Votes: 20 27.4%
  • Way above the price range!

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Could be

Votes: 30 41.1%

• Total voters
Nov 3, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #556 of 652
Nov 3, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #557 of 652
Hi, on budget I recommend **** 6 core cable. Only exists in copper color. No earhooks but it's so supple that it works fine over-ear if needed. Works with my DSD so works with T1.

Personally I find trn t2 sub-par, it's heavy and tangles and the braiding isn't great. 16 cores being the sale point.. but is "more" really better? Not in my book.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #558 of 652
My favourite is
NICEHCK 16 Core High Purity Copper Cable 3.5/2.5/4.4mm Plug MMCX/2Pin Connector Cable For TRN V80 AS10 BA10 NICEHCK M6 HK8 NK10
Got 2, will probably get another one on 11.11
No earhooks help with precise fit, sound-wise reduces harshness just a bit with BA IEMs
Very soft and flexible, yet reasonably light-weight for 16 core.

Nov 3, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #559 of 652
My favourite is
NICEHCK 16 Core High Purity Copper Cable 3.5/2.5/4.4mm Plug MMCX/2Pin Connector Cable For TRN V80 AS10 BA10 NICEHCK M6 HK8 NK10
Got 2, will probably get another one on 11.11
No earhooks help with precise fit, sound-wise reduces harshness just a bit with BA IEMs
Very soft and flexible, yet reasonably light-weight for 16 core.
R u agree with my link or wrong cables?

Nov 3, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #560 of 652
R u agree with my link or wrong cables?
They look similar, but I don’t have the cable you linked, so cannot comment on that one.
But I can recommend a really good one that I have and like a lot, the NiceHCK one - copy paste description in Ali and it will pop up (cannot post a working link from mobile, sorry)
Hope it helps.

Nov 3, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #561 of 652
But I can recommend a really good one that I have and like a lot, the NiceHCK one - copy paste description in Ali and it will pop up (cannot post a working link from mobile, sorry)
I already have one TRN, 16-cores, copper color, but with 3.5 minijack. Very good cable. Difference between NiceHCK is just Name)) I mean which one need for balance out - TRRS? 2.5 mm?

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #563 of 652
All hello again. Can u recommend me some good cable for Zishan t1 balance out? It must be marked as TRRS and 2.5 mm, right? For example here https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/3302...&terminal_id=857888ded698499ca6b0c1dd29062c14
(i need mmcx)
Hello,

Well, I was also in the same problem as yours. The 2.5mm BL port has got my attention so much, so I decided to buy the silver TRN-T2 a week ago.

Does it worth the money? I'd say yes. Why?
1. The product quality is pretty beautiful (silver color). It's just suit my taste (might be different with yours)
2. Thick, and the price is also reasonable. I bought it for $10. So pretty good in my opinion. Also, I'm pretty satisfied with the Y splitter and adjuster, suited my needs.
3. There's a lot of configuration on the cable, both on connector and plug (in my case, I bought the 2.5mm with 0.78 pin connector).

Now, I can use the both balance and single-ended cans, which is pretty fun for experiments :wink:

Sound quality wise, doesn't improve a lot. Maybe 5% improved, but mostly at separation and soundstage section. On the tri-band equalization, doesn't really improved, IMO.

Would I recommend this cable? Straight yes. Yes if you're not looking for sound improvements, just pure 2.5mm 16 core cable with great product quality for the price.
Hi, on budget I recommend **** 6 core cable. Only exists in copper color. No earhooks but it's so supple that it works fine over-ear if needed. Works with my DSD so works with T1.

Personally I find trn t2 sub-par, it's heavy and tangles and the braiding isn't great. 16 cores being the sale point.. but is "more" really better? Not in my book.
Hi citral,

I respect your opinion in the TRN T2. Personally I like the T2. Thick, heavy and "16 core". About the braiding quality, yes it's not the best. But for me, definitely deserve my appreciation, since this is hand-braided (and it's good).

But again, different people = different opinion and perspective.

Nov 9, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #565 of 652
Kudos, @Dblackdock9 for this info (see below) I believe these shoulderless adapters will also fit into the T1’s lpf as a single to dual adapters for some users’ favorite single packaging op amps to fitting them in the T1 enclosure! I’ll eventually source the parts and save some money doing this on my own but right now it’s convenient to order these Browndog adapters!

Wasn’t sure if there was a way to fit an single to dual adapter in both my T1/DSD Pro but was curious in doing this myself but now that I know it’s possible in my DSD I will attempt these adapters in my T1.

“Before you place the order for the 020302 adapter, contact Cimarron by email, and request the low profile, shoulderless pins - so the adapter sits low enough to fit in the DSD.”
https://www.cimarrontechnology.com/product/browndog-020302-single-to-dual-op-amp-adapter

Post #2565

“I removed output caps and resistors, replaced transistors for Infineon...”

Post #2450

@IvanTT can you source the Infineon transistors you replaced in the 3.5 stock DSD Pro, I’d like to do the same and also put some caps there as well!

Not sure if the T1 has the same transitors but I’ll do the same and replaced them as well if it improves the audio signal and sensitivity!

Thanks!

Nov 10, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #567 of 652
Certainly, here you go:
MMBT2222ALT1HTSA1
MMBT2907ALT1HTSA1

Thanks, Ivan!

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-zishan-dsds-corner.826185/page-151#post-14845193

“Thanks! That seems like a fairly small space, to try to cram 2200uF in to. I found some low ESR 2200uF caps at Mouser, but they're BIG.”

I found ones that fit in the DSD Pro but NOT in the T1. Improves the sound quality, sensitivity and VREF a lot! You'll need to use wire from some old aluminum caps but they do fit with ease in the DSD Pro! (See link below)

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/AVX/F750J228MMCAQ2?qs=gTYE2QTfZfQY3ykkl0/Suw==

You can “short” the 3.5 outputs as well. It sounds more open. However, it can introduce unnecessary noise depending on the op amps (ultra low noise and distortion work best!) and how sensitive your iems are.

(I ordered some jumper thin res film 0805 to make them more stable instead of soldered wire)

Haven’t increased the ufs caps around the op amps up from 10ufs but this dude has been spot on with his mod recommendations!

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-zishan-dsds-corner.826185/page-95#post-14688124

I have also thought about coupling film caps/wima around the 3.5 op amp socket in the DSD Pro and lieu of the 1.2 and 10 ohm resistors. But I'm not sure if this is possible just going on hunch based on designs/mods I've seem with this coupling??

Sadly, none of these modifications can be done on the T1 and I’m hoping the Ak4499 T1 isn’t this space restrictive to the DIY community- this would be an absolute disappointment. :frowning2:

Nov 17, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #568 of 652
SO.

I do a super uber anti Hyper ultra GRUMPY Video review of the terrible ZISHAN T1!

Hourray!

Give a look at my youtube channel.

(Parental Advisory: Crude langage)

Dec 20, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #570 of 652
hi
i am still waitiıng usb dac feature to come.but on russian site(http://player.ru/) they say usb dac firmware canceled because of low sale or interest.zishan will be useless for me because i planned to use with usb dac.someıone can get news from zishan ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back