ZMF Auteur Thread
Jul 15, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #6,556 of 8,427
Upgrade order #9136

Jul 15, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #6,559 of 8,427
Wow, I never seen that although I’m a recent new ZMF owner. I woul almost think someone else may have tinkered just because I doubt Zach would allow that to go out the door.
Obviously the upgrade of your do it will correct that but perhaps someone here with more authority could answer the question.
Yeah I sent my concerns to ZMF support, awaiting an answer. Didn't notice it in the shop but looks shoddy for brand new.. was even told this was a limited edition for a premium price where upon further inspection its just a dark stain ambrosia - which I don't think is limited edition? Worried.. (cable was broken too)

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #6,560 of 8,427
Yikes, well best of luck. Yeah might not be a bad idea at all to let Zach & Co. put their hands on those. It really irritates me when “sellers” misrepresent what they’re offering up for sale.
I find it best to just ask a lot of questions and always ask for additional images up close and personal.
I go way out of my way to provide clear pics and info for anything I sell. This hobby is actually a small world but there’s a lot of unscrupulous people out there masquerading as respectful fellow audiophiles.

Jul 15, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #6,561 of 8,427
Upgrade order #9136
#9118! I did mine pretty fast when it went up this morning. If all of the orders in between were upgrades you just made the 20!

Jul 15, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #6,562 of 8,427
Yikes, well best of luck. Yeah might not be a bad idea at all to let Zach & Co. put their hands on those. It really irritates me when “sellers” misrepresent what they’re offering up for sale.
I find it best to just ask a lot of questions and always ask for additional images up close and personal.
I go way out of my way to provide clear pics and info for anything I sell. This hobby is actually a small world but there’s a lot of unscrupulous people out there masquerading as respectful fellow audiophiles.
Oh this wasn’t second hand. This was from an official ZMF dealer..

Jul 15, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #6,565 of 8,427
#9118! I did mine pretty fast when it went up this morning. If all of the orders in between were upgrades you just made the 20!
Would have done it sooner myself except for that darn work thing.

Jul 15, 2022 at 2:52 PM Post #6,566 of 8,427
Wow, I never seen that although I’m a recent new ZMF owner. I woul almost think someone else may have tinkered just because I doubt Zach would allow that to go out the door.
Obviously the upgrade of your do it will correct that but perhaps someone here with more authority could answer the question.
@Durkelphone - FYI, answered your Auteur/ZMF questions posted to my old Echo ad, feel free to PM me with any further Qs.

Jul 15, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #6,568 of 8,427
Yeah I sent my concerns to ZMF support, awaiting an answer. Didn't notice it in the shop but looks shoddy for brand new.. was even told this was a limited edition for a premium price where upon further inspection its just a dark stain ambrosia - which I don't think is limited edition? Worried.. (cable was broken too)

Thanks for writing in about this. We (ZMF) will reach out to the dealer to try to get clarity and help for you. You should have a working cable, a headphone in good shape, and your item represented correctly. We will raise the concern and make sure it is addressed. I will follow up in email to make sure we are working together on this. Please look for an email from bevin@zmfheadphones.com in your inbox. Thanks for being a ZMF owner-- we are always here to work with you!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jul 15, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #6,569 of 8,427
Thanks for writing in about this. We (ZMF) will reach out to the dealer to try to get clarity and help for you. You should have a working cable, a headphone in good shape, and your item represented correctly. We will raise the concern and make sure it is addressed. I will follow up in email to make sure we are working together on this. Please look for an email from bevin@zmfheadphones.com in your inbox. Thanks for being a ZMF owner-- we are always here to work with you!
And THAT’S how you execute great customer service… 👏:L3000:
(ZMF Fan for Life)

Jul 15, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #6,570 of 8,427
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back