ZMF Atrium Closed - the latest closed back headphone from ZMF
Jun 2, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #1,201 of 3,122
This is a public forum and everyone is allowed to post their good or bad experience. Even if no help is expected but we should always put forward our experience be it good or bad.

Jun 2, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #1,202 of 3,122
It was obviously not just about questions but sharing a rare negative experience. Which is as valuable as positive feedback for people that are considering a purchase. I think a headphone forum is first and foremost a place where people should be able to exchange opinions and experiences with each other.

Again, that’s not what I was saying. What I’m saying is if you want to get your problem resolved, it’s going to be from the company itself.

And let’s not let it get lost that in the original post, he called out the poor quality control of ZMF. This in fact, is not fact.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #1,203 of 3,122
This exact same thing happened when we did olive wood VCs, otherwise we rarely get response like this about natural wood characteristics. We have had a few people who have gotten sets that weren't exactly what the owners pictured in their head, which is to be expected with a wood that varies as much as olive, and any type of wood with great variance like stabilized burl etc.

It's safe to say we may not be doing olive wood again, as we don't have the infrastructure to remake headphone after headphone for natural wood characteristics, and this is the second time we run olive and we're batting 1000 as far as how much wood we can't use, and how it's received by the community. It also may be why I don't think I've ever seen another company make a production run (more than a one off) of olive wood. It's a beast to work with and to please everyone.

Of note, if your set does have a small split. Knot or anything of the sort and we sent it out to you. You can rest assured that I personally looked at it to make sure it's stable and not going to be moving. We aren't missing anything on our side and I have put aside enough wood for b stock sets for the next few zmf November's of olive.

I think we can consider this case closed and move back to talking about the sound, although I do appreciate the back and forth and hopefully it does lead more potential owners to knowing that we are really making these from scratch from solid blocks of wood and it's part of what makes what we do unique.

I don't think any of your sides were trying to quiet the other, but I do appreciate your posts stating to wait for my response as it is hard to "clean up" misconceptions about our work and QC before letting me respond as I really do spend all my waking hours making and thinking about our headphones.

Last edited:
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jun 2, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #1,205 of 3,122
We can absolutely exchange your set for a different set of Olive, but I Can't guarantee it won't have some of the natural characteristics that are innate to Olive like this listed from the product page, and if it's cleaner without markings and such, it may be a much more boring looking set as that's the trade-off:

The other option would be that we can exchange the set for cherry, which has it's own unique characteristics but is much much more uniform of a wood.

The measure of a brand is in how it manages adversity and complaints. ZMF’s level of direct engagement with consumers in online forums is unparalleled, and so is Zach’s reliably predictable willingness to resolve any issue to the customer’s happiness. That’s why so many of us love this brand, which genuinely looks to delight its customers.

I think this exchange has been worthwhile, and the response illuminating on both the pertinent issue and beyond..

Now, anyone has some good music recommendations??? 😁😁😁

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #1,207 of 3,122
Jun 2, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #1,208 of 3,122
Now that this has been settled, I will continue to await my AC shipment notification so I can join you all in the sound discussions that we are all here for :joy:

Jun 2, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #1,209 of 3,122
The measure of a brand is in how it manages adversity and complaints. ZMF’s level of direct engagement with consumers in online forums is unparalleled, and so is Zach’s reliably predictable willingness to resolve any issue to the customer’s happiness. That’s why so many of us love this brand, which genuinely looks to delight it’s customers.
100%

Unparalleled.

Jun 2, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #1,210 of 3,122
The measure of a brand is in how it manages adversity and complaints. ZMF’s level of direct engagement with consumers in online forums is unparalleled, and so is Zach’s reliably predictable willingness to resolve any issue to the customer’s happiness. That’s why so many of us love this brand, which genuinely looks to delight it’s customers.

I think this exchange has been worthwhile, and the response illuminating on both the pertinent issue and beyond..

Watched Spider-man Across the Spider-verse yesterday and its soundtrack is so good. Listening through Atrium Open, the bass hits hard, I can only imagine how it’ll sound with the Atrium Closed.

Jun 2, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #1,212 of 3,122
@Sajid Amit
What are your top picks for Pads for Atrium open & closed?

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #1,214 of 3,122
Jun 2, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #1,215 of 3,122
I rather enjoy Vaya Con Dios, a criminally unknown band here in the States, though they have a pretty large following in Europe. I accidentally discovered them one day while I was cleaning out the DJ booth down in Martinique while I was DJing for Club Med.
I camethisclose to just tossing the CD into the trash, but I decided to pop into the tray and was blown away.

They mix several genres like jazz, blues, surf, torch songs all into one, and their vocalist, Dani Klein is one of my fav female vocalists.

favorite track?
From a non-Deadhead, I really enjoy Friend of the Devil in 24 bit. Great separation and staging. Very nice, chill acoustic picking too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back