1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ZiShan T1 Hi-Fi Player Thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by IcedFrosty, Jul 27, 2019.
Tags:
?

Is this the best DAP under $100?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Way above the price range!

4 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. Could be

18 vote(s)
    42.9%
First

Back
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Next

Last
  1. silverfishla
    I can’t confirm if it’s real, but if you buy the Acmee MF01 player, it comes with a Muses O2 in it. I have a Muse 02 that I bought from Mouser and the MF01 opamp sounds the same to my ears. Again, can’t truly confirm if it’s real, but they claim it is.

2. IcedFrosty
    No, it's sold for <$50. $46.25 to be precise (10/17). I believe that mouser and digikey are authorized distributors, so no need to worry about quality and authenticity (please note that I'm not a sponsor or something), rather than purchasing IC(s) from AE. So you can get a pair of muses02 for about $100, as expensive as the player itself, which is an overkill (for me).

I'd suggest you to buy a pair of genuine muses8920, since most people said it's the cheap version of their ex-flagship 02. Muses8920 is priced at approx. $11 each.

You can get a higher level player but the T1 AK4497 is one of the best in term of sound quality under $150-200

DBaldock9 likes this.
  3. Zbiten
    upload_2019-10-17_18-25-10.png

Themilkman46290 and DBaldock9 like this.
  4. Merlin-PT
    Profusion is also an official distributor with good prices:
    https://www.njr.com/MUSES/series/MUSES8920.html
    https://www.profusionplc.com/parts/muses8920d

I got several NJR opamps from them, including 8820 and 8920, they sound natural, but don't wow me, I think I like a brighter sound. I didn't try Muses 01,02,03 they are too expensive.

Best thing to do is to buy and try some different ones, so you can compare and choose, also try from different brands like TI, AD.
    I don't have T1, so I can't suggest what sounds best there.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    DBaldock9 and Zbiten like this.
  5. HeyManslowdown97
    The sad truth of the T1 for those who seek to dramatically improve its sound is: there’s simply isn’t enough room for mods like larger caps and larger/adapter single to dual op amps.

Honestly it will be a huge disappointment if the the AK4499 has the same problem as part (if not all of the appeal) with previous Zishans are they Diy friendly ability for Users to modify their player. If given a choice I’d take the DSD Pro protocol/larger casing with wiggle room over the T1 portability design and touchscreen any day.

My T1 has reached it’s ceiling in terms of how much I can improve it with modifications due largely to limited spacing and sizing and I know that it’s underperforming based on what I did mod-wise on my DSD Pro which now sounds great!

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  6. fabien32
    Zbiten likes this.
  7. IcedFrosty
  8. Zbiten
    Yes, ure right =( I use mobile browser and site now ask me location , i choose Indonesia for ex.. ..and price was 46$. Pretty nice =/

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  9. ponyhead
    Are they all counterfeit clones (stolen IP), or are some of them outright fakes (sub-par counterfeits)?

10. HeyManslowdown97
    Yes they are. It’s hard to say. If it’s mass produced by Chinese State-Run Company it’s generally stolen IP “clones” however the ones you buy from Shenzhen are either made by merchants themselves and flood the market with counterfeit. In fact, MUSE uses a disclaimer on their website to beware of counterfeit parts and asks potential buyers to use their official distributors.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2019
  11. ponyhead
    Sorry allow me to clarify. In the most technical sense it was a yes/no question, but I didn't mean it as such :D

I'm just curious how good the counterfeits tend to be? I would think the ones that are stolen IP are very good counterfeits. If there are any that aren't stolen IP then that's the equivalent of a guy on the street making a random chip and calling it a Muse02 or whatever.

Either in this thread or the Chinese DAP thread, one of the designers said he thinks his chip source is providing genuine chips but doesn't even care if it's not, because he knows he found a good-sounding chip.

Btw, it seems like you have an interest in political discussion, in which case I invite you to join a forum called Unstuck Politics.

12. noknok23
    HeyManslowdown97 and ponyhead like this.
  13. Zbiten
    I dont trust any "heatings" and etc. But after few (~10) discharging from 100 to 0 by IsoTec file the stock sound feel much better than than after unbox.

14. duggda
    Hi all,

I have the same issue, it became from a wrong handling calibration.

For me to solve this problem by reseting the T1, I hold the volume down and power button at the same time for couple of seconds, but before make you're sure that your T1 is off.

Have nice day

captblaze likes this.
  15. captblaze
    I don't know why, but I followed your suggestion and now all seems in order. thank you

First

Back
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Next

Last