ZMF Atrium Closed
May 27, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #1,111 of 3,180
Love everything about my Eikons especially since I've been traveling with them the last month, but what I heard at Can Jam from Atrium closed was another level up. It may have been the amplification, but it was special. I have an Atrium Open and there's a clarity/detail difference but the tuning on the Eikons is so special that they coexist wonderfully.

Longer break in of biocellulose drivers is very real-they're much tougher than other drivers in my experience and that's the reason I prefer them over others (I'm a DJ and I get high volume regularly), BUT once they're sounding great you're in for a treat.

Attachments

• IMG_1740.jpeg
    IMG_1740.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 27, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #1,112 of 3,180
May 27, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #1,113 of 3,180
AC are about 80 miles away since Friday, but FedEx won’t be delivering until Tuesday.

I strongly dislike FedEx and much prefer UPS.

May 27, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #1,114 of 3,180
Love everything about my Eikons especially since I've been traveling with them the last month, but what I heard at Can Jam from Atrium closed was another level up. It may have been the amplification, but it was special. I have an Atrium Open and there's a clarity/detail difference but the tuning on the Eikons is so special that they coexist wonderfully.

Longer break in of biocellulose drivers is very real-they're much tougher than other drivers in my experience and that's the reason I prefer them over others (I'm a DJ and I get high volume regularly), BUT once they're sounding great you're in for a treat.
Very cool! Out of curiosity, what was the amplification you heard the ACs on at CanJam?

May 27, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #1,115 of 3,180
I have 6703 trance tracks in my collection, good for over 38 days (according to Roon) of non-stop listening without repeating a single track. In my younger days I made my living as a DJ, but these days my trance collection mostly remains just for nostalgia sake and rarely gets listened to.
That all changed when the AC dropped. I've never heard another headphone do what the AC does for trance. The layering and depth of the stage gives trance a hyper dimensional quality that trance was made for, and when that bass kicks in.....OH MY!

Even if you're not into psy, goa or progressive trance, give some of these tracks a listen just to hear the 3Dness, staging and type of bass response that the AC is capable of.

May 27, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #1,116 of 3,180
I received my headphones today. They are truly a work of art! And it sounds amazing.

I am not as gifted as some of you in describing sound but the things that stood out the most to me is the clarity and overall balance of the music. And oh that bass! And it’s not even broken in yet.

Also it’s the most comfortable set of headphones I’ve ever worn. 500gms seems like a lot but I don’t notice it on my head. It just feels like it’s floating.

Alas, I have come across an issue with them. When I am listening to them, after about 10-15 mins, the right channel gets dimmer and then cuts out entirely and ends up with no sound. The left side continues playing with no issues. If I crank up the volume more then the right side crackles and then the sound kicks back in. But then 10-15 mins later the right channel cuts out again.

Initially I thought it may be the cable. So I tested both cables that came with the headphones and the issue occurred using both cables. I also then swapped the cable to my Audeze LCD-X cable that I know for sure works and also get the same results.

To take it one step further I swapped amps just to see and the issue happens on both my tube amp and my solid state amp.

After waiting 4 weeks I am a little heartbroken as I was looking forward to a long weekend of listening but alas.

I have emailed ZMF of my findings and am waiting to hear back. Understandably being a long weekend I’m not expecting to hear back till midweek next week at the earliest.

Last edited:
May 27, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #1,118 of 3,180
Their customer service is excellent. You don’t have to worry about that.
Oh I am definitely not worried. I have every confidence that I will be well taken care of. Just feeling a bit disappointed that it’s back to more waiting now

May 27, 2023 at 11:51 PM Post #1,120 of 3,180
I have 6703 trance tracks in my collection, good for over 38 days (according to Roon) of non-stop listening without repeating a single track. In my younger days I made my living as a DJ, but these days my trance collection mostly remains just for nostalgia sake and rarely gets listened to.
That all changed when the AC dropped. I've never heard another headphone do what the AC does for trance. The layering and depth of the stage gives trance a hyper dimensional quality that trance was made for, and when that bass kicks in.....OH MY!

Even if you're not into psy, goa or progressive trance, give some of these tracks a listen just to hear the 3Dness, staging and type of bass response that the AC is capable of.
Nice tracks, these sound sublime on the AO too. I was into trance and euro-techno back in the late 90's/turn of the millennium when I was stationed in the UK with the Air Force. Good times at the dance clubs in Norwich and pub-crawling. Collected a lot of Ministry of Sound compilation CD's during that time and that'll be fun to revisit.

May 28, 2023 at 12:46 AM Post #1,121 of 3,180
Oh I am definitely not worried. I have every confidence that I will be well taken care of. Just feeling a bit disappointed that it’s back to more waiting now
I believe we sent a return label over so we can check it out. This is definitely odd behavior and not something I've really seen. We'll figure it out quickly.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
May 28, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #1,122 of 3,180
I believe we sent a return label over so we can check it out. This is definitely odd behavior and not something I've really seen. We'll figure it out quickly.
Yup. I got the return label. Gonna be sending it off first thing Tuesday.
Thanks for the quick turnaround

May 28, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #1,123 of 3,180

Just when I had made up my mind to go with the Caldera as my next purchase, I read this post and now the AC is back at the top of my list. :scream: After reading your enthusiastic post one after the other about this headphone, and being a basshead/stage addict myself I have decided I just have to hear that bass, and staging asap. There's a good chance there will be an AC in my near future... :grin:

These tracks are fun as heck with my VC's by the way, and I really dig the track Photosynthesis by Carbon Based Lifeforms. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
May 28, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #1,124 of 3,180
Just when I had made up my mind to go with the Caldera as my next purchase, I read this post and now the AC is back at the top of my list. :scream: After reading your enthusiastic post one after the other about this headphone, and being a basshead/stage addict myself I have decided I just have to hear that bass, and staging asap. There's a good chance there will be an AC in my near future... :grin:

These tracks are fun as heck with my VC's by the way, and I really dig the track Photosynthesis by Carbon Based Lifeforms. Thanks for sharing!
I go back and forth daily as to which is my favorite. I see both in your future Wes 😉

May 28, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #1,125 of 3,180
I go back and forth daily as to which is my favorite. I see both in your future Wes 😉
Feel pretty much the same. Caldera and AC compliment each other perfectly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back