ZMF Auteur Thread
Oct 10, 2019 at 2:07 AM Post #3,451 of 8,309
To me the Auteur pads have just the right amount of bass, in my system, and in contrast to my other pair of headphones (the HD800) which I would switch over to for classical and jazz (I split vocal recordings between the two, depending on mood). No pad is going to make the Auteur better than the HD800 for spacious recordings. Also if the Verite pads have less bass than the Auteur pads that’s a no-go for me.

Indeed, other than IEMs, I’ve never come across a headphone that can be tuned to this degree with a pad swap. It’s a neat trick, even though I generally keep the Auteur pads on and swap headphones when required.
Yes, the verite pads has even less bass than auteur pads.

Oct 10, 2019 at 2:11 AM Post #3,452 of 8,309
Yes, the verite pads has even less bass than auteur pads.
Thanks, that's definitely a no-go for me then. That deep Auteur bass rumble is what this headphone is all about for me. That and the mids. They exemplify the beauty of biocellulose dynamics.

Oct 10, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #3,454 of 8,309
Oct 10, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #3,455 of 8,309
While on pad discussion, I have heard great things about the eikon suede perforated with the Auteur, will be trying out and reporting back once my Auteur is back (took some unfortunate damage recently). I personally enjoyed the sound of perforated eikon lambskin when comparing to stock, but did not think the sacrifices in soundstage/air/detail was worth it. Excited to test out the suede version as I have really enjoyed suede pads with the Aeolus.

Oct 10, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #3,456 of 8,309
Question for Auteur owners. On my pair, the left grill assembly is a bit loose, and if I put any pressure on it (like just picking it up), it pushes inward. I can easily pull it back with my finger nails, but I'd prefer it fit snuggly. Anyone else have this issue? I don't want to glue it in place, mainly 'cause I'm hoping that one of these days, Zach will offer up alternate grill assemblies (different finishes) as available accessories! Any suggestions for a quick "non-glue" remedy?

Thanks in advance!!!

Oct 10, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #3,457 of 8,309
While on pad discussion, I have heard great things about the eikon suede perforated with the Auteur, will be trying out and reporting back once my Auteur is back (took some unfortunate damage recently). I personally enjoyed the sound of perforated eikon lambskin when comparing to stock, but did not think the sacrifices in soundstage/air/detail was worth it. Excited to test out the suede version as I have really enjoyed suede pads with the Aeolus.
I look forward to your impressions of suede Eikon pads with Auteur. Thanks, @Inoculator!

Nov 6, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #3,458 of 8,309
Hi everyone, I'm new to this thread but look forward to joining the discussion. I just received my teak Auteur today at work. I unfortunately won't be able to listen to them until I get home but will be very interested in comparing them to my Aeolus and HD800S.

Nov 6, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #3,459 of 8,309
My advice, start coughing up a lung, tell your boss you don't want to spread your germs around the office, and head home with you package tucked under your arm!!!!

Nov 6, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #3,460 of 8,309
I would seriously consider doing that, had I not already had similar symptoms about 2-3 weeks ago. :)

I actually intended to listen to these today at work but forgot my 1/4" to 3.5 mm adapter!

Nov 6, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #3,461 of 8,309
dude, one word RELAPSE!!!!!

all kidding aside, congrats on the Auteurs. I love my teaks! (yeah, that almost sounds a bit pervy)

Nov 6, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #3,462 of 8,309
My advice, start coughing up a lung, tell your boss you don't want to spread your germs around the office, and head home with you package tucked under your arm!!!!

My sick days were used up legitimately in February when I had inflammatory pneumonia in both lungs, so I would never fake a sick day. I prefer to keep my income flowing to fund new stuff.

Nov 6, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #3,464 of 8,309
doing it right now with some old time Grand Funk Railroad! from one geezer to another!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back