ZMF Atrium Closed
May 15, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #1,006 of 3,217
How do you think the Decware compares to the Feliks Euforia Evo?

I haven’t had more than a few minutes at CanJam with the EVO and the AC in show conditions. I thought it was fantastic. I didn’t have a chance to compare it with the Decware in the same chain. The Decware I’ve had for months and can very comfortably recommend it. I will try the EVO again at CanJam Chicago next month and happy to share comparative notes.

May 17, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #1,007 of 3,217
Listened to this album last night with the AC. Truly spectacular!

RoonShareImage-638199314786957576.png

May 17, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #1,008 of 3,217
Received my Atrium Closed today.

Absolutely blown away after the first 5h session with Bliss & Holo May. The headphone does eveything right to my ear, there is good detail not far behind Caldera, great stage (how is it possible with closed back?), great decay (something I missed a bit with Caldera and Verite probably because of their speed) and most importantly the body that Atrium Closed gives to every note and how tactile it is with visceral focused bass slam. I couldnt listen to stoner / desert / space rock and psychodelic stuff on Caldera like I can with Atrium now. I cant recall being so excited about a new headphone for quite some time, no brain burn in required this time :) This thing is pure fun. Very curious how it will evolve with burn in and how it will perform on HA-3A compared to Bliss.

Last edited:
May 17, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #1,009 of 3,217
Absolutely blown away after the first 5h session with Bliss & Holo May. The headphone does eveything right to my ear, there is good detail not far behind Caldera, great stage (how is it possible with closed back?), great decay (something I missed a bit with Caldera and Verite probably because of their speed) and most importantly the body that Atrium Closed gives to every note and how tactile it is with visceral focused bass slam.
Congratulations and thanks for sharing that insight!

Out of curiosity, what wood type is your Atrium Closed?

May 18, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #1,010 of 3,217
Loving the A/B experience with the Atrium Closed on these two portable sources with highly contrasting sound signatures.

3E542FA6-28AE-40DF-8AEE-BCCA258AF624.jpeg

Something I love about ZMFs is the extent to which sources tweak the flavor of their headphones.

On the Chord Hugo 2, the AC is quicker in transients, highly resolving, with a deep layered stage. On the Sony WM1ZM2, the AC slams hard while sounding unabashedly analog.

Last edited:
May 18, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #1,011 of 3,217
Congratulations and thanks for sharing that insight!

Out of curiosity, what wood type is your Atrium Closed?
Maple Burl Stabilized :)

There was a limited drop for german ZMF vendor for the High End fair in Munich this week, was lucky enough to get one.

May 18, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #1,012 of 3,217
Loving the A/B experience with the AC on these two portable sources with highly contrasting sound signatures.

3E542FA6-28AE-40DF-8AEE-BCCA258AF624.jpeg

Something I love about ZMFs is the extent to which sources tweak the flavor of their headphones.

On the Chord Hugo 2, the AC is quicker in transients, highly resolving, with a deep layered stage. On the Sony WM1ZM2, the AC slams hard while sounding unabashedly analog.
Have you tried to compare AC vs TOTL iems such as Jewel or others? I mean most use case at home are the same. I am curious. Trying to decide get a Jewel or AC.

May 18, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #1,014 of 3,217
Ok guys, I’m try this whole new manifesting thing and really put my all into it in hopes my AC will ship today 😂

Received my Atrium Closed today.

Absolutely blown away after the first 5h session with Bliss & Holo May. The headphone does eveything right to my ear, there is good detail not far behind Caldera, great stage (how is it possible with closed back?), great decay (something I missed a bit with Caldera and Verite probably because of their speed) and most importantly the body that Atrium Closed gives to every note and how tactile it is with visceral focused bass slam. I couldnt listen to stoner / desert / space rock and psychodelic stuff on Caldera like I can with Atrium now. I cant recall being so excited about a new headphone for quite some time, no brain burn in required this time :) This thing is pure fun. Very curious how it will evolve with burn in and how it will perform on HA-3A compared to Bliss.

Since we have both have the Bliss - have you tried the AC in HI Z and LO Z? Which do you prefer if so?

May 18, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #1,015 of 3,217
Ok guys, I’m try this whole new manifesting thing and really put my all into it in hopes my AC will ship today 😂

Since we have both have the Bliss - have you tried the AC in HI Z and LO Z? Which do you prefer if so?

Hi-Z sounded slightly more spacious so going with that for now. Gl with todays shipment :D

May 18, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #1,016 of 3,217
Hi-Z sounded slightly more spacious so going with that for now. Gl with todays shipment :D
Awesome - my VC only gets played in HI Z so I was figuring the AC would benefit from the same mode :)

May 18, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #1,018 of 3,217
Feels like I'm being trolled. Just received an email from ZMF and in the preview saw the words AC. Rushed to open the email to find that its a marketing email about the AC :sweat_smile:

May 18, 2023 at 7:39 PM Post #1,019 of 3,217
The best sounding setup(to me) I heard at Can Jam was Atrium closed/Feliks Audio Evo. I went to Can Jam specifically to hear the Envy, but in the end Susvara/Expanse on the Envy didn't impress me as much as Atrium closed/Evo. Very magical sounding combo.
Do you remember what version (wood) of the Atrium Closed that you paired with the EVO?

May 18, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #1,020 of 3,217
Do you remember what version (wood) of the Atrium Closed that you paired with the EVO?
I just bought an Olivewood AC and an Evo and they sound....about how you would expect. The Evo should be the best tube amp, if not the best amp period, on the planet for most ZMFs because it is "end game" OTL. The Envy is a transformer coupled tube amp, which is great for Planars, but the transformer does nothing for high impedance dynamic driver headphones, besides reduce the benefit of tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back