ZMF Auteur Thread
Jun 20, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #3,241 of 8,336
The same could be said for a car. When you're in it and driving it, you don't know what it looks like (or how clean it is outside, etc.). But many people find value in the aesthetics (I know I do). If you don't, that's great for you and if others do, it's great for them. Personally, I don't stare at my headphones, nor do I stare at my cars, but I certainly admire them when I see them.

I guess staring would be the wrong wording because then your headphone might feel objectified.

Jun 20, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #3,242 of 8,336
I never see my ZMF headphones until prior and after use since I keep them in the case due to not trusting our four cats.

Jun 20, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #3,244 of 8,336
every time i take them off and stick them on my stand i give them a long look. also as the day goes on and the light changes, i look at them, as the hue changes with the light. i also occasionally just hold them without the cables attached because i find the texture of the wood so fascinating. i personally love quality woodwork, and this is very high quality woodwork.

Do you do anything specific to maintain them? I've seen some recommend Howard Orange Oil Cleaner / Beeswax Polish but I've been hesitant to apply anything lest I damage them.

Jun 20, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #3,245 of 8,336
Do you do anything specific to maintain them? I've seen some recommend Howard Orange Oil Cleaner / Beeswax Polish but I've been hesitant to apply anything lest I damage them.
nope, just store them in the case when not in use. i keep them at home and transport them to the office daily (don't trust leaving them unattended at the office). i havent cleaned them or polished them or applied anything to them. the wood doesnt seem dry or distressed in any way.

Jun 20, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #3,246 of 8,336
Jun 20, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #3,247 of 8,336

I use this twice a year and have had nothing but great results....my cans looks and sound as good as the day that I received them.
Martin's guitar polish would work great also, since Zach recommends that.

DSC01170.JPG

DSC00703.JPG

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #3,249 of 8,336
I use this twice a year and have had nothing but great results....my cans looks and sound as good as the day that I received them.

WOW! Those look incredible!

Jun 20, 2019 at 7:27 PM Post #3,250 of 8,336
Thanks guys !!
Nice looking pair! I love when the grain goes different directions, on each cup. When it is like this, no matter what angle you are looking at them, the grain pops, on one cup or the other. My Aeolus are like this, and I love it.
same for me , told Zach mismatching ain't a problem for me , even if it was in the color itself in fact .

@Psy974
I see. That's also a very nice cable. I might personally prefer pure copper for auteur though because to me auteur is inherently a bit bright. But that's me. Currently using atmos-c for my auteur.
will try it with the Vali cable too :wink:
but went for silver since i already had copper with the vali og cable

Jun 20, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #3,252 of 8,336
For those that question staring at their zmfs the question is, do you respect wood?

Jun 21, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #3,253 of 8,336

Based on your beautiful results I may give it a try. Can you share which Howard product that is? They offer quite a few varieties.

Thank you, whirlwind!

Jun 21, 2019 at 4:53 AM Post #3,254 of 8,336
Jun 21, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #3,255 of 8,336

Those're some awesome red Bolos!! Love how the grain contrasts with the underlying wood colour :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back