ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Feb 17, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #1,501 of 2,370
Volume matched? That’s pretty high praise for a $200 dongle. Is the RU7 capable of line out? I would be curious to see if it is the DAC that you prefer. I haven’t heard the Burson, however I am no fan of most Sabre dacs.
RU7 does have a line out function

Feb 17, 2024 at 5:57 PM Post #1,502 of 2,370
Volume matched? That’s pretty high praise for a $200 dongle. Is the RU7 capable of line out? I would be curious to see if it is the DAC that you prefer. I haven’t heard the Burson, however I am no fan of most Sabre dacs.
As best I could… I’ll try more tonight and try the line put feature but yea I haven’t been a huge fan of the Burson for my headphones at least

Feb 17, 2024 at 7:11 PM Post #1,503 of 2,370
I just got Bokeh yesterdeh, and it is definitely very dynamic. I immediately switched to the Titan mesh to calm down the Treble sizzle and get that sub-bass up. Thanks to ZMF for including the frequency response cards! I am using it with the Protein pads which gives that nightclub like sound even though the hybrid is actually pretty good, too. I am pumping some Armin van Buuren through my Enleum HPA-23RM Current output and I am loving it. It kicks hard and has amazing soundstage for its price point. To me, it blow all Hifimans out of the water even though the Arya does deliver more sub bass feel, the Bokeh just has a more enjoyable sound esp its midrange and mid bass. I will be cycling through different amps and of course will be trying the venerable RU7.

Feb 18, 2024 at 12:24 AM Post #1,504 of 2,370
Shipped yesterday afternoon, received this morning. Pays off to live close to Zach's :)

Love this thing. I'm planning on a short comparison of all my ZMFs at some point on 2-3 different amps. I don't think I'll roll pads - it'll get too complicated.

From left to right: (Nautilus 805), Caldera, Atrium Open, Auteur Classic, Atrium Closed, Bokeh

IMG_1358.jpeg

IMG_1359.jpeg

Feb 18, 2024 at 12:32 AM Post #1,505 of 2,370
Shipped yesterday afternoon, received this morning. Pays off to live close to Zach's :)

Love this thing. I'm planning on a short comparison of all my ZMFs at some point on 2-3 different amps. I don't think I'll roll pads - it'll get too complicated.

From left to right: (Nautilus 805), Caldera, Atrium Open, Auteur Classic, Atrium Closed, Bokeh

IMG_1358.jpeg

IMG_1359.jpeg
What a beautiful addition to your family! I was just wondering if I should be thinking of a Bokeh or Atrium Closed as my next closed-back option. Will be looking forward to your impressions!

Feb 18, 2024 at 12:34 AM Post #1,506 of 2,370
What a beautiful addition to your family! I was just wondering if I should be thinking of a Bokeh or Atrium Closed as my next closed-back option. Will be looking forward to your impressions!
Don't forget about the Caldera Closed. Zach posted an April/May release.

Feb 18, 2024 at 12:38 AM Post #1,507 of 2,370
Don't forget about the Caldera Closed. Zach posted an April/May release.
That sounds like trouble. I think my credit card was secretly hoping he would say the Bokeh is way better than the Atrium Closed 🤣

Feb 18, 2024 at 12:46 AM Post #1,508 of 2,370
I'll make sure to do that first. Bokeh has not been plugged in, yet. Atrium Closed has about 20 hrs on it maybe.

Feb 18, 2024 at 1:21 AM Post #1,509 of 2,370

IMG_1358.jpeg

IMG_1359.jpeg
That is a SWEET, SWEET collection of ZMFs!!!! I'm only new to the ZMF family and have VOs which are absolutely sublime and awaiting my BOkehs too (impatiently haha!!!) Enjoy!!

Feb 18, 2024 at 1:22 AM Post #1,510 of 2,370
Feb 18, 2024 at 1:30 AM Post #1,511 of 2,370
That is a SWEET, SWEET collection of ZMFs!!!! I'm only new to the ZMF family and have VOs which are absolutely sublime and awaiting my BOkehs too (impatiently haha!!!) Enjoy!!
My VOs and VCs didn't fit :) And I ran out of stands as well :)

Feb 18, 2024 at 1:47 AM Post #1,512 of 2,370
Feb 18, 2024 at 4:11 AM Post #1,515 of 2,370
Really? As far as I know they should be around 450g which is pretty much a dead average weight for headphones.

I'm not blaming the Bokeh per se as they're too heavy for me, i.e. someone who played a good amount of American football and have a sh1t work posture (which I'm working on) — not to mention that I'm picky from a comfort standpoint.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back