ZMF Auteur Thread
Feb 2, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #3,691 of 8,305
My Auteurs will be singing the Grateful Dead tonight, likely a selection from E '72. What is this "Sooper Bowel" of which some of you speak?

Feb 2, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #3,692 of 8,305
LOL, I believe Dover Plains, NY is in the United States... no Jets or Giants this year but Hey, there is always next year :wink:

Feb 2, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #3,693 of 8,305
LOL, I believe Dover Plains, NY is in the United States... no Jets or Giants this year but Hey, there is always next year :wink:
hahaha. I forgot to addy the snarky face. truth I don't care much for pro sports. And to correct my previous post, I'm giving my Auteurs (both of them) the night off. The wife is out, so I get to blast my speaks!!!! And Tangerine Dream is filling my cave.

Feb 2, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #3,694 of 8,305
OMG Chiefs win! I know it was my Mahomes jersey I'm wearing and my Auteurs that swung the momentum :beyersmile:

Feb 3, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #3,695 of 8,305
OMG Chiefs win! I know it was my Mahomes jersey I'm wearing and my Auteurs that swung the momentum :beyersmile:
Well done Sir! Do you get a winner's share?

Feb 3, 2020 at 3:22 AM Post #3,696 of 8,305
Feb 3, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #3,697 of 8,305
Victory is it's own reward :football::heart_eyes:
Well, I was disappointed. But not as badly as my kids, who are both Seattle fans -- they claim they were robbed :)

Feb 3, 2020 at 4:39 AM Post #3,698 of 8,305
Well, I was disappointed. But not as badly as my kids, who are both Seattle fans -- they claim they were robbed :)
LOL, as a Chiefs fan since being a little one, I can relate to them.

Feb 3, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #3,699 of 8,305
I'm old enough to remember a few of the 1970 players. Hank Stram was the head coach, Len Dawson was QB, and Jan Stenerud was the kicker. that's about it

Feb 3, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #3,700 of 8,305
...Hank Stram was the head coach...
Look up 'Football Head Coach' -- there's Hank Stram's picture. Just absolutely looked the part :)

Feb 3, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #3,701 of 8,305
I have a pretty good memory of the teams from the late 60's into the early 70's. Remember when George Allen jumped ship from LA and took a bunch of Rams with him over to the Skins? :wink:

Feb 7, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #3,702 of 8,305
What's this, a whole page without any Auteur pics? Problem solved!

Just arrived today. Zebrawood LTD with rose gold and copper cable joining the rest of the ZMF family here--Aeolous Sapele, Verite Silkwood, and Manchurian Ash Atticus, all suede versions. Haven't burned them in, which may not be needed as these aren't 100% new.

It's really difficult to capture the correct color and beauty of the rose gold. I think it will pop more as the wood darkens. They're all really works of art.IMG_1683.jpegIMG_1680.jpegIMG_1678.jpegIMG_1686.jpegIMG_1687.jpeg

Immediately recognized the ZMF house sound and was also pleasantly surprised at how differently they present music compared to the Verite, even on a relatively simple song like Hey Jude. I think I now have every perforated suede pad variant so will play around with all of those after some time with Auteur suede perf.
So beautiful! I have the same ZMF cable (with different sleeving) and I love it.

Feb 7, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #3,703 of 8,305
My Auteurs will be singing the Grateful Dead tonight, likely a selection from E '72. What is this "Sooper Bowel" of which some of you speak?
Saw your post a while back (believe it was you) where you said the Auteurs are the best headphones for the Dead and I have to agree - I haven't heard better. Most of my listening is live recordings of Phish and Grateful Dead and the Auteurs are exceptional. Was listening to 8/27/72 earlier... just wow!

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #3,704 of 8,305
When I listen to the Dead (no idea what this "Phish" is of what you speak :wink: ), I always reach for the Auteurs. I think Jerry deserves the best!

Feb 8, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #3,705 of 8,305
I have seen so many comments about the affinity the Auteurs have for tube amps, that I am in the queue for a Glenn OTL. In the mean time I saw a used Loxjie P20 for sale in this forum and snagged it, just to keep me distracted on my Glenn wait :) . Luckily, I had already ordered an upgrade power supply for (1.5 amps vs, 5 amps) because as it turned out the amp was DOA and I was hoping the problem was the power supply. It was. The seller had been willing to refund, no problem, but I really wanted it to work out. My initial impressions were quite positive, it sounded pretty good when ABing against my Monolith 887.

Today, earlier than anticipated, the upgrade tubes arrived (6N3P-DR NOS from Russia). Brand new with no burn-in, they do make a difference. Gave the amp more authority on bass, and seems more detailed. I am impressed right now that this inexpensive tube amp can sound so good! It's a good pairing with the HD6XX, but the Auteurs seem to love this amp.

I now have $92.00 total invested in this little baby, and I truly cannot imagine getting anything better than I am experiencing right now in this price range. It feels like it is driving my Auteur's better than my Monolith 887. That is impressive. I need to do a lot more listening to be definitive about it, but heck, just that my first impressions are in this ballpark amazes me.

I am now just trying to imagine how my Auteurs will sound with a Glenn OTL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back