ZMF Atrium Closed - the latest closed back headphone from ZMF
Jun 2, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #1,216 of 3,122
Now that’s what I needed to kick off my weekend!

Taking a flight tomorrow with my wife for a few days time off and will download some of these to refresh my playlist. Thanks 🙏😁

Watched Spider-man Across the Spider-verse yesterday and its soundtrack is so good. Listening through Atrium Open, the bass hits hard, I can only imagine how it’ll sound with the Atrium Closed.

Very cool! Need to go watch this movie now..

Too many to mention. Pretty much anything of the American beauty and Workingman’s Dead albums. However, with that said, it’s really their live stuff that sounds great. Unfortunately not necessarily the best produced.

Thanks!

It's Funky Friday!

That made me smile :)

They mix several genres like jazz, blues, surf, torch songs all into one, and their vocalist, Dani Klein is one of my fav female vocalists.

This hits so well into my listening taste, awesome find!! Thanks for sharing..

From a non-Deadhead, I really enjoy Friend of the Devil in 24 bit.

Great track that one. Will check the 24 bit for my trip..

Jun 2, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #1,217 of 3,122
Now that’s what I needed to kick off my weekend!

Taking a flight tomorrow with my wife for a few days time off and will download some of these to refresh my playlist. Thanks 🙏😁

Very cool! Need to go watch this movie now..

Thanks!

That made me smile :)

This hits so well into my listening taste, awesome find!! Thanks for sharing..

Great track that one. Will check the 24 bit for my trip..
They released a new album last October where a lot of their more popular songs are re-done with just a piano and Dani singing. Very good album.
RoonShareImage-638213103432454744.png

Jun 2, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #1,218 of 3,122
What do you think about Ferrum stacks vs Euforia Evo to drive Atrium?
I have been going back and forth between the two. They are both excellent and compliment each other well. The Ferrum is better for rock and other similar music that is punicher and harder hitting, since it slams better and has a pitch black background. The Euforia is better with everything else for the obvious reasons. The reviews on both are pretty accurate. The Euforia has a noticeably increased sound stage, but the Ferrum doesn't have a narrow soundstage, it just gives you the music as intended. It steps back and adds nothing to the music. I thought about a Holo Bliss, but the fact that it is more expensive and is class A (so it has to be turned off when not in use) plus it takes up much more space, made me go with the Ferrum. Plus, the Euforia makes the Bliss' wide soundstage irrelevant. You can buy a Oor/Hypsos or Euforia for lower than the listed prices if you just ask the websites that sell them in their chat box. I got the Evo for $3100 (tax free) and the Oor/Hypsos for $2850.

Jun 2, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #1,219 of 3,122
It's safe to say we may not be doing olive wood again, as we don't have the infrastructure to remake headphone after headphone for natural wood characteristics, and this is the second time we run olive and we're batting 1000 as far as how much wood we can't use, and how it's received by the community. It also may be why I don't think I've ever seen another company make a production run (more than a one off) of olive wood. It's a beast to work with and to please everyone.
I haven't had any issues at all with my Olivewood AC. Maybe you should use your remaining Olivewood stock to make B Stock headphones. That way customers know they will get what they get.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #1,220 of 3,122
Received my AC early today finally after a little bit over a month and i was so excited to open the box. A BIG disappointment at the Quality Control of the headphones, right cup was damaged. There is a knot with a dent that you can feel with fingers and a small crack next to it.

That looks natural. I wouldn't think anything of it.

Jun 2, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #1,222 of 3,122
Jun 2, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #1,224 of 3,122
Jun 2, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #1,225 of 3,122
Im hoping to have at least some kind of limited release this year, but there's a few more things to do with the new form factor and with it being a more singular sku type product etc. I hope to have a unit at one of thw upcoming Canjams for demo at some point.
I'm dreaming of closed back that is basically a foldable more compact ZMF.... Maybe even oval shaped or on-ear to make it more compact.

@zach915m what are the chances?

Jun 2, 2023 at 9:28 PM Post #1,226 of 3,122
Just got my CanJam Chicago tickets and flight settled. I'll be on the hunt for the ZMF display to test any Atrium Closed stabilized pairs if any are present! AC, Susvara, Utopia 2022, stax x9000, Meze Elite, abyss 1266 TC in that order are on my audition list.

Jun 2, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #1,227 of 3,122
Jun 2, 2023 at 10:01 PM Post #1,228 of 3,122
Just got my CanJam Chicago tickets and flight settled. I'll be on the hunt for the ZMF display to test any Atrium Closed stabilized pairs if any are present! AC, Susvara, Utopia 2022, stax x9000, Meze Elite, abyss 1266 TC in that order are on my audition list.

For a treat, try these combos:
  • AC on the Decware/ZMF OTL (should be at their booth) - this combo is just spectacular. If you're in Chicago, don't miss out on demo-ing this combo
  • Susvara on the Zahl HM1 (if anyone brings it) / and on the Ampandsound Red October (should be there) - also! ZMF headphones are REALLY sounding on the Red October. I demoed the VC with it and those 300B tubes opened up a very big soundstage
  • X9000 on the Eksonic T2 (though I'm not sure Kerry is coming this year to Chicago); if not, see if you can sureptitiously plug one in the Mjornir Carbo that Audeze likely will be using to (yea, creatively) demo their Carbon headphones. You'll need to tell them you are comparing them or something

Jun 2, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #1,229 of 3,122
I'm dreaming of closed back that is basically a foldable more compact ZMF.... Maybe even oval shaped or on-ear to make it more compact.

They are going to release a closed back portable headphone for under $1000. Zach said he hopes to have at least a limited amount by end of this year. Would imagine have a few sets at CanJam. But sounds like full release might not happen until next year. Have no idea if they fold up or what their sound signature will be like.

Jun 2, 2023 at 10:16 PM Post #1,230 of 3,122

They are going to release a closed back portable headphone for under $1000. Zach said he hopes to have at least a limited amount by end of this year. Would imagine have a few sets at CanJam. But sounds like full release might not happen until next year. Have no idea if they fold up or what their sound signature will be like.
The headphone will be somewhere around 1k, slightly over or under, closed, and isn't going to fold up, but will lay flat and be more "semi portable" with I am cups and 3.5mm jack connectors and will be easy to drive at 80 ohms and over 100 dB/mW. I do hope to have some at Canjams, but it's tight with canjam chicago to have a sample, certainly none for sale until later in the year.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back