ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Feb 16, 2024 at 3:58 PM Post #1,486 of 2,348
It's Friday, so I had my hopes crushed when a Shop.app shipment notification on my phone popped up, thinking it was for the Bokeh. But nope, it was for a NexusGreen Multi-use Lubricant Zach recommended in another thread. Such disappointment (but hey, at least that's still useful).

Well, imagine my surprise as an hour later, I get another Shop.app notification. This time, it was actually for my Bokeh – order #1700x (12/9 3:46PM PST). Guess they must be catching up! Pretty excited to check them out soon. Kind of regretting not picking 2-day (ground usually takes a full week from ZMF), but I'll survive...

Feb 17, 2024 at 7:04 AM Post #1,488 of 2,348
Just wanted to jump in and say, for those that have an RU7 to use with their Bokeh, I highly recommend getting this OTG cable. The ddHiFi TC07S OTG (USB C - USB C) cable really lets the RU7 come alive, and adds weight, grip, nuance and power to the sound. This has been documented over and over in the RU7 thread, and I just wanted to share with you all over here as well. The RU7 with the TC07S plugged into my iMac 27" USB C port powering the Bokeh, seriously sounds like you are using a really good full sized SS amp.

There is also one with a lighting connector and USB C for those who need that, and it's called ddHiFi MFI07S OTG.

Happy Listening!

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #1,489 of 2,348
Just wanted to jump in and say, for those that have an RU7 to use with their Bokeh, I highly recommend getting this OTG cable. The ddHiFi TC07S OTG (USB C - USB C) cable really lets the RU7 come alive, and adds weight, grip, nuance and power to the sound. This has been documented over and over in the RU7 thread, and I just wanted to share with you all over here as well. The RU7 with the TC07S plugged into my iMac 27" USB C port powering the Bokeh, seriously sounds like you are using a really good full sized SS amp.

There is also one with a lighting connector and USB C for those who need that, and it's called ddHiFi MFI07S OTG.

Happy Listening!
I ordered one and just waiting for delivery which is taking a while.

Feb 17, 2024 at 12:24 PM Post #1,491 of 2,348

Happy Listening!
But I am finding that it does not sounds as vibrant using an iPhone compared to my mac with the Bokeh - could be power limitation from iPhone to RU7. IEMs don't seem to be a problem.

Feb 17, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #1,492 of 2,348
But I am finding that it does not sounds as vibrant using an iPhone compared to my mac with the Bokeh - could be power limitation from iPhone to RU7. IEMs don't seem to be a problem.
I am finding the same thing with my Samsung S22+ using UAPP, and I believe you are correct.

Feb 17, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #1,493 of 2,348

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #1,495 of 2,348
Do the guys at zmf ever answer to Mails? I am really disappointed. Waiting for a response since the 9th of February.
Honestly, any time I've written to them either recently or with prior purchases they've been very quick and responsive...maybe try resending it in case it got filtered somehow.

But man, the pressure build up as I wait for my Bokeh.... sheesh 😂

Feb 17, 2024 at 3:04 PM Post #1,497 of 2,348
All good. They immediately contacted me here. Some technical problem with the mail system. Great to have another opportunity to reach out to them here at head fi.
You could also goto the order invoice sent to you via email and click on Talk to ZMF in the lower right-hand corner and send them a message.

Feb 17, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #1,498 of 2,348
I am finding the same thing with my Samsung S22+ using UAPP, and I believe you are correc

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got my email!!! Order #17020. I'm seriously more excited about receiving the Bokeh than the Caldera and the Atrium Closed I also bought at the same time. Not saying it'll sound better, but you guys have played it up so much here that I can't wait to try it. SOOOO pumped! I have bought the RU7 already just because of what Wes was saying, too. Ordered on Dec 9, 11:55pm, if that helps anyone.
I can confirm that the RU7 is special with the Bokeh, just got mine used on Reddit for $200 and was testing compared to my Burson 3xP and I’d say it was noticeably “better”. I’m pretty shocked!

Feb 17, 2024 at 4:27 PM Post #1,499 of 2,348
for those that have an RU7

All good. They immediately contacted me here. Some technical problem with the mail system. Great to have another opportunity to reach out to them here at head fi.

I can confirm that the RU7 is special with the Bokeh,

1. Yes if for some reason you don't hear from us in 48 hrs from email - send a PM here to me or @AnyDave and we will help out!

2. We've stocked up on RU7's and the $50 off code is: RU7BNDL

If you haven't bought a ZMF before we can't get you the bundle code so we would have to charge the $40 after purchase - but otherwise you'd be good to go. The order page is here: https://shop.zmfheadphones.com/collections/amps-dacs/products/cayin-ru7

I also have a couple Cayin C9's that I can unload at $1400 shipped as we're not going to consistently carry them, but I do have two new units. It's a great transportable amp. PM if interested in that.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Feb 17, 2024 at 5:27 PM Post #1,500 of 2,348
I can confirm that the RU7 is special with the Bokeh, just got mine used on Reddit for $200 and was testing compared to my Burson 3xP and I’d say it was noticeably “better”. I’m pretty shocked!
Volume matched? That’s pretty high praise for a $200 dongle. Is the RU7 capable of line out? I would be curious to see if it is the DAC that you prefer. I haven’t heard the Burson, however I am no fan of most Sabre dacs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back