ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Mar 14, 2024 at 10:50 PM Post #1,906 of 2,454
Agreed - it's just got such a nice vibe to its tuning.

Random anecdote: Often in the evening I'll be playing a game on my PC and if it's something kinda mindless I'll turn it down and have music on while I play. With my Auteurs as soon as the GPU ramps up, the interference noise is pretty audible on my Cayin HA-3A tube amp - but I've found I actually get way less noise doing this with the Bokeh despite being lower impedance and more sensitive. Combined with it being closed-back and my wife's often watching something in the same room, it's really become my go-to for this use-case.

My bokeh take

IMG_2873 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2024 at 11:04 PM Post #1,907 of 2,454
Mar 15, 2024 at 12:45 AM Post #1,908 of 2,454
Hey nice photo. I have the second gen of the Feliks Audio Echo. How did having no mesh change the sound for you compared with having them on? I just received my Bokeh.
Removing the mesh makes the them sound a bit more clear and forward in the high mid-treble region, which I like.

Mar 15, 2024 at 12:48 AM Post #1,909 of 2,454
Removing the mesh makes the them sound a bit more clear and forward in the high mid-treble region, which I like.
I will be exactly the same i reckon

Mar 15, 2024 at 12:54 AM Post #1,910 of 2,454
The taxes are 24% here and obviously your choice of courier does not affect this in any way. But those of you in the US should consider yourself lucky that you can buy ZMF headphones so cheap :wink:
Cheap? I spend $900 a month on health insurance with an $8k deductible for most needs.

Mar 15, 2024 at 1:29 AM Post #1,911 of 2,454
Cheap? I spend $900 a month on health insurance with an $8k deductible for most needs.
I don't know how my message you quoted can be interpreted as anything else than strictly speaking about buying (ZMF) headphones.

Mar 15, 2024 at 2:00 AM Post #1,912 of 2,454
Healthcare is in trouble not just in America but in the UK and Europe. It's not like folks on the other side of the pond are getting a free ride. 3 years of Covid-19, underfunded programs, overworked and underpaid healthcare employees, sounds pretty familiar no matter where you live.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/23/uk/uk-nhs-crisis-falling-apart-gbr-intl/index.html

https://www.who.int/europe/news/ite...he-bucharest-declaration-charts-a-way-forward

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2024 at 2:19 AM Post #1,913 of 2,454
My Bokeh arrived yesterday. While I have to give it some time before I can have a firm opinion of its sonic qualities, the brief listening experience is very positive. It certainly has a place in my limited collection of headphones. The build quality is beyond my expectation for being less than half the price of other ZMF offerings. I have the VC in desert ironwood which is so heavy I don't dare to bob my head to the music because I'm afraid that I'll be screaming "I've fallen and I can't get up!":darthsmile: The Bokeh is extremely comfortable to wear.

Mar 15, 2024 at 2:27 AM Post #1,914 of 2,454
My Bokeh arrived yesterday. While I have to give it some time before I can have a firm opinion of its sonic qualities, the brief listening experience is very positive. It certainly has a place in my limited collection of headphones. The build quality is beyond my expectation for being less than half the price of other ZMF offerings. I have the VC in desert ironwood which is so heavy I don't dare to bob my head to the music because I'm afraid that I'll be screaming "I've fallen and I can't get up!":darthsmile: The Bokeh is extremely comfortable to wear.
1710484028006.jpeg

Mar 15, 2024 at 8:08 AM Post #1,916 of 2,454
It's so awesome seeing all the excitement of new Bokeh owners! This headphone is truly something special.

The stained and unstained are both stunning, and keep the pictures coming. :grin:
6 days to go.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back