ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Mar 15, 2024 at 2:33 PM Post #1,921 of 2,450
Looks like my Bokeh just arrived!
You lucked out on that wood if you ask me, that's awesome! I keep being surprised and impressed with the sound on them, I still haven't done any comparisons because I just want to listen to the Bokeh lol.

Mar 15, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #1,922 of 2,450
You lucked out on that wood if you ask me, that's awesome! I keep being surprised and impressed with the sound on them, I still haven't done any comparisons because I just want to listen to the Bokeh lol.

Yeah, thanks. I requested one with plenty of spalting on the wood, and that's exactly what I got. They sound great so far. I've experimented a bit with the tuning kit, and it seems my preference leans towards the hybrid pads with the stock vented mesh.

Mar 15, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #1,923 of 2,450
Looks like my Bokeh just arrived!

yBcBtoO.jpg

xo5h2sN.jpg
I’m praying mine looks like that!!!!!! That is stunning!!!!

Mar 15, 2024 at 2:44 PM Post #1,924 of 2,450
Yeah, thanks. I requested one with plenty of spalting on the wood, and that's exactly what I got. They sound great so far. I've experimented a bit with the tuning kit, and it seems my preference leans towards the hybrid pads with the stock vented mesh.
I did exactly the same with the wood -5 days to go….

Mar 15, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #1,926 of 2,450
Damn these look good
20240315_152640.jpg

20240315_153116.jpg

I really am such a sucker for these dark red stains/woods. I'm also amazed at how comfortable they are to wear for hours despite being quite hefty in the hand.

Mar 15, 2024 at 3:49 PM Post #1,927 of 2,450
Damn these look good
20240315_152640.jpg

20240315_153116.jpg
I really am such a sucker for these dark red stains/woods. I'm also amazed at how comfortable they are to wear for hours despite being quite hefty in the hand.

Congrats and welcome to the club, fellow Canadian! You've really captured the colors exceptionally well, it's one of the most beautiful Bokeh I've seen!

Mar 15, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #1,928 of 2,450
Damn these look good
20240315_152640.jpg

20240315_153116.jpg
Oh they are magnificent!!!!!! I LOVE red but alas I have 2 red pairs already so swapped to natural at last minute. But god they look good!!!!!!!

Mar 15, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #1,929 of 2,450
It's so awesome seeing all the excitement of new Bokeh owners! This headphone is truly something special.

The stained and unstained are both stunning, and keep the pictures coming. :grin:
Agreed, they are something special. It would be interesting to take a poll (rather than having a slew of responses) to find out the prevalence of pads and mesh/no mesh - limit the pads to protein, hybrid, and suede.

Mar 15, 2024 at 6:00 PM Post #1,930 of 2,450
Damn these look good

I feel like I can reach out and touch them the pictures are so clear. :astonished: Gorgeous pair, and pics!

Mar 15, 2024 at 10:24 PM Post #1,933 of 2,450
Hello friends,

It has passed a month since I purchased my unit from an European retailer.

In all honesty, having missed the first discounted batch, I was very skeptical purchasing it at full European price but considering it was still cheaper than most ZMF HP that always intrigued me like the Atrium, both closed and open, I took the plunge.

Oh boy, I´m so glad I did! I was impressed since the first minute. I felt right at home with its sound. Coming from the Grado family, it has a lot of similarities but stronger with the bass, and I´m a sucker for the low-end. Great mid-bass, with some sub-bass nuances, depending on the music. If only it had just a tad more sub-bass, they would be close to perfect, to me!

Still can´t put them down and they are my favorite HP from everything I tried in the past and that includes a few heavy contenders like the Meze Empyrean.

I still haven´t changed anything (cables, pads or mesh) from stock because honestly I didn´t feel the need to do so. I plan to get a Forza cable in the future, but that is about it. Since I don´t care for less bass that the protein pads provide, I´m not aware of any other configuration that, at least, keeps the bass at its stock level. If anyone finds it, please share.

Anyway, I´m so happy I took the plunge in the ZMF world, and haven´t found the need to chase after any other new shining HP since I got the bokeh, that is how good they are, for me.

I´m so happy to read about other satisfied owners. I was never much of an appreciator or even believer of fanboys groups, as I have read the ZMF community was, but I must say now that I understand why and it is not a question of being a fanboy for the sake of the brand, it is because its products are the real deal!

Well done! Too bad you are an American Company :dt880smile: , but you have a new fan on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.:pray::beerchug::L3000:

Cheers.

Mar 15, 2024 at 11:45 PM Post #1,934 of 2,450
Hello friends,

It has passed a month since I purchased my unit from an European retailer.

In all honesty, having missed the first discounted batch, I was very skeptical purchasing it at full European price but considering it was still cheaper than most ZMF HP that always intrigued me like the Atrium, both closed and open, I took the plunge.

Oh boy, I´m so glad I did! I was impressed since the first minute. I felt right at home with its sound. Coming from the Grado family, it has a lot of similarities but stronger with the bass, and I´m a sucker for the low-end. Great mid-bass, with some sub-bass nuances, depending on the music. If only it had just a tad more sub-bass, they would be close to perfect, to me!

Still can´t put them down and they are my favorite HP from everything I tried in the past and that includes a few heavy contenders like the Meze Empyrean.

I still haven´t changed anything (cables, pads or mesh) from stock because honestly I didn´t feel the need to do so. I plan to get a Forza cable in the future, but that is about it. Since I don´t care for less bass that the protein pads provide, I´m not aware of any other configuration that, at least, keeps the bass at its stock level. If anyone finds it, please share.

Anyway, I´m so happy I took the plunge in the ZMF world, and haven´t found the need to chase after any other new shining HP since I got the bokeh, that is how good they are, for me.

I´m so happy to read about other satisfied owners. I was never much of an appreciator or even believer of fanboys groups, as I have read the ZMF community was, but I must say now that I understand why and it is not a question of being a fanboy for the sake of the brand, it is because its products are the real deal!

Well done! Too bad you are an American Company :dt880smile: , but you have a new fan on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.:pray::beerchug::L3000:

Cheers.
This is my 1st ZMF too and it’s been very recently that I’ve even looked into them having been recommended them by a couple of people online.

The fanboy stuff doesn’t appeal to me either but here it kinda makes sense.

I said in an earlier post, I think it comes down to a few things having investigated further.

Essentially and especially with the Bokeh, there is now a headphone for anything you need. Open closed cheap(ish) and not cheap.

They look amazing and those special editions stabilised resin ones. (OMG)

They are made with absolute passion for us. Not some massive companies bottom line and they are hand made by Zach and his team.

It’s pretty crazy and I think he and the likes of Ryan at ModHouse deserve all the praise

while I'm not into having a huge collection of HP, once the Tungsten’s arrive, I don’t really see any point in looking elsewhere for any additions.

This is from just owning the Bokeh for 2 days and the many many YouTube reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back