ZMF Atrium Closed; Release Day Info, Decware OTL, Content and more!
May 2, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #61 of 86
ZMF no. 2 on order. Pumped! My first set was the cutting-edge at the time, LCD-2 killers, Omni Cocobolo. They have since been renamed the Ori, and I still love them, but I heard the open back Atrium's in Austin last summer connected to Schiit's huge, jumbo, dozen or so tube amp, and it was magical. I'm really looking forward to the closed back in Olivewood.

May 2, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #62 of 86
It was only a reorder of prescription dog food. Not the same as an AC.
disappointed-disappointed-fan.gif

May 2, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #64 of 86
No it hasn't shipped. I just was so excited I jumped to the conclusion it had shipped. The notice was for the dog food shipping. The notice had no identification of who the vendor was.
I wondered how you got shipping so quick. My order #13384 and still waiting for shipping notification and in the meantime my Aeolus, Eikon, Auteur OG and VC keep me busy.

May 2, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #65 of 86
I wondered how you got shipping so quick. My order #13384 and still waiting for shipping notification and in the meantime my Aeolus, Eikon, Auteur OG and VC keep me busy.
I hope they have enough units to ship

May 6, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #69 of 86
Can somebody help a noob out here? There’s no manual, in the box or online, so what is the right way to plug this thing in?
@goldwerger

6B8720D0-9132-4951-B4AC-7E7B78AC0D69.jpeg

May 6, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #71 of 86
Look at the “key”at the bottom of the tube at the pins. Match it up to the socket. Look closely. You’ll see a male going into a female.
Thanks!!

May 6, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #72 of 86
Can somebody help a noob out here? There’s no manual, in the box or online, so what is the right way to plug this thing in?
@goldwerger

6B8720D0-9132-4951-B4AC-7E7B78AC0D69.jpeg

At the black plastic bottom of all tubes you’ll see there an inner circle protruding (that will go into the middle of the hole in the amp). That inner part has a small protrusion on one side, a small notch. It aligns with the opposite notch in the white plastic in the inner circle of the tube socket in the amp.. just line them up and gently press in.

Pm me if u need more help

May 6, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #73 of 86
At the black plastic bottom of all tubes you’ll see there an inner circle protruding (that will go into the middle of the hole in the amp). That inner part has a small protrusion on one side, a small notch. It aligns with the opposite notch in the white plastic in the inner circle of the tube socket in the amp.. just line them up and gently press in.

Pm me if u need more help

I got it. In retrospect it would have been obvious if I'd tried it, but I'm erring on the side of caution since it's my first go-round with tubes and I didn't want to make an early and expensive mistake.

What's the deal with the input voltage knobs? Is there a general rule about where those should land relative to master volume? If I put those at 12:00 and master volume at 11:30 or so it's a pretty comfortable listening level. But, I'm not sure if there's an 'ideal' position for SQ.

May 6, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #74 of 86
I got it. In retrospect it would have been obvious if I'd tried it, but I'm erring on the side of caution since it's my first go-round with tubes and I didn't want to make an early and expensive mistake.

What's the deal with the input voltage knobs? Is there a general rule about where those should land relative to master volume? If I put those at 12:00 and master volume at 11:30 or so it's a pretty comfortable listening level. But, I'm not sure if there's an 'ideal' position for SQ.

Forums are good for asking questions, but you have a new amp and I would contact the dealer that you got it from and have them send you some paperwork on it.

May 6, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #75 of 86
Forums are good for asking questions, but you have a new amp and I would contact the dealer that you got it from and have them send you some paperwork on it.

There isn't any documentation yet as far as I know. Zach's been replying to questions on Head-Fi, I think that's currently the only source of info aside from the product description on the website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back