ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread
Jun 14, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #826 of 1,497
I never thought when I first got into headphones about four years ago I would dive this deep into the iem experience. The dual dynamic Narmoo S1 was an eye opener for me in 2015. Even after attaining the fullsize headphones like the k612pro, dt880pro, and HD650, I still enjoyed budget iems as recent as the shozy zero. With all the gear I've listened to, the QT5 is up there with one of the most pleasurable eexperiences I've ever had. I haven't even gotten through most of my collection of music yet. What a treat to come with more QT5 listening sessions.

Jun 14, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #827 of 1,497

Our hearing system can adapt to a particular kind of frequency response when given enough time. Meaning if you keep on listening to the QT5 for long enough, its frequency response will become "normal" to your ears. And then whatever aspects of the sound you didn't like before (lacking treble, dark or veil sounding) will not be as prominent because your brain has compensated in some way for these lackings. This is when uaually earphones are described as "opening up", "bass tightening up", etc.

If you take a long enough break from listening to the QT5, listen to something brighter or different in the meantime and then come back, more than likely they will sound exactly like OOTB. Even if you don't listen to something else and just take a break for a day or two, this will be the case. It has happened to me over and over again.

Either this is the case or as @MuZo2 said, there is a tiny computer inside this iem that can control its mood. Some people just can't convince the QT5 to become a bright and happy fella.

i disagree and pretty sure i did not adjust my brain to accept the lesser mid or treble . I have beyerdynamic T90 and T1.2 and other bright headphone and i am pretty sure QT5 treble is not veil as compare when i first got it. 

Jun 14, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #828 of 1,497
  My QT5 is up for grabs if anyone based in Singapore is interested.

It's almost like this QT5 is doing a Southeast-Asian tour.

Jun 14, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #830 of 1,497
I never thought when I first got into headphones about four years ago I would dive this deep into the iem experience. The dual dynamic Narmoo S1 was an eye opener for me in 2015. Even after attaining the fullsize headphones like the k612pro, dt880pro, and HD650, I still enjoyed budget iems as recent as the shozy zero. With all the gear I've listened to, the QT5 is up there with one of the most pleasurable eexperiences I've ever had. I haven't even gotten through most of my collection of music yet. What a treat to come with more QT5 listening sessions.

Am very pleased (and slightly reassured) to read someone else is having a very similar experience and am not just a delusional fanboy revelling in his first serious pair of IEMs! Mostly listen to EDM but Played Nirvanas Bleach album the other day and its so basic and raw and in your face through the QT5s! with details I hadnt heard before like Cobains spittle hitting the microphone ..absolutely enjoyed it ! :beerchug:

Jun 14, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #831 of 1,497
  Aliexpress was the worst experience of my life... Jim gave discount but Aliexpress  wouldn't approve the order. Now, Aliexpress finally approves me to order, but no discount. So QT5 really not for me...  Oh well, I gave it a good try. 

You have to abandon the cart right at the very end. I checked out and then saw they could not do a post-sale discount. The communication instructions were not easy to understand on how to get the discount.
Had to refund post-sale and that took about 7 days to clear. I agree, they should just send a discount code after you put it in your basket.
Lost 7 days all-in on my order.

If I have any issues they are going back under the ali refund guarantee.

Jun 14, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #832 of 1,497
i disagree and pretty sure i did not adjust my brain to accept the lesser mid or treble . I have beyerdynamic T90 and T1.2 and other bright headphone and i am pretty sure QT5 treble is not veil as compare when i first got it. 

Its a bit like if you got up in the morning and looked out the window to see a thick blanket of fog obscuring your view , then as the day warms up the fog lifts until you can clearly see your view once again , then someone comes along and says "well actually the fogs still there but your eyes have adjusted and can now see through it"

My QT5s seemed to have somehow unlocked/opened up , got clearer and tighter with playtime. Its not something Ive experienced before . Perhaps suggestions of a remote micro chip inplanted inside each unit is not so far fetched afterall?
Maybe we are simply part of a social experiment! YhinZin has inplanted a hidden mic in there too and can hear your reactions when you recieve them. If for example the customer moans outloud about their drunken get together sessions while braiding the stock cables they simply push the button labled "Muffle Lock" .

On the other hand if they hear grunts of approval or positive verbal exclamation then they flick the switch labled "Awsome Unlock"

Below ZhinYin multinational Technician's debate which button to push..

Below YhinZin Technician's busy forging QT5 Nozzles.

This perfectly explains why Twin wasnt impressed by bhazards pair.. Twin likely uttered percieved shortcomings about them in comparison to his beloved D2s and YhinZin tech pushed the F U button! Sorry bhazard but you may have to verbalize some serious greasing to get your QT5s sounding sweet again!

You knows its true! :ph34r:

Jun 14, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #833 of 1,497
Discount is very simple.

Add the product to your basket at the actual price but do not pay. Close the page. You will later receive an email from the seller with the adjusted (new) price. Now you can pay.

Jun 14, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #836 of 1,497
Hello again. Jim was kind enough to extend my return period by another 30 days (didn't know that was possible on AliExpress), so I sent them off to bhazard this morning. I figure now, he can validate whether or not they are working properly and then from there, they can either go to Jim or back to me (so I can whisper sweet things to them in order to have them "unlock" for me too). Truth be told, though, I think they are sounding fine at this point. I don't know if it's my brain, my ears, my frustration, burn-in, magical "unlocking" or what, but they sound a lot different to me than when I took them out of the box. I'm relatively happy with them overall. But, it's time to let the expert have a listen. Otherwise, I will still always be wondering! 

We'll see what the answer is. Huge thanks to bhazard for taking on this task. Wish I could fit a few beers in this tiny flat rate box. 
popcorn.gif

-Collin-

Jun 14, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #837 of 1,497
Hello again. Jim was kind enough to extend my return period by another 30 days (didn't know that was possible on AliExpress), so I sent them off to bhazard this morning. I figure now, he can validate whether or not they are working properly and then from there, they can either go to Jim or back to me (so I can whisper sweet things to them in order to have them "unlock" for me too). Truth be told, though, I think they are sounding fine at this point. I don't know if it's my brain, my ears, my frustration, burn-in, magical "unlocking" or what, but they sound a lot different to me than when I took them out of the box. I'm relatively happy with them overall. But, it's time to let the expert have a listen. Otherwise, I will still always be wondering! 

We'll see what the answer is. Huge thanks to bhazard for taking on this task. Wish I could fit a few beers in this tiny flat rate box. :popcorn:

-Collin-

Wishing you good luck Bro, believe me now the suspense is on his top and every body want to see what the Bhazard announce,

Jun 14, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #838 of 1,497
Its a bit like if you got up in the morning and looked out the window to see a thick blanket of fog obscuring your view , then as the day warms up the fog lifts until you can clearly see your view once again , then someone comes along and says "well actually the fogs still there but your eyes have adjusted and can now see through it"

My QT5s seemed to have somehow unlocked/opened up , got clearer and tighter with playtime. Its not something Ive experienced before . Perhaps suggestions of a remote micro chip inplanted inside each unit is not so far fetched afterall?
Maybe we are simply part of a social experiment! YhinZin has inplanted a hidden mic in there too and can hear your reactions when you recieve them. If for example the customer moans outloud about their drunken get together sessions while braiding the stock cables they simply push the button labled "Muffle Lock" .

On the other hand if they hear grunts of approval or positive verbal exclamation then they flick the switch labled "Awsome Unlock"

Below ZhinYin multinational Technician's debate which button to push..

Below YhinZin Technician's busy forging QT5 Nozzles.

This perfectly explains why Twin wasnt impressed by bhazards pair.. Twin likely uttered percieved shortcomings about them in comparison to his beloved D2s and YhinZin tech pushed the F U button! Sorry bhazard but you may have to verbalize some serious greasing to get your QT5s sounding sweet again!

You knows its true! :ph34r:

Just realized why they needs doing such big nozzle thing... If by standard size for T500 should be much user friendly

Isn't western ears such as bigger than Asia

Jun 14, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #839 of 1,497
  Discount is very simple.

Add the product to your basket at the actual price but do not pay. Close the page. You will later receive an email from the seller with the adjusted (new) price. Now you can pay.

Oh if it was that simple for me. lol... Now, I'm being offered the iems without the cable. Why would I want that? *sigh*

Jun 14, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #840 of 1,497
Wishing you good luck Bro, believe me now the suspense is on his top and every body want to see what the Bhazard announce,

Thanks Buddy. I'm bracing myself or Bhazard's announcement that SeeSax is an idiot and they sound fine. But I'll be glad to hear it still, meaning that the quality control issues may not be all that big a deal. The "unlocking" is odd, but if everyone can get them unlocked then no harm. 

-Collin-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back