1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ZiShan T1 Hi-Fi Player Thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by IcedFrosty, Jul 27, 2019.
Tags:
?

Is this the best DAP under $100?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Way above the price range!

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Could be

18 vote(s)
    40.0%
First

Back
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
37 38 39 40
Next

Last
  1. fabien32
    i was talking about what IcedFrosty said:" T1 isn't op-amp rolling friendly"

2. IcedFrosty
    Hello fabien,
    About the sound quality, it's really a subjective matter. For me, I haven't take a listen to both the DSD nor T1 with AK4497, so I can't judge. But in my opinion, the DSD can be better in term of sound (remember, this is only my opinion). But it's good to hear that "the T1 AK4497 sounds better than the DSD Pro". Really appreciate your experiences here. Hope you love both of the Zishan players :wink:.

Peace
    Well, that is not a good thing to say bro. To prevent useless T1 because of the screen is broken, turn on the "Btn for next", so you can still use the T1 even if the screen is broken. Also, the screen won't broke easily if you're using it the right way. If you don't like a resistive screen, don't buy the T1.

3. fabien32
    Well that's why i said to me
    i am not sure how can you have an opinion about how soothing sound without listening experience, but sure

4. ponyhead
    Hey guys, I'm looking at the different zishan players and I notice there's a T1 single 4497 vs a dual 4493. Is dual 4493 better? But also, since the dac is changeable, would it be a good idea to swap the 4493's out for 4497's, and if so, would it be a simple procedure? Where does one buy the chip?

There's also the 4499, but based on the spec sheet I assume it's incompatible?

Also, noob question: if I want to LO to an unbalanced amp, can I still use the 2.5mm balanced LO (since that's the only LO on the non-DIY versions)?

Thanks

5. fabien32
    LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  6. captblaze
    thought I would drop an update on my screen issue. opened the case and knew immediately what the issue is.

the ribbon cable that goes to the screen is twisted and crushed. the screen is stuck to the internal chassis, so I didn't pry it apart. now trying to decide if a self repair (or a .308) is the path I take.

7. Zbiten
    All hello.
    Recently i received model with single AK4497EQ. Can you help me, which opa i must change for a better choice? And how much of opa i need - 2 or 1? I found in Net some variations: TL072CP, LM4562NA/NOPB, OPA2132PA, MUSES02/03.
    Big thnx for attention and help.

8. fabien32
    MUSES02 is the better choice, you need 2

9. Zbiten
    Thanks. Why not MUSES03?

10. fabien32
    not compatible

11. Zbiten
    Thnx. Where i can buy muses02?

12. IcedFrosty
    Hello,
    Glad to hear that you bought T1. Unfortunately, T1 doesn't have much room for op-amp rolling, unlike their previous player. Op-amps like SOIC8 to DIP8 won't fit on the module. It will but the golden contact needle won't connected properly thus the T1 won't "sing".

I suggest you to only use PDIP8 op-amps, since those will first perfectly.
    Muses03 is a single op-amp. You need two dual op-amps to amplify the audio signal properly (one for L- R-, the other is for L+ R+), especially for the balance. Also, the T1 has been made that way, so don't mess with it :wink:
    Mouser. You can get 100% genuine op-amps there. You'd want a real, genuine op-amps for the best quality, especially when buying op-amps like muses02 or opa627. Avoid counterfeit, As they're probably can damage your equipment and they're strictly illegal.

Hopes this help.
    God bless

Zbiten likes this.
  13. DBaldock9
    The OPA627AU is also a mono op-amp, like the MUSES03.
    They're ~$25 each, and 4 are needed to drive a Balanced output.

14. IcedFrosty
    Yes, but what I meant was we can solder 2 mono opa627 on a DIP8 adapter, so I count 2 mono opa627 as 1 op-amp when in use of zishans. But this is impossible for muses03. Hopefully I make things clear

DBaldock9 likes this.
  15. Zbiten
    Thnx for help. But...Holy sh...90$ for each one...i need 2 = 180$ for the player price 100$...hmm..Mb better get player with higher class?

First

Back
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
37 38 39 40
Next

Last