ZMF Auteur Thread
May 26, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #8,405 of 8,464
Despite how great the Auteur OG are, mine have been sitting for sale for months at a great price (sub-$1k) with no takers. Weird. Nobody seems to want them, except the ludicrous low ballers.
Wow, that’s a gorgeous pair at a great price. I’d jump on those if I didn’t already have a pair.

I’ve been keeping my eyes open for an Eikon at a good price in a harder wood.

May 26, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #8,409 of 8,464
Beings me nicely into a question... Those 2nd hand, a new pair of aelous for 1000 or the bokeh
Aeolus is going to be a lot darker/warmer. I haven’t heard the Bokeh but I don’t love that it’s lower impedance.

Auteur OG is amazing and a great introduction to ZMF IMO.

May 26, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #8,410 of 8,464
Aeolus is going to be a lot darker/warmer. I haven’t heard the Bokeh but I don’t love that it’s lower impedance.

Auteur OG is amazing and a great introduction to ZMF IMO.
Thanks.. it's all part of the fun I guess. I just need to get it right, I am running out of wife credits on new purchases. The auteur are very appealing, I just have suspicions about that pair

May 26, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #8,411 of 8,464
Received a Musician Draco and Feliks Audio Echo Mkii in recent weeks, and it has me glued to my Auteur OGs since then. I have had the Auteurs for a while now and liked them, but found myself gravitating to others in my collection more often - but now that have rocketed up to the top of rotation*****. Truly exceptional headphones, and bring something beautiful to the experience of listening to- and being transported by - music.
***** the spell 🪄cast by a good R2R DAC, higher output impedance tube h/p/a, with a great high impedance headphone !! 🤪

May 26, 2024 at 2:05 PM Post #8,412 of 8,464
These wouldn't be the UK based pair on eBay would they? If so, I pinged you a message earlier
Nope US seller here.
Maybe nobody likes teak? idk, sure looks pretty to me! IMHO the used market for headphones above $500 has gotten drier and drier since the end of covid lock down. It's odd. Buying/selling anything hobby related after covid has really felt different. Before it seemed like you could buy and sell just about anything at a respectable price, now it's like some things sell and some things don't. I bought a used pair of LCD-3's last year for $650 and I wish I kept them, cause there isn't a single LCD-3 available less than a grand now. Just an odd time in the market, and I think you should just wait a few more months and maybe drop to $800 after that. My Wenge OG was $850 this time last year.
Agreed, the market likely isn't great. It's really OK. I'm not desperate to sell these, but they're just sitting in their case not getting used. Worst case is that I keep a thoroughly excellent set of headphones.

May 26, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #8,413 of 8,464
Nope US seller here.

Agreed, the market likely isn't great. It's really OK. I'm not desperate to sell these, but they're just sitting in their case not getting used. Worst case is that I keep a thoroughly excellent set of headphones.
... plus the joy of rediscovery when they get some 'headtime' in the rotation ... 😲

May 26, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #8,414 of 8,464
***** the spell 🪄cast by a good R2R DAC, higher output impedance tube h/p/a, with a great high impedance headphone !! 🤪
Oh man, that is so true. There is a magic that unfolds when the synergy is there- hard to explain but a great "feeling" in all senses of the world.

I am firmly at the level I hope to stay at for quite a while, and will be culling some of my other items...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back