ZMF Atrium Closed - the latest closed back headphone from ZMF
Jun 20, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #1,367 of 3,119
deleted as post I'm replying to was deleted

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #1,368 of 3,119
Yep I tried both the XLR and 1/4, both doing the same thing. I hope this thing isn't personal because i asked a question about QC earlier. I really just want my headphones i paid good money on.
Shoot ZMF support an email at support@zmfheadphones.com

They always try to take care of the customer the best they can.

Jun 20, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #1,369 of 3,119
Yeah, those are nothing to worry about.

Lovey pair you got -- I bet those will look really sweet here in a few years (I love the aged cherry look).
My AO are natural/unaged cherry, and have had them for a little less than a year now, and the wood has changed significantly, and for the better imo - they actually are getting more beautiful as time goes by.

Jun 20, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #1,370 of 3,119
Wow.... I just plugged them in and the left side is barely audible.... When the drums play, it only plays up to 2/10 volume and does a soft thud. Completely unbalanced on one side it looks like. The left side doesn't even work properly at all.

And i just A/B with my Focal Utopia... My Focal Utopia plays perfectly fine out of my source but the left side on my Atrium isn't working properly at all. The volume is a lot more muted compared to the right side. So disappointed that I can't even try them out since the left side doesn't work. I know I had made a comment about the quality control but damn i didn't think it'd come back to bite me.
Do not worry about it, contact Zach and he will take care the problem. I am the one that opened the can of worms about QC, I received my replacement in 2 weeks and burning them in right now. It is a beautiful set and really enjoy it.
PXL_20230619_153045894 (2).jpg

Jun 20, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #1,371 of 3,119
Do not worry about it, contact Zach and he will take care the problem. I am the one that opened the can of worms about QC, I received my replacement in 2 weeks and burning them in right now. It is a beautiful set and really enjoy it.PXL_20230619_153045894 (2).jpg
That pair is absolutely stunning. Incredible flow in the grain.

Jun 20, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #1,373 of 3,119
Yep I tried both the XLR and 1/4, both doing the same thing. I hope this thing isn't personal because i asked a question about QC earlier. I really just want my headphones i paid good money on.
We always enjoy fielding all sorts of questions and try to be upfront and in good communication with our owners. In fact, we try to make a bunch of youtube videos on all of the things we think potential owners might be interested in. We kind of want you to be over informed even!

I can assure you that we seek to put out great headphones in every shipment. If something comes up; we are here and ready to help sort through it.

Diagnosing sonic items can be a tricky virtual troubleshoot with all of the components involved, so I know we got you a label to check it out ourselves.

I do hope we can earn your trust in our service as I can assure you, we will be here looking to support you and trying to make sure you are listening peacefully (or rocking out if you prefer!) in no time flat.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jun 20, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #1,374 of 3,119
I do hope we can earn your trust in our service as I can assure you, we will be here looking to support you and trying to make sure you are listening peacefully (or rocking out if you prefer!) in no time flat.

ZMF engagement and service are simply unparalleled

Jun 20, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #1,375 of 3,119
Do not worry about it, contact Zach and he will take care the problem. I am the one that opened the can of worms about QC, I received my replacement in 2 weeks and burning them in right now. It is a beautiful set and really enjoy it.PXL_20230619_153045894 (2).jpg
I was amazed at how your new pair turned out and i was happy you got such a stunning pair in the end. I just dropped mine off at Fedex to get it inspected by Zach.

I think i may be the only one to get a dud here lol im not sure how mine had issues on arrival. I havent even seen anyone post anything EVER with issues with their drivers so i may just be that unlucky lol

Jun 20, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #1,376 of 3,119
That looks like mineral streaks to me. It's part of makes wood interesting.

Edit, added a picture of a guitar with mineral streaks for reference:

37342803636_55fde9f36a_k.jpg
I think i need a lesson on wood because thats pretty normal now i look at it on a guitar.

I think everyones stunning pair is blowing my expectations out of the water lol. Im just gonna humble myself now and be happy with just a working pair. Excuse me yall

Jun 20, 2023 at 7:53 PM Post #1,377 of 3,119
I was amazed at how your new pair turned out and i was happy you got such a stunning pair in the end. I just dropped mine off at Fedex to get it inspected by Zach.

I think i may be the only one to get a dud here lol im not sure how mine had issues on arrival. I havent even seen anyone post anything EVER with issues with their drivers so i may just be that unlucky lol
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/zmf...-back-headphone-from-zmf.966989/post-17578439

If you check out 20 or so pages back you’ll see that I had issues with mine.
Shipped em back and the drivers were replaced. Got em back just under a week ago. They’re working perfectly now and sound amazing!
So yes it’s a bit of a bummer after waiting to get them but the ZMF team will definitely get you situated and happy in the end.

Jun 20, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #1,378 of 3,119

ZMF has very good customer service. I remembered sending in a pair of Auteur for service and for some reasons the ear pad on one of the cup got loose during shipping back to me and caused damage to the mesh. Bevin quickly sent out a replacement.

The only terrible thing is that you have to wait for the repair. I love my replacement, it is one of a kind pattern that i have not seen on any Olive pair. Still burning in for about 15 hours, so far the mid is still a little bit recessed, sound stage is wide but not deep enough, separation of instruments not as clear as Auteur or VC, but it got the best bass. It needs more time to burn in before fully functional.

Jun 20, 2023 at 10:39 PM Post #1,379 of 3,119
One of my favorite albums, listening to Eva Cassidy's "Live At Blues Alley" this evening, trying the recent remastered 25th anniversary edition (which I haven't yet listened to).

If there were a music for which the AC + Decware/ZMF OTL combo was made for, it would be this kind of small club, live venue, acoustic music.

Just... spectacular. Grateful for my armchair this evening ❤️

1687314948255.png

Attachments

• 1687314908578.png
    1687314908578.png
    231.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 21, 2023 at 12:37 AM Post #1,380 of 3,119
Testing the AC out with guitar driven/heavy music and I really, really like it. Similar to the AO, guitars are so well represented on the AC. Full sounding, raw, great separation and just real. Been going back to the epic Blackwater Park album by Opeth (20th Anniversary Edition) and really enjoying how it's being represented.

1687322125678.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back