ZMF Atrium Closed
Dec 14, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #2,521 of 3,180
The Bstock stamp is just weird Why would they do that
im guessing for the secondary market to know? Whenever I saw B-Stock items on secondary market I've notice seller would always mention it being B-Stock...I can see why now!

Dec 14, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #2,524 of 3,180
It's bizarre. It must have been something internal and they shipped it by error.
Hopefully, a friend is waiting for his unit, pretty sure he doesn’t a want big fat b-stock lable on his 3k headphone :]

Dec 14, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #2,525 of 3,180
My B-stock VC doesn’t have this branding, so maybe only a few specific units (or the suede bands). Either way, an easy $49 band replacement would solve the issue if you don't like it cosmetically, and you still likely saved hundreds from it being a B-stock.

Dec 14, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #2,526 of 3,180
Most likely the B-stock branding applies just to the band and not the headphones unit itself is what I’m guessing. I’ve owned some B-stocks and have never seen this before. Only appears on the warranty card.

Though I wish it was stamped on the underside of the band or somewhere more subtle?

Dec 14, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #2,527 of 3,180
I'd like to hear your (or anyone else's) impression of the AC with Auteur hybrid, solid suede, and solid lambskin pads. For me, pad rolling is half the fun.
I would not recommend hybrid or solid lambskin pads with the AC. The bass starts to get out of control and overall the FR starts to get disjointed. The Auteur and Eikon suede pads do sound good, as well as the new Bokeh suede pads.

It's an older post, but Zach touches on some of the alt pad choices for the AC here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/zmf...-back-headphone-from-zmf.966989/post-17521927

It's bizarre. It must have been something internal and they shipped it by error.
@zach915m will no doubt address this soon.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #2,529 of 3,180
Dec 14, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #2,530 of 3,180
Gorgeous pair, couldnt tell this is a b-stock, easily rivaling my summer burl redwood.

Just not sure I would want that b-stock print. Do all b-stock untis have that?

The Bstock stamp is just weird Why would they do that

The labeling would b(-stock) a deal breaker for me.

im guessing for the secondary market to know? Whenever I saw B-Stock items on secondary market I've notice seller would always mention it being B-Stock...I can see why now!

Hopefully, a friend is waiting for his unit, pretty sure he doesn’t a want big fat b-stock lable on his 3k headphone :]
We had to add the b stock print in the last year because so many people would sell the B-stock, and whether or not they sold it as b stock the next person might not sell it as b stock and so on, than somewhere down the line someone would notice something on the cups and blame "zmf's bad qc" and then we'd get the headphone in and notice that it was sold as b stock and that our company reputation was getting a negative hit because used market sellers wanted to capitalize on there being no way to tell that it's b stock.

Unfortunately this has happened more times than I can count at this point, and dealing with emails, reddit posts etc about our lack of QC got a bit tiring. So even though I get the sentiment, I'm glad it's obvious in the pics!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Dec 14, 2023 at 6:45 PM Post #2,531 of 3,180
The redwoods have arrived! Thanks ZMF. And a few hours before the new tubes too.

Immediate impressions after an hour is that I had to take off the Caldera suedes that were just too sharp in the treble for my preferences. Once lambskins were on, treble was calmed down a bit with the benefit of bigger bass at the expense of a bit of an overall darker presentation and the loss of that creamy suede mids timbre. It's definitely an Atrium line of headphone sounding closer to the AO than not to me lol; my canjam impressions didn't change. The redwood light weight is amazing and could result in these cans getting more head time than they normally would. Now to decide if the xDuoo TA-30 into AC will be my cooking or bedside table setup...

Hard to get a good pic in cloudy December. Cable is Arctic Cables Talos v2 with all dark coating if anyone is curious.

20231214_123953.jpg

20231214_125815.jpg

and current jam of the week

beautiful matching of the headphone and cable.. love it

Dec 14, 2023 at 6:48 PM Post #2,532 of 3,180
We had to add the b stock print in the last year because so many people would sell the B-stock, and whether or not they sold it as b stock the next person might not sell it as b stock and so on, than somewhere down the line someone would notice something on the cups and blame "zmf's bad qc" and then we'd get the headphone in and notice that it was sold as b stock and that our company reputation was getting a negative hit because used market sellers wanted to capitalize on there being no way to tell that it's b stock.

Unfortunately this has happened more times than I can count at this point, and dealing with emails, reddit posts etc about our lack of QC got a bit tiring. So even though I get the sentiment, I'm glad it's obvious in the pics!
Makes perfect sense, and I posted my comment in jest. I wonder if there's a way to brand the b-stock in a more discreet and permanent location? Etched on the inside of the cup maybe?

Dec 14, 2023 at 6:48 PM Post #2,533 of 3,180

Ugh. That sadly makes sense. Always a few that ruin something for everyone else.

Dec 14, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #2,534 of 3,180

Does it say this stamp will be added on the ordering page that I am not seeing, probably not a bad idea to add that to the ordering details.

Dec 14, 2023 at 8:59 PM Post #2,535 of 3,180

Apparently that mark is in my blind spot. I just had to look at my new VO to look for it. I think it’s kinda like most locks - it’s only going to help keep honest people honest. It’s a token gesture, but realistically you won’t get better results for 10x the effort. I can’t imagine ever selling mine. I guess if it bothers me (unlikely since I only noticed it today), I can buy a replacement strap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back