed one at CanJam was also like that with the mesh popping up/not staying flat. It luckily doesn’t hit my ears though so as long as it’s not messing with the sound I figured it was fine.

Mar 16, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #1,945 of 2,348
Thanks guys! I'll hold off until I hear back from Dave. I'm having the same problem on both sides.

On a brighter note, these headphones sound absolutely amazing with the hybrid pads and the full mesh! I did notice a bit of splashiness with the hybrid pads and the stock mesh, but it's completely gone now since I switched to the full mesh.

IXxZUgf.jpg

Mar 16, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #1,946 of 2,348
Thanks guys! I'll hold off until I hear back from Dave. I'm having the same problem on both sides.

On a brighter note, these headphones sound absolutely amazing with the hybrid pads and the full mesh! I did notice a bit of splashiness with the hybrid pads and the stock mesh, but it's completely gone now since I switched to the full mesh.

IXxZUgf.jpg
Yeah that definitely seems off. Mine lies flat and the screw holes match up.

Mar 16, 2024 at 5:26 PM Post #1,947 of 2,348
Yeah that definitely seems off. Mine lies flat and the screw holes match up.

Yeah, I’m looking into it as that doesn’t seem right. Would you (or anybody else with bulging mesh) happen to have an Atrium (or other non-Bokeh ZMF)? The screw spacing for the baffle on the Bokeh is a few mm smaller in diameter, so I am guessing that you were accidentally sent Atrium solid mesh instead of Bokeh solid mesh. Either that, or the mesh was cut wrong.

Btw, if nobody minds, I might use Bulging Mesh as the name of my next band. It's going to be a throwback industrial band. It'll be great.

Mar 16, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #1,948 of 2,348

IXxZUgf.jpg
This is definitely sticking out much more than mine was. Mine was just one direction creating a bit of a hump.

Mar 16, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #1,949 of 2,348
Yeah, I’m looking into it as that doesn’t seem right. Would you (or anybody else with bulging mesh) happen to have an Atrium (or other non-Bokeh ZMF)? The screw spacing for the baffle on the Bokeh is a few mm smaller in diameter, so I am guessing that you were accidentally sent Atrium solid mesh instead of Bokeh solid mesh. Either that, or the mesh was cut wrong.

Btw, if nobody minds, I might use Bulging Mesh as the name of my next band. It's going to be a throwback industrial band. It'll be great.
It seems like some of the mesh for full sized headphones was packed in for Bokeh. We will get it squared away.

Please shoot an email to: Support@zmfheadphones.com

Subject line: Bulging Mesh

We will attend to it first thing Monday morning.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Mar 16, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #1,950 of 2,348
It seems like some of the mesh for full sized headphones was packed in for Bokeh. We will get it squared away.

Please shoot an email to: Support@zmfheadphones.com

Subject line: Bulging Mesh

We will attend to it first thing Monday morning.

Thanks Bevin, have a great weekend :wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back